ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

How many languages you speak?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 1:15 am    Post subject: How many languages you speak? Reply with quote Back to top

Well another funny topic where we'll see again how international this forum is Smile
so,how many languages do you speak? what's the language you growed up with?
my answers:
I growed up with dutch-ik spreek nederlands Smile
I learned-am still learning- some french-je parle français,un petit peu Smile
I learned english,still learn it-I think I speak very acceptable in english Smile
I learned german-still learn it-Ich lerne Deutsch aber es ist sehr schwierig! Smile
And finally,I learned spanish-still learn it-hablo español,voy a la escuela por estudiar español Smile
well that's all and forgive me if I made mistakes! Very Happy

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I speak two. English and German. Grew up with English. Meine auch nicht also gut aber es ist ok (es ist ein hart Sprache, ich weiß :/) Will be doing French after I learn enough German.

Last edited by acceptable67 on Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Rey

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 7:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm just bilingual.English and Spanish of course. Kinda grew up with both of them. I learned how to speak english because of a cartoon show.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm native Spanish and I talk Catalan and English (short of Razz) too.

Catalan is the second language in some regions here in Spain (Valencia included), so I studied it since I was 5. Although the truth is here in Valencia city most of people people don't use Catalan.
El que més m'agrada del català es la seua sonoritat. Els discursos èpics guanyen un plus d'espectaularitat en aquest idioma.
(What I like most about Catalan is how it sounds. Epic speeches are more spectacular in this language).

I started learning English when I was 10, I think. I was very good at reading and writing during my high school years (videogames such as Ocarina of Time, Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross helped a lot), but not at listening or speaking.
After high school I just read some English on the internet from time to time, so I think I got worse at writing. But because I started to watch American TV shows a few years ago I improved my listening (and I hope my speaking too, but I haven't got a chance yet, hehe).
I think English is an easy language to learn. What I dislike a little about the language is the use of a lot of short words because sometimes it gets confusing.

Spanish is a lot like Catalan. It doesn't have the cool sounds but when it comes to writing it's a lot easier. And even if you don't pronounce the words accurately it's easy for others to understand you.
El único problema del español es que las palabras son más largas y los textos ocupan más espacio que en cualquier otro idioma que yo conozca.
(The only issue with Spanish is that words are longer than any other language I know, so texts are longer too).

I tried to learn German some months ago by myself but already given up. I guess I overstimated my skills. Embarassed
Acceptable67 what was that website you told me some time ago?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
Acceptable67 what was that website you told me some time ago?

http://duolingo.com/! Smile

P.S. So many Spanish speakers!

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

C'mon Rey, bilingual means more than one language

Cartoons taughtcha English ? Damn lol

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Heh, it isn't too strange that there are so many spanish speaking, it's the 2nd most spoken language in te world, 1st being mandarin(sort of chinese) and 3rd English.
Spanish is a bit like french in it's sentence constructions. And just like in german, the word before the actual word-oh sh*t explanation Laughing - has a gender. that's not the case in English and dutch. example, cause you probably don't understand:
Spanish
Una ventana-a window-female / Un viaje-a travel-male.
french:
une femme-a woman-female / Un homme- a man-male.
german:
Ein Mann-a man-male / Eine Frau-a woman-female.
English:
A man-A woman-A dog: no difference.
Dutch:
Een man-a man / Een vrouw-a woman: geen verschil-no difference Smile

Rey

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
C'mon Rey, bilingual means more than one language

Cartoons taughtcha English ? Damn lol

Thats what it means...two.

HackBond

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I speak English "fluently", since I live and was born in the UK.

I know a small amount of other languages. German would be the other I know best, then Japanese (in Romaji).

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Mandarin is before English?? Seeing as USA/Canada/UK/AUS + nearly all of Western Europe speak English (most of EU as second language) I'm genuinely curious (and I'm talking about a language that is spoken around the world, not just in it's native country Wink ) Spanish is understable. It's taught here as a second language too, though it's not required. I took a year in Grade 3 when I lived in Nevada (BTW West USA, Spanish is basically second language undoubtably) but I think I was way too young. Ill be taking another year of it later, as it is required for me to graduate my school, and if I like it, I'll practice more on Duolingo. Smile

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Beeing bilingual is having perfect knowledge of two languages, as is both were native. And even with very good knowlegde of two languages you are usually more confortable using one of them, so that doesn't make you bilingual.

Yeah, Mandarin is the most spoken in the world. I think there are more than 800 million people that speak it. Spanish is about 350 million, a little bit more than English. But I think those numbers are about native speakers.

Now, following what I said earlier about English using lots of monosyllables, here's a funny video with confusing words (it's old but hilarious).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAFQFvSPhQ8
I forgot to mention two things that I find hard about English:
-Words finishing wiht -gh and -ght. I have to remember each word individually but I miss very often.
-Double consonants as -pp-, -dd-, -tt-... they don't exist in Spanish so I need to remember the words individually and I keep commiting mistakes, hehe.

EDIT: Nothing happened here Cool

Last edited by Sogun on Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I can speak my native language which is Papiamento, mi ta duda cu boso nan sa kiko esei ta Razz.(I doubt any of you know what that is)
Kind of like Rey I also learned English via cartoons and video games.
I can also speak Dutch, maar niet zo goed, we krijgen het op school omdat onze eiland een deel van het Konkrijk is Razz
I'm horrible at spanish, I can understand it a bit but can't speak it.

That's pretty much it so far, as for speaking English, for some reason I am terrible at speaking English when I meet American or English tourists hahaha.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:

-Double consonants as -pp-, -dd-, -tt-... they don't exist in Spanish so I need to remember the words individually and I keep comiting mistakes, hehe.

Sogun wrote:
comiting

Wink

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah paradox I guess you're from Aruba or something like that,which was a colony of the netherlands,but that's not were I come from. Actually,were I come from we are supposed to know both dutch and french,but mostly,in the north they speak dutch and in the south french. there's even a funny small part in the east were they speak german. Our capital is two languaged too: dutch and french.
Such a small country, yet so difficult systems-yeah,we broke the world record of forming a governement due to this idiot system Very Happy

AverageGamerStoner1
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Being from Canada, I should know English and French..... Sadly I didn't pay much attention in French class, so I virtually know nothing of it. At the time I didn't really care for it, but I do regret not paying more attention. Would be nice to know 2 languages, and would make it easier to learn Spanish, Portuguese and Italian.

I can usually tell if people are speaking Spanish because I worked with some people from Uruguay in construction for 7 years. Can understand a few words but can't spell or carry out a conversation, lol.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: