ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Maps we'd like to see in Goldeneye X
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As for question 1, it's wordplay.

As for question 2, I was in a hurry, the files were already zipped, but because programs were detected within the zip file I quickly compressed it and uploaded it that way. Didn't have the room at the time to decompress and recompress everything. There is a limit on the number of addressable folders on a FAT filesystem.

That thing extracts levels and objects. There really isn't much of a difference between the two to be honest. Inhibiting the batch files from auto-executing can be helpful too. Then you can control the options sent to each command line. At the least, you should be able to dump the majority of the object-ish-table into some visual format.

AverageGamerStoner1
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I would have always liked to see a couple stages from Mission Impossible in GE. More so The Embassy Function Smile that has always been one of my favorite missions in that game.

Also there are a couple parts from Metal Gear Solid that could be interesting, if someone made it for GE. The heliport, tank hangar, nuclear storage building and the cold room with all the crates, where you fight Vulcan Raven for the 2nd time.

I don't know if it possible to create those for GE or GE x , sadly I know little about where to even get started. I have a lot of ideas, but not the means to implement them, lol.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MI really was a hit-and-miss title. The good stages were phenomenal, but the rest was horrifyingly bad. For anyone who hasn't played it, it's like night-and-day. It's almost like two companies made two different games and meshed them together.

As an example, one thing they did before anyone started doing it was music transitions. In the embassy there's a catchy little tune they play. It grows louder the closer to the piano you come. You socialize and sneak equipment. Sneaky bit. There's also a combat bit, where you lure and knock out a guy in the bathroom and avoid an attempt on your life. As you grow closer to the bathroom, the piano music diminishes and the action music grows louder.
The next stage is a troll though. It's a semi-platformer in tight spaces where everything is radioactive. No offense to Q-bert, but why the #$%&! would somebody dump thousands of tons of leaking nuclear waste in their embassy's basement?
That's what I mean. Night-and-day.

Yeah, I've always felt the same about the embassy. Combining the first and second to last sections (they sort of lead into each other) would work rather well. The in-between was aegh, but the stealth segments were rather good. With small amounts of editing some of the rooftops and Russian stages could be fun in PD's engine. Models are easily portable, with little necessary conversion.

The only problem with Metal Gear Solid as a game was the questionable control scheme. It was never very intuitive. Dropping it into anything else would be wonderful.
Assuming it uses polygons yeah, it could totally be dumped and ported to other things. It's surprising nobody has yet.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I tried to rip Metal Gear Solid some time ago from the PSX version, but all I got was a plain mess of polygons (I think it was because of the lack of Z-buffer). So my only hope is the PC version.

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
I tried to rip Metal Gear Solid some time ago from the PSX version, but all I got was a plain mess of polygons (I think it was because of the lack of Z-buffer). So my only hope is the PC version.

I have the PC version, but I'm not sure how to extract levels from it.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

stolen
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you tried 3D ripper? It apparently works for MGS2.

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

stolen wrote:
Have you tried 3D ripper? It apparently works for MGS2.

Won't inject it into MGS1, might be cause I need to run MGS1 in Windows 2000 compatibility mode.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rippers tend to extract models that are squished in whatever direction you are facing. Chances are the PC version has directX or openGL display lists, or objects containing them, in files alongside the executable. A direct extract and image dump would be less time consuming and tedious in the long run.

What files are provided with the game? If it's something simple I could repurpose the Warhammer extractor for it.

HackBond

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
Rippers tend to extract models that are squished in whatever direction you are facing. Chances are the PC version has directX or openGL display lists, or objects containing them, in files alongside the executable. A direct extract and image dump would be less time consuming and tedious in the long run.

What files are provided with the game? If it's something simple I could repurpose the Warhammer extractor for it.

Plenty, the only folder I'm not aware of it's function is the demo folder. It contains alot of files with the extension .dmo, I think it's the levels of the game.

Oh and there are two files called stage.mgz and stagevr.mgz (for MGS and VR missions) that might be useful too. I could just screenshot my directory.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: