ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

question again: how long is this forums active?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yologuy778
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: question again: how long is this forums active? Reply with quote Back to top

Wow its has been a while since I checked up this forums, and so many posts made!
i should visite the forums more i think, if i read so the posts i see many spectacular things happen.
anyway congratulations on this keeping this forum and the site goldeneyevault so long actively to keep the goldeneye activity too. its a great game and i think im going to try a new level or some from that previous named site, goldeneyevault.
What i think i want to ask now, how long has this great forum be active? it seem some user are active since 2006 or so, so is that maybe for example the beginning date? and, will this forum be active for how long still? wont the controllers get something else to do i think?
ah and sorry for the bad english..

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

From what I've gathered, it started late 2005.

Some are able to balance out their time to come on here and have a little fun with PD/GE hacking, but many others time is restricted. I think as long as we have people who are interested in this type of stuff, that the forum will prosper for much, much longer.

A notable example is 'SubDrag', who started the RareWitchProject, which (used to) focus on ROM Hacking, with a friend in 1999 (at least that is his sign-up date) and he's still around every single day.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you go to the Memberlist you'll see that the first user was created on November 23th, 2005.

Interesting to see that from the famous trio only Zoinkity was here from day one. You would think they inaugurated this place!

Heh, I'm user number 498, almost round number.

HackBond

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

341, I would prefer 343 since it's 7^3.

But yeah, late 2005.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I must admit, I didn't know about this place for a couple years, I'm sorry to say. I think I developed a year or two of the editor before realizing it Surprised

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yup,this site has the potential of living for a great long time.
At the rate we are getting people joining and the people taking the time to release new things. I remember when I joined number 605, I saw the user numbers increase greatly.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Indeed Rey, short after you I joined too,me being nÂș 651. I was already active with the setup editor quite a long time before I really started to check this forum on almost daily basis. It's probably one of the nicest forums you'll ever find. Everyone is helpful and knows eachother. (I thought only once there were some problems with banned users,but that's loooong time ago,before I was here..)
and indeed,as long as there are people willing to keep GE alive, this site will be too Smile
By the way,
----
bonjour de nouveau, Yologuy. Very Happy
C'est, comme tu dis, mieux de controler le forum fréquemment, parce que presque tous les jours, il y a des messages nouvelles.
----
You were french, right? sorry if I made mistakes..but yeah, I reccommend trying to visit more often. It's well worth your time Wink

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been around here for 3 years. And still posting once in a while. I used to make tons of levels for this game over the years. But over time my time has shorten. I been doing so much lately that even at times I forget to check this site. But at least it always pops up into my head every week or so or sooner. I used to be a very active user on the forums back in 2009. But at least I still have plans for this game. To continue my creativity for it. Problem is... That I gotta find time to do such a thing. But anyway yeah these forums been active ever since 2005. I've been around here since then as well. Just did not create an account till 2009 that is. Its been growing slowly over the years though. And it seems 2013 is its biggest growth spurt in a long time. And plus so much new levels out lately. Its really becoming a popular title to hack and create your own levels now. So in my honest opinion if the community stays like how it is right now. This site will never die.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This forum replaced an older one that was, to say the least, really difficult to use. It was a bit akin to how the Vault comment system works.

It came at the perfect time though. gscentral.com was having serious trouble, and that was the backbone of all GE/PD hacking. GE Master was on both boards, so when he updated the forum script to what you see now everything shifted over rather quickly.

In a couple months gscentral.com went inactive, then there were the forum wars and schism leading to gscentral.org and kodewerx.org.

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This forum will die when people forget GE and PD I guess.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"When" ? lol

Games are eternally good. Never dusty nor the console they're for

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:

Even if its forgotten Fantsu, does not mean it won't be brought up by other people. The game is old and legendary due to how it was one of the first shooters ever made. Plus it had muitiplayer, if I was not mistaken this was the first game to ever even have splitscreen shoot outs.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

fantsu wrote:

I've already had to deal with the practical death of another forum of a game that I loved to play, I won't deal with another one going down.
(Other one is still active, but the community is pretty much dead)

AverageGamerStoner1
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PaRaDoX wrote:
fantsu wrote:

I've already had to deal with the practical death of another forum of a game that I loved to play, I won't deal with another one going down.
(Other one is still active, but the community is pretty much dead)

I don't think you have to worry about that with this forum, it seems to have a lot of people that are loyal to these great classics, with new members joining constantly too. GE and PD will live on forever Very Happy

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I'm honestly happy that this site is still active.
Although I wish some mapmakers would come back, such as TimEh who simply vanished :/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: