ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Custom Building Maps Update
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I think I'm going to try DeleD , that doesn't seem that hard Smile
The hardest part seems to import it in GE and get it to work...

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SilverEye wrote:
Well, I think I'm going to try DeleD , that doesn't seem that hard Smile
The hardest part seems to import it in GE and get it to work...

I was playing around DeleD this morning, importing some test maps into PD (having never actually made a map from scratch in DeleD, I wanted to test it out). Mine worked first try, no troubles.

Need help, we're all here.

@SATURN_81 - Blender and an older version of 3DS Max (I think) can Import .VRML and Export .OBJ/.3DS

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 4:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I made a terrible looking test level in Sketchup(never used any such program before). I'm gonna see how I can import it into SM64 and/or GE/PD in the future.
I managed to export it to an obj format using the obj plugin.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I tried DeleD yesterday, importing a level from GE in Deled worked, I just didn't seem to get the whole texture part... I'm going to see today if I can put a new thing in the setup editor, going to read(I thought Sogun's ?) tutorial and see if it works.
EDIT: well, good job Sogun, it's a good tutorial, only one thing I don't understand:
how do you create that "texture TXT file" ?
Thanks!

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

after a while I went back to practice and learn to manage DeLeD, the truth is a bit more confusing in learning Sketchup, especially because there is no tutorial or Spanish forum about this program. anyway I started again with this program that I found a program called "3D-Ripper" in which say you can extract the geometry of a PC game and textures 3DR and OBJ formats. I pull level with this program of Austria "Nightfire" and "Motel-Jefferson" GTA San Andrea's. on the website of "3D-Ripper" says the program does not work with emulators but I think that is quite true that in using it, I could get the textures and the 3DR file, but the file was empty or OBJ weighed 0kb . if anyone else has used this program with emulators, I would like to tell their experience with. certainly think 3DR file can be opened in 3DS-MAX, but me and the demo I had lapsed, they know that another program can open files 3DR?

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, that program wouldn't let me make objects... Though I use a plugin for 1964 that rips N64 game maps. Cool that the program SHOULD work with other games, though.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have the extraction plugins for Project64 Emulator and 1964, but the truth is they do not work with all games, also look for a program as "3D-Ripper" because you can get the OBJ format and I have no programs to VRML files open. OBJ files I got with "3D-Ripper" got open with "DeLeD". I do not understand why this program to use it with a single emulator I extracted the textures and shaders and a file 3DR not know why I extare the OBJ with an emulator, and he said that it is possible for anyone to know that OBJ pulls no reason. anyway this can serve to anyone who is thinking of making a map that you can not get to the levels of a N64 game.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Blender opens '.VRML' files. Open and export -> OBJ or 3DS, whatever oyu prefer.

Yeah, it doesn't work with all games, sadly, but is still neat regardless.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Acceptable67 thanks, I extract the nemu the VRML plugin and then open it with Blender, then I give OBJ export. up there all right, and when I open the obj with DeleD I get only part of geometry with textures, for example sometimes I appear the walls but I get the floor, or for example I get only partial areas on the map . do something more with blender for this not to happen before exporting the OBJ? Next you need to configure the 3D editor where you import this file?

I have no experience with blender, and the programs I have are Blender, DeLeD, Sketchupy a demo of "3ds max 6" I is expired and I can not use it anymore.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ SATURN_81

Your problem with Deled seems to be that some of the tris are flipped. This happens a lot to me when I export something to Deled, but you can fix it manually.
Check my tutorial from minute 10:18
http://youtu.be/EYkUgX_QT_E?t=10m18s

If you can't move with the WASD keys it's because it's set to the arrows by default; I'd have to point that out in the subtitles, hehe.
If your issue it's not flipped tris then I have no clue.

@SilverEye
The textures.TXT is very easy to create. You just need to write the names of the files with the textures (for example: texture1.BMP) in there. Also, be sure that the MTL file uses the same files and all the BMPs, OBJ, MTL and Textures.TXT files are in the same folder.

You can watch it in my tutorial at minute 19:00
http://youtu.be/EYkUgX_QT_E?t=19m

Just two things you must know:
1- In this tutorial I'm using textures that are already in the ROM. If you are using custom textures you don't need to add the second colum with the ID numbers. When converting the OBJ to GE/PD files (as seen in 22:54), do 'Convert OBJ to goldeneye level (and add textures file). Then you'll need to save a new ROM that will have the new textures at the very end, and use that texture as base for your project. Also, you'll have to go to 'Image Tools' and click on "Update Visual Editor textures" before exporting the background (23:05)

2-Or you can add the textures manually to the ROM first and use their IDs in the Textures.TXT file. Then follow the tutorial step by step but do the "Update Visual Editor textures" thing before exporting the background, and use the custom rom as the base rom for that project.

Custom textures is something I want to show in my second tutorial but I don't know when I'll do it. I hope it's soon.

Glad to see there are a lot of people interested in custom background. I'll try to help the best I can. Very Happy

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Saturn - I think Sogun's solution may have answered you, but you are not alone. The plugin used to do the same thing to me (its not that the tris werent flipped, the geometry just never rendered at all upon object export). One day it managed to fix it self some how, I will never know. It seems to be quite bipolar about how it imports the objects. This particularly happens in Zelda/Twine etc. Very high success rate and nearly guaranteed to work with games such as GE and PD though, but no need to use Export VRML for those as we have the setup editor for that.

Apologies if that sounds bundled, I'm writing from my phone.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was still mostly DeLeD commands, such as pressing Alt or Shift or things like that, however I'll have to keep practicing. problems which I happen to speak before a few games, there are times that I appear polygons, soil walls after they are imported, so that the real problem is that I do not see the polygons or missing areas (not still there depsues of importation or are invisible), meaning that you are what you say as untouchables or missing. anyway when I try to extract look in all directions so you do not miss anything. not yet know why with Super Mario 64, the level of the castle moat appeared completely me and it seems everything in place and properly ordenado.el video tutorial you put Sogun is very well, sometimes I have to pause for While noticing every detail. Sogun tell me if you know some Spanish forum DeleD talking about.

Acceptable67 knew already exist in the editor nivles GE and PD, for now I do not seek these levels, and neither would be wrong to change the position of the rooms of these levels to make a new one.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

@ Saturn_81

I don't know about any Spanish Deled forum, and google didn't find anything either.

Perhaps your issue with the missing parts of the background is because the game didn't have all the level loaded. The 1964 plugin rips everything that is loaded ingame, and some games (like GoldenEye and Perfect Dark) don't load all the level at once but little parts of them (the "rooms" I have talked about sometimes). Super Mario 64 seems to load all background at once (but not objects such as trees or enemies).
So for those games where there are missing parts what you have to do is rip one part of the level, save the WRL file with the BMPs somewhere else, walk to the next part of the level, rip again, etc. Then, somehow (I don't really know) merge all WRLs in one file.

If you want to load GE/PD levels on Deled in order to work with them I suggest you use the Editor. Load the desired level and in 'Edit rooms Positions' mode rightclick on the background and look for a feature called "Export full level to OBJ" or something like that. Then import that OBJ to deled.

----------------

Now, I have found a tool I wanted to find a very long time ago. It's a 3D model file converter called MeshLab that let's you import a lot of different 3D file format and export as another format. Even from VRML to OBJ with a perfect outcome. It's free, it's intuitive, it's awesome:

http://meshlab.sourceforge.net/

Until now I imported the VRML files to 3d max so I could convert them to Autocad files in order to split the background in rooms, create the clipping, etc... but the texture references were lost in the process and I had to retexture in Deled which took a lot of time and it wasn't always as good as the original. But now I can keep the textures!

It seems that VRML supports vertex shading which OBj doesn't.
Here is how the VRML file looks in Meshlab
And the same model in deled after converting it to OBJ
Notice that the sky has lost its colors because vertex shading isn't available in OBJ files. I didn't find any texture that could be used for the sky.
The waterfall is a mystery to me. I don't know if the 1964 plugin wasn't able to rip the texture because it has movement or if it uses some trick to make it transparent.

I need to learn more about how to edit thing in Deled so I can use all the tools at full force, hehe. I hope you find it useful too. Wink

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

telling me that using MeshLab, not lost objects such as walls, floors? sounds interesting. There is something that continues to intrigue me Shogun, if you use MeshLab after removing the 1964 level is lost something? or this time are more things? . by the way if you know anything about the settings to use the plug-ing in Projetc64 Nemu, I wonder how.

I will give a try to Meshlaby I'll tell you how it goes. I see you have a lot inmaginacion Shogun, tiny works of art do.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MeshLab just downloaded and have used, the results are much better, although there are still walls and areas that do not show, but I have to say thanks to this program now less walls and areas are no longer invisible. if I were wrong, this time I'm going to stop regarding the extraction with Nemu64 plugin or any other:

First: how long you have to have the option of extraction VRML?

Second: you have to look in every possible direction to capture most of geometry?

Third: in a game like TWINE, it appears that in VRML I only caught the last room where between one last time, singifica that extracting this level must be in areas? or can extarer an entire level at once?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: