ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Project64 2.0 is now available and open source.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:00 am    Post subject: Project64 2.0 is now available and open source. Reply with quote Back to top

It was released yesterday on April's fools, but this is real, hehe.
It seems that some games are behaving worse than in previous Project64 versions. Perhaps it can be fixed changing the settings.

You can download Project64 from:
www.pj64-emu.com

the source can be cloned via git at:
http://www.pj64-emu.com:8090/project64.development

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Do you know what it's based off? I thought Jabo was the keeper of the "real one", and he hasn't open sourced it. So it maybe is based on another fork? Is GE sky working? I don't know for sure, but good to know.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I haven't tried it myself yet because I read some games are working worse than before and I'm ok with my current emulators and plugins.

EDIT:
It gives me an error while installing in this virtual machine. I'll try in the other PC later.
The installer comes with some toolbars crap, so be sure to select the custom install.

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Adware removed as of 2.0.1.4, ignore post.

Last edited by stolen on Fri May 10, 2013 8:15 pm; edited 2 times in total

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's incredible. THANK YE stolen for archiving it.

Why would they bloat their installer..? I rock adblock plus addon, am I still vulnerable to that crap ? lol

Now I wish to trash my old PJ64 thread and give v2 a run with AQZ netplay plugin.. hm.. PM me

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hey guys, check that out!

It's worse. I couldn't stop it from emulating at ~70-80 frames for some odd reason (no, F4 was not on)

I'm content with my Project 64 1.6

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What's up with all the input plugins in the list ? There's only one in the Plugin\Input directory

The default crap is not remembering my controls.. every time I close rom then load again or any other my controls just vanish and I have to load every. single. time.

Just stickin it to N-Rage from Mupen..

EDIT: Even the gfx plugin hardly remembers anything !! Only res. I set Aspect display to Stretch, I check the two texture boxes and those settings vanish every time I load rom

EDIT 2: I think I just figured that out.. every damn rom needs setting

It DOES play GE/PD/GE:X flawlessly. Wonderful framerate.. PM me to test AQZ netplay plugin on it

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The archive has been updated to 2.1.0.1.

Last edited by stolen on Fri May 03, 2013 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What's the benefit of getting that (slightly?) updated RDB..?

I don't think zilmar can keep up with the slew of custom roms we have here/the Vault.. forgive if I'm mistaken

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
What's the benefit of getting that (slightly?) updated RDB..?

The original archive was using a 1.6 RDB, which was causing some speed issues for some games in PJ64 2.0. The newer RDB has fixed that.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

someone PLEASE let me know if the bloody skies and water effects work in frigate I might try this later

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OKAY......I TESTED THIS BABY OUT AND WE HAVE A MAJOR PROBLEM HOUSTON Wink You cannot add new CHEATS which is a MAJOR no-sell to me. Sad What is this version suppose to improve if you don't mind me asking?

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hm.. what's up with the new v2.1.0.1 ? Seems like there is a dumbed down 3D8 and "PJ64 'Glide'" plugin ? I can't get them to do anything

I did hold onto the last archive for good measure

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The PJ64 team have decided to fork glide and develop their own version, no idea why.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glide is no longer under development. Or to be more accurate, the original Glide team is no longer developing it.

You can add cheats. Open the cheat window (you might have to activate advanced options in the config menu), then press the huge bar with the arrow on the right. Type in the cheat, press 'add cheat'. There you go.
When all else fails, read the instructions.

Skies and water work fine with any plugin that renders the low level tri commands, regardless of emulator. The problem with your hack was you exceeded allocated memory, and the hack acts the same way on console when it doesn't hang the RCP outright.

The updated RDB lists all the newly dumped games, including different versions of retail games that hadn't been dumped yet and prototypes that have surfaced.

Some of the debug features don't work though. Would have been nice to have a memory editor and breakpoints.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: