ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

**Official Release** PDE Part 2 : Landing Zone Trilogy
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: **Official Release** PDE Part 2 : Landing Zone Trilogy Reply with quote Back to top

I'm going to slowly get back into finishing DatadyneX as promised. GoldenEye Legend is almost finished and my attention will be focused on getting this out next.....Multi

BETA RELEASE (Just needs warp blocks finished) :

Last edited by MultiplayerX on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:16 pm; edited 4 times in total

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Re: MultiplayerX's: Perfect Dark LAB Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX wrote:
I'm going to slowly get back into finishing DatadyneX as promised. GoldenEye Legend is almost finished and my attention will be focused on getting this out next.....Multi

BETA RELEASE (Just needs warp blocks finished) :

Will this work with the sims? I can't play any Goldeneye multiplayer mods as I almost never convince my mates to play on GE (or anything older than this generation) so I'm limited to playing multiplayer against the sims

What I'd love to see in Perfect Dark is each of the single player levels brought into multiplayer (as exists already, in your patch, except for a couple of levels which crash on a real N64), but with each level modified to make it more suitable to deathmatch.

For example, the first single player level, dataDyne: Defection, would be great if it's rooftop area was made into a multiplayer map. It would have to be altered a little, as it's very linear (as it is, there's only one walkway from the top level (the helicopter platform) to the roof, and only one door from the roof into the top room of the skyscraper, and so there would have to be a couple more passages added (at least one more walkway to the helicopter pad from the roof, and one more doorway from the top room out onto the roof) so that every area has at least two ways out. The door leading to the stairway from the top room should be locked, as that isn't part of the level I'm envisaging, the multiplayer level is only the helicopter platform, the roof, and the room below the roof. This would be a very small level, but would be good for two players, as long as the weapons and ammo pickups (and spawn points, etc) were well placed.

Chicago Stealth is the level that would need the least amount of change. The storm drain area would need to be modifed, so that the players can run though it without having to duck, and maybe a few extra passages could be added to join some of the dead ends, and it would be a good idea to put a good weapon slot (say number six) at the top of the fire escape ladders, to give players a reason to go up the ladders.

If you, or anyone else, does decide to modify the single player levels for multiplayer, then it would provoke some interesting discussions amongst us fans as to how we'd like to see each level modified. If someone were to start with just the first level (is there anyone who would NOT like to see the dataDyne tower's rooftop made into a small multiplayer map?) then they could work on it and we could comment on it and make suggestions after every preview release.

If not, then fair enough, but I think it would be great to see all of the single player levels properly modified to suit PD's multiplayer modes.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 9:37 pm    Post subject: Re: MultiplayerX's: Perfect Dark LAB Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
I can't play any Goldeneye multiplayer mods as I almost never convince my mates to play on GE (or anything older than this generation)

Doesn't that just infuriate ye..? Bunch of silly squares who only want "reality gaming" not GAMING

Likewise.. been in the saaaame solo rut as well

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yea Perfect Dark has ALWAYS had issues on N64 with crashing via gameshark, etc. Everdrive really needs to maximize their hardware and stop trying to EXACT emulate sh*t. I mean this is the point right? We are trying to per say JAIL BREAK N64 and you want an EXACT coded emulation? Shocked Think people think. Wink Pj64 can run this stuff because it BREAKS rules Wink. That's what HACKING is...BREAKING into things so why in the hell would Everdrive not uuuummmm CONSIDER this? Wink They would sell a MILLION units more if they would listen to enough people. Cool

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:28 am    Post subject: Re: MultiplayerX's: Perfect Dark LAB Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
Kerr Avon wrote:
I can't play any Goldeneye multiplayer mods as I almost never convince my mates to play on GE (or anything older than this generation)

Doesn't that just infuriate ye..? Bunch of silly squares who only want "reality gaming" not GAMING

yup me too, i try and convince alll my mates to play mulitplayer GE i ask them.... do you remember GE and they are like YUP it was an awsome game probly my favoirte, then im like.... do you want to play it.... n there like NAh im ok.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I FORCE my buds to sit down to look at the difference in graphics. 9 times out of 10 I get dropped jaws and DROOL Cool Most gamers that have never seen PD or GE on pc are ignorant and have no idea where we've come from back then dewd. I bought 4 controllers from ROSS that are made for PS3 but work PERFECT on PC. Smile You have to hand them a controller and start the f*cking game. Give it 5 minutes and they'll be HOOKED. Wink

BottomLine: Playing is believing. Most people I show these games on PC are ASTONISHED how good they look. Perfect Dark is probably the biggest crowd pleaser because I can't think of ANY games that have more multi-solo levels with elevators and platforms you can use to travel up and down to different levels. DATADYNE CENTRAL is an incredible map to play on in just 2player. Throwing sentry guns in the elevator shaft can be pretty entertaining. DEEPSEA is a true original with teleports and ATTACK SHIPS layout has one of the best I've seen in a sci fi setting. Graphics are one thing but DESIGN is something completely different.
It's interesting to me that with all of the emulation websites and people choosing it over console you think it would be a DUH "lightbulb" to game companies that they could make a bloody FORTUNE if they would research the gaming community. You can have graphics AND superior design and gameplay so I don't understand what the big deal is with programmers and designers today. MONEY just seems to hold them in a SAFE zone I suppose. I think they would be amazed if they tried gambling more.

EXAMPLE: Every record label rejected Katy Perry except Capitol Records when she first started. I would WIN a million dollar bet that all of those labels kicked their own asses for not signing her back then. Political IDIOTS. Wink

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Started the SECOND edition of PD weather mods and I have to say CRASH SITE looks spectacular Very Happy and the framerate is GORGEOUS. Probably one of the smoothest running levels so far with snow SOOOOOOO I'm going to go back and test Airbase with Crash sites sky values and see if it clears up all the bloody lag. See Crash Site's nifty snow FLOW below Wink :

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 5:55 pm    Post subject: **UPDATE** Air Force One Outside Rain Effect Reply with quote Back to top

I was pleased to find a room that writes RAIN so it appears completely outside Air Force One Wink This should add a neat new feel to the level
Cool

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rain outside the airplane? That's pretty neat. Can you hear the sound of thunder, or no? Air Force One - Turbulent Skies.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep It's the only level however that you can't see the lightning flash
Sad Guess the windows are too tinted or something IDK

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quick thought here...
Did you make the Air Force One sky have clouds, by any chance? You can see white flashes on the clouds in Chicago, so I would have to imagine the same thing would occur on any raining map that contains them. Unless the clouds are higher up in the sky than those little portholes will allow you to see.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 4:53 am    Post subject: Re: MultiplayerX's: Perfect Dark LAB Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
Kerr Avon wrote:

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Quick thought here...
Did you make the Air Force One sky have clouds, by any chance? You can see white flashes on the clouds in Chicago, so I would have to imagine the same thing would occur on any raining map that contains them. Unless the clouds are higher up in the sky than those little portholes will allow you to see.

I'm pretty sure I had to leave the clouds alone for it to work right BUT I better double check Laughing

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:38 pm    Post subject: Announcement** Reply with quote Back to top

I will be going back to Perfect Dark in the next week to start a new concept mod. As many of you requested being anxious from excessive GE hacks I've decided to go back Wink. NOW would be the time to post requests for multiplayer levels you'd like to see. Please reply to this thread and give details on your ideas. I do not hack MISSIONS only multiplayer levels. Hope to hear from you! MultiplayerX

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:45 am    Post subject: Re: Announcement** Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX wrote:
I will be going back to Perfect Dark in the next week to start a new concept mod. As many of you requested being anxious from excessive GE hacks I've decided to go back Wink. NOW would be the time to post requests for multiplayer levels you'd like to see. Please reply to this thread and give details on your ideas. I do not hack MISSIONS only multiplayer levels. Hope to hear from you! MultiplayerX

What would be brilliant would be if you could mirror every multiplayer map, like Wreck did for Goldeneye (http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=284), so that Skedar, for example, which is like this normally;

when mirrored, looks like this;

Exactly the same, only the mirror image of the normal map. This way it feels (sort of) like a different map, and would be brilliant for PD. It might be a lot of work (I don't know), but when it's finished it would really add a lot to PD, as playing every map mirrored would be sort of like encountering the maps afresh! And since it's PD not Goldeneye, then we can play against bots in the levels Very Happy

Please consider making this mod.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: