ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

RANKINGS: Post counts? Seriously?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 7:02 am    Post subject: RANKINGS: Post counts? Seriously? Reply with quote Back to top

Okay I was just thinking about this so bare with me. I think an ADMIN should decide the ranking of HACKER on here. Anyone can post all day and obtain the level of uuummm HACKER and never quote "hack" anything at all. I've been using this forum for much longer than a lot of people on here and they have higher rankings and probably more respect than I do Wink I just don't think someone deserves to be called that just for post count. Just a suggestion.

POINT:
ZOINKITY is still in 007 status and he has hacked some of the GREATEST stuff for GoldenEye without the aid of a level editor. Citadel would not even be playable without his exhaustive clipping work. He has hacked 10x over more stuff than post count hackers on here. Wink

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let's say a rank does not matter. it matters who you are. if you like what you're doing,then the satisfaction is the best reward,not getting promoted. But I don't manage this rank system, so I can not tell if it's a good idea or not.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool Zoinkity Cool is legend

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm James Bond status Wink

p.s. isn't "Hacker" manually assigned...?

Last edited by acceptable67 on Sun Mar 17, 2013 9:49 am; edited 1 time in total

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 17, 2013 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
Cool Zoinkity Cool is legend

EXACTLY Wink So why THE HELL is he not in hacking status after all these uuummmm YEARS?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well the ranking status is in the Goldeneye Vault. Subdrag updates it and what not when the players needs it. He even added a ranking system to it as well. Which in fact reminds me I should update my bio and what not sometime soon on that site. Since it is nearly 3 years old.

But the point of this thread. It does not matter what rank you are. What matters is how experience you are with the tools and hacking and all that bunch of little stuff. But if were gonna be going by the ranking system I guess I say I earn my 007 rank due to how well I know the editor off hand and I made a quite a few levels and what not. And been helping out the community over the last couple of years.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:19 pm    Post subject: well Reply with quote Back to top

All I'm saying Aries is we have people gaining hacker status that haven't even hacked anything. It's based on post count. Wink I'm just saying it's an inaccurate rating system. People that just talk and post hundreds of times are earning 007 status and I'm still a 00 agent after using this forum for over 5 years. Wink

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:

But the point of this thread. It does not matter what rank you are.

It does IF you are ranked high and all you've ever done is post stuff Wink. Either way I was just asking. It's not my forum or rules. I was just trying to make a point is all. Admins can close the subject if they disagree. No offense intended. Cool

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX wrote:
EternallyAries wrote:

But the point of this thread. It does not matter what rank you are.

It does IF you are ranked high and all you've ever done is post stuff Wink. Either way I was just asking. It's not my forum or rules. I was just trying to make a point is all. Admins can close the subject if they disagree. No offense intended. Cool

I guess I can agree to such a thing. Maybe they could add another rank to the side allowing the well known people to have a tiny rank that will change over the years and what not. I don't think it is needed. But it would make sense though.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I wouldn't worry about post count. Everybody knows everybody here. Quality over quantity.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
I wouldn't worry about post count. Everybody knows everybody here. Quality over quantity.

Wink Got it. Well just delete this topic then. Guess it just felt weird hacking for so many years and I just reached uuummm 00 agent status Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Hacker" is a group, not a ranking. These members have moderator status over certain forums. Zoinkity was once in this group, but I believe he personally requested to be removed from it, since he was posting from public library computers and was worried that someone else might get on and cause some issues using his account. I may be wrong, but that's what I recall.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
"Hacker" is a group, not a ranking. These members have moderator status over certain forums. Zoinkity was once in this group, but I believe he personally requested to be removed from it, since he was posting from public library computers and was worried that someone else might get on and cause some issues using his account. I may be wrong, but that's what I recall.

Oh I see. Well then nevermind and that's 2 hours of everyone's life you'll never get back sooooo SORRY about that Wink Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: