ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Importing New Objects into Perfect Dark Via Deled

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:01 pm    Post subject: Importing New Objects into Perfect Dark Via Deled Reply with quote Back to top

Okay I'm sure there's a topic somewhere that properly explains this but I've been hunting around and I couldn't find one that wasn't stage specific.

I want to make some more secret doors for Perfect Dark, as well as add some tree, and lamp post objects that'll give the game some more atmosphere, but I'm a complete newbie, I'm vaguely familiar with the editor but it's a massively powerful tool, and there are a lot of things I don't understand.

Lets say I have a Model sculpted but textureless, and I want it to use PD's built in textures. How would I get the textures on the object and then import it into PD so It can show up as a door or standard object?

(I apologize if there's a forum that thoroghly covers this already)

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The general gist, is that you make the model, and use the original perfect dark texture names (in pdromimagesfull). Then you would try and use the PD Edit Model tool, and replace a door's displaylist 18 for a model, using convert obj if already added textures (and hit escape when asks about textures.txt file), then you pick your obj file. Then inject.

acceptable67

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you can not seem to get it working by then, please drop by in the chat room, I'd be more than happy to help you there.

Winter's Assassin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Dang Shocked the model editor has so many options, and I understand very little of em... I wish there was a rundown video on what all the different options do...

I'll meet up with acceptable in the chats to see if I can get this all figured out. Thanks for the pointers Subdrag but after the PD Edit Model tool I still get lost. Sorry I'm such a newb but you gotta start somewhere Smile

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been meaning to do a tutorial for a long time for editing models, but I am hoping to simplify the interface a little before doing so.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: