ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

*Official Release* DEEP SEA X w teleports 2PLAYER
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:57 am    Post subject: *Official Release* DEEP SEA X w teleports 2PLAYER Reply with quote Back to top

This is the FINAL version I will be releasing for Deep Sea. DEEP SEA X is an exhaustive multiplayer layout. A whopping 128 pads AND an additional 128 action blocks :O make this project one of the biggest hacks ever made for Perfect Dark in the last decade. Total warps per player: 4 TIMES *FROM AND *TO 8 TELEPORTS with a grand total of 64 warps! The game itself maybe uses a total of 6-8 in SOLO. I am very proud of this accomplishment and a VERY special thanks to Subdrag for even making this possible by hacking the game to use 2nd player. 100% credit goes to Subdrag for allowing me to finish this thing OFFICIALLY. Wink I included the binary and pads file if you'd like to ADD player 3 or something. I may come back and do it later but after 256 action blocks and pads all together I am looking forward to some other projects. Cool Enjoy!

Download:

Last edited by MultiplayerX on Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:36 pm; edited 10 times in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's definitely cool, you recommend a 5 minute match, so not to exhaust portals? Also, it'd be good to make the weapons instead be F0 to FC or whatever, so that it uses the one you picked instead of fixing to cyclone, laptop, etc. But very cool!!

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: not sure Reply with quote Back to top

If you don't WASTE teleports you could probably have a 20 minutes match or longer. After I'm done with my other projects I'm considering going back into the action blocks and testing some repeat commands. If we can get the action blocks to continuously LOOP, we could make the teleports warp INDEFINITELY Wink. Sounds more like a Subdrag FEAT to me since you obviously know A LOT more of what you're doing than Multi X ;D. It sure would cut down action blocks and pads by about uuummm let's see Wink ...... from and two pads X 2 PLayers = 8 x 8 teleports = 64 pads and 64 action blocks = 128 MINUS 256 existing action blocks and pads....uuuuuummmmm equals 128 LESS action blocks and pads PLUS INFINITE teleports. ;D NICE Very Happy

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Would be cool to see video of 2P match of people playing this.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Would be cool to see video of 2P match of people playing this.

AGREED. Might be able to do that IF I can get MUPEN to work with my bloody joystick and play 00Dark on Monday. Other than that I'm uuummm SOLO living here. This is a mining town and all most people like to do here is get drunk and gamble. lol Not many gamers here at all Sad

BTW: Feel free to add this to VAULT. I think this is something to be proud of Wink

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice work gents Cool

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah I'd like to put on vault, but can you change the weapon sets to use the ones selected by the user for the weapons? Just change them, and assign ammo boxes? They seem hardcoded to weapons (but not ones picked by user).

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

is a good job you've done MultiplayerX, I was surprised when teleportals could use over and over again and in any direction. sincerely discover teleportals functioning in PD is good news or to discover anything else about PD and its correct performance. think of it the discovery of teleportals funcinamiento can serve for creating new maps with teleportals and may even open the door to new mods in the PD engine eg Quake-I,-II Quake, Turok, Doom or longer DukeNukem that is common in these games maps using teleport.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Yeah I'd like to put on vault, but can you change the weapon sets to use the ones selected by the user for the weapons? Just change them, and assign ammo boxes? They seem hardcoded to weapons (but not ones picked by user).

Oh damn! Sub I f*cked that up then! I can fix it and re- release! Yea the weapons are FIXED as they are. My bad! I forgot peeps might want to change SETS in multi. So you just pick a Sim type and tell it the weapon set number right?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You have to set the gun to F0 to FC or whatever PD has, it's the different strengths, and then for ammo boxes, right click and set them to gun. Let me know when you've done it so I can post to vault!

Users just pick 6 weapon choices and it fills the slots with them.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh btw. My next project is to do a SECOND version oh GoldenEye Legends. It will be more user friendly and be a two patch only. Had one question though: Wreck said you can use any Solo level and make it a MULTI? So you choose it in the Solo Menu and bam it loads in multi? I ve had a hella time trying to get a level to use TEMPLE in multiplayer. It's setup appears to be different- like a Solo Setup?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All levels have a Usetup and Ump_setup, then in the multi combat simulator you just pick what level you're doing, and it loads the mp setup. If you don't do it that way, if like your level is a missing a mp setup and you don't add the file for it, you can just import over existing ones (from other levels that have multi)

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
You have to set the gun to F0 to FC or whatever PD has, it's the different strengths, and then for ammo boxes, right click and set them to gun. Let me know when you've done it so I can post to vault!

Users just pick 6 weapon choices and it fills the slots with them.

Okay! Out of town until like Tuesday this week. Driving back tomorrow ( Monday) I ll check into ASAP

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
All levels have a Usetup and Ump_setup, then in the multi combat simulator you just pick what level you're doing, and it loads the mp setup. If you don't do it that way, if like your level is a missing a mp setup and you don't add the file for it, you can just import over existing ones (from other levels that have multi)

Ah. I was thinking something like that. One other thing: Will GoldenEye load in combat simulator with just the setup files or do you HAVE to port them?

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Amazing work! the only way this could be better is if the Simulants could use the teleporters (or as Elvis calls em Teleportals) but being a novice I don't know if that's actually possible.

I was considering, when I get the hang of map editing, making a new map that looks identical to the deep sea but actually has all the portals connected with no collision data. So the Sims would just walk through em to get to the other areas.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: