ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What's in a name?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: What's in a name? Reply with quote Back to top

Stupid topic about real and internet names-I'm just bored and I know sort of these things have been asked before but I'll just hit it:
-How did you choose your member name here?

Me? Well it's a combination between the most fascinating weapon and my all-time favourite game. Also, I have something with the color silver,... I just like it's shine more Laughing
----
AND,
what's your real first name and what does it mean? you can skip this if you want cause I know some might want to keep such things private...
Me? I'm such a person who wants to keep things private-maybe later but I'm not sure...
Thanks for reading and a nice day Smile

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This was a name that has not been chosen specifically for this site, but in which I use on the majority of other sites I join/sign up for, too. As for it's originality, I used to use 'Unacceptable67'.

Back when I was first signing up for sites, I was choosing usernames that were either too short, or didn't contain a number, so if I recall I got fed up and wrote 'Unacceptable' (the message that the site kept telling me 'This username is not acceptable/unacceptable') and slammed two numbers down, and that's the originality of my internet handle.

Most if not all of the regulars at the IRC know my real name, because I believe after a certain period of time, it is ok to become more personal with the people you speak with (almost) daily, but I won't share that here on the forum for the sake that this is a bit more of a public place than the chat room.

HackBond

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've cycled through many
SenselessJacko - Microsoft's Gamertag Generator
HackBond - self explanitory
Spyster - I like TF2's Spy, so Spyster sounded nice
Nyxem the Spy - Taken from a Virus, kept the Spy part from Spyster.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've had a bunch of aliases too..

I used to game as GEN.NONSENSEI slightly referrenced by Squidward's "General Nonsense" joke lol

Now I'm just mistamontiel because.. Mr. Montiel = my last name

Rey

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well the name here I use is just my name in short. I find no purpose in using a strange code name for my self. I see it as a weird way to hide your identity,but I was DarkRey before.....Cause of Perfect Dark.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The very first username I ever came up with was "Wreck7", when using a chat client on my cousin's computer way before I ever had Internet at home. The name stuck with me, and eventually I dropped the seven. I've not thought about changing my handle, since that just starts to confuse people. Some change their names far too often. Pick something you like when you start out, and you won't worry about switching it down the road.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I chose Paradox because I got obsessed with the possibilities with time travel a few years back.

On youtube and Nintento Network I go by CrazyMetroid because I'm crazy about the Metroid Prime series.

I used to go by BGS, that is my initials.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Acceptable...that's awesome how you came up with your name dewd Very Happy I came up with mine one day while I was thinking about my love for MULTIPLAYER conversions. SPECIFICALLY GoldenEye. I developed an obsession following gameshark hacking keeping up with Wreck and Subdrag and several other guys. Ice Mario, etc. We have come a LONG way from the start of all of this and MultiplayerX evolved from my love for Solo to multiplayer conversions and X I guess could mean "X marks the spot"....Wink So if you think of it in terms of a gameshark's memory, you have to find the EXACT spot (X) where an address is to modify what GoldenEye loads. Wink Plus X has always been a symbol of MYSTERY and I thought it just sounded cool. Lol

BTW SUB how did you come up with the name SUBDRAG? That and Wreck I think are the coolest of many names and I'm curious. You were eating at Subway and don't like it and someone DRAGGED you there? Wink Lol

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My name was way before this site was ever thought of. I started being online around 2001. My original name was Sammy. I don't know why but that name just seem like it was best at the time. Around 2004 I restarted my internet name and made the new name called EternallyAries. And that how I got EternallyAries. Not much of a story there though. Razz

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 5:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag explained once at RWP that it's just two little semi-words stuck together and doesn't have any real meaning.

Zoinkity is an adjective forced dwarf-style into a proper noun. It has nothing to do with cats and very little to do with zoos. It also has nothing to do with Pac Man. I'm fond of Inky as a character but feel I could never live up to his legend.
Spoondiddly is a somewhat sillier one I'll use if I'm only being an end-user.

I've made up a fair number of words for strange purposes over time, such as "aegh!" for mind-numbing panic and "lunicidal" for the very particular insane drive to destroy the moon that differentiates those individuals from ordinary mua-ha-ha evil.

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 31, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

i like mad max the movie........ lol and my first cell phone was a nokia 3586 but when i was making my user name my keyboard was a bit broken and the 5 didnt work sometimes so my user nam ended up beeing madmax386

i still to this date try and login with madmax3586 but then remember when it fails to log that there i sno "5"

sorry for the miss spelling i have had a few beers

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kholdfuzion
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was playing LttP and fighting Kholdstare and one of my nicknames IRL was fuzion. I like how khold was spelled so I just combined the 2.
I now also have variants such as hawtfuzion (mainly just on steam).

Ositsho
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My name comes from a 90s DOS flying-shooter called Terminal Velocity. Ositsho is the name of a magma-laden volcanic world with a sky of black smoke. The boss of that planet is the "Magma Dragon".

I wonder if anyone here has heard of Terminal Velocity. Not many people have heard of it from around where I am.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man, that game looks great. Not short on detail nor sounds

AverageGamerStoner1
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Name pretty much speaks for itself, I'm just your average gamer and like to partake in a bad habit I picked up in high school.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: