ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Best of the Best

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:00 am    Post subject: Best of the Best Reply with quote Back to top

So i have been trying out some different emulators to play GE recently ( stepping away from the usal p641.6 & jabo plugin) i have tested out 1964 mupen pj64 1.7,2.0,2.1 with the glide plugin 2012 release, as much as in love the glide plugin it just does not run smooth enough for me.

i want to do some GE recording and i want nice smooth game play with little to no slowdowns, i want to use glide64 so i can run the 'HD" font texture and HD HUD texture to give the game a nice sharp look.

so what is the best of the best setup to run GE, i have read many of threads and can not work out what is the best for GE.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HackBond

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All depends on your computer.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 7:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Spyster wrote:
All depends on your computer.

Spysters right Mist. Try out MY download in my signature. I run a duo core and mine is PJ64 1.6 with Glide anniversary FINAL. Video card is EVERYTHING too Wink Mine needs a SERIOUS upgrade as well. Windows XP is also falling behind in driver ability Sad It's a Microsoft conspiracy...REALLY. These greedy F*CKERS want to DRAIN the money out of America KNOWING that most of US are too DUMB to try out LINUX or maximize our own OS MANUALLY. I've had to learn tricks to tweaking Windows 7 to even run OLDER games. The main issue is gamemakers take shortcuts instead of integrating a complete INDEPENDENT code and driver layout. If you plan on making a game you need to focus on it's INDEPENDENCY as much as possible. This increases it's compatibility with virtually any OS. Wink

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

my specs are

Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series 2gb Gddr5
AMD FX 8150 3.60 GHz
RAM 8GB
64BIT wINDOWS 7
500GB Hdd

Uploading a quick play thru with glide64 and pj64 2.1, with some textures can i get this running much smoother??

http://youtu.be/B6x_hqsKkyg

upload will be done shortly, but anywho im off to bed.

ild like to try and make a few texture for GE, how complicated is it?

edit: yea i think i have download your set up multiplayerX but have yet to give it a run thru, maybe i will too after work.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

madmax386 wrote:
my specs are

Graphics Chipset AMD Radeon HD 7800 Series 2gb Gddr5
AMD FX 8150 3.60 GHz
RAM 8GB
64BIT wINDOWS 7
500GB Hdd

Uploading a quick play thru with glide64 and pj64 2.1, with some textures can i get this running much smoother??

http://youtu.be/B6x_hqsKkyg

upload will be done shortly, but anywho im off to bed.

ild like to try and make a few texture for GE, how complicated is it?

edit: yea i think i have download your set up multiplayerX but have yet to give it a run thru, maybe i will too after work.

My PC is very close to yours. I also run 64 bit. Try mine out bro. You might be surprised. Wink Don't change ANYTHING unless it asks to switch to your video card, because my setup is already configured.

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ok cool thanx, will try it now b4 bed lol

upload failed grrr. heres the new upload link will be finished in 30min ish http://youtu.be/tCS_LqfIc90

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Btw MAD. No offense to Stolen's links to PJ64 2.1 whatever the hell it is but listen. We've been playing these emu's for a LONG time. I have personally tried hacked versions etc etc. Many of these release are either one or two things:

#1 Spam to lure you away from this site for whatever God forsaken reason to promote a website that no one knows about or really cares. OR

#2 Corrupted creations from people that need attention OR just don't truly know what the hell they are doing and they release something that works on SPECIFIC OS configurations that are not UNIVERSALLY compatible.

I'm not trying to come off as a D*CK, but Stolen and several users don't visit here much and have their own websites and in my OPINION their own agenda of what is the quote "BEST" thing to use.
Obviously if what they were saying was TRUE then more people would be promoting them in here and verifying that we should switch.
I've known Wreck and Zoinkity for YEARS and unless they put their label on something I have DOUBTS. Subdrag ESPECIALLY.... He's a programmer and created the level editor so I would PM him first before assuming anything to prevent some fancy named user in here to lead you astray. We have had MAJOR issues in here with BOTS, etc. Identity theft is also a very serious GROWING threat so you just never know if some of these cats are spying out your personal information bro. Wink Cool

Just trying to watch out for my own. Wink MultiplayerX

Here are other users I KNOW PERSONALLY that you can trust:

BMW: He's been around for over 10 years

00DARK: Personal friend of mine, good hearted dewd with an intense love for Perfect Dark

Ice Mario or Ice Luigi: Old hacking legends that I believe helped Subdrag when all we had were GS codes. These guys have been around for over 15 years.

Subdrag: Obviously a TRUST and is a very well respected hacker and underground game developer.

Wreck: Ridiculous to even question a friendship with this guy. I've known Wreck for over 15 years ONLINE. He definitely earned his place as an ADMIN on here and I would depend on him to always be fair and honest in any situation

Zoinkity: When he still had a phone lol I used to talk DAILY with him. I owe most of my gs hacking to his helping me. Jungle first had objects with His and Wreck's superiors knowledge of GE's memory addresses,etc.

GE Master: Graham is a solid dewd. Used to talk to him when I was married to my first wife back when I first found all of this stuff. GS codes to run multi levels was AMAZING back then lol. Now we can do anything with these games. Graham kind of started this entire obsession and helped everyone find eachother. Miss this old cat but he has I think 2 little girls now so it keeps him away from being a geek as much Smile

Just trying to protect my crew!!! Wink You have to earn my trust and stick around for a while and you've made a friend forever!

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 30, 2013 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cheers MultiplayerX for the tips. I my self have been lurking these forums for many years, I think it started back in high school maybe about 7-8years ago, just never signed up for awhile lol. Wish I had the knowledge of the guys you mentioned when it comes to modding/hacking but I guess I just haven't had the time I have wanted to sit down n work on it as much as ild like.

Anywho. I'm trying to get into some video editing so want to record some GE/GE:X so that's why I'm trying to find an optimal setting for my computer so when my fellow clan members watch my vids they may be interested in playing it. I think the settings I'm using now are the best I have had with glide64 and pj64 so I may stick with that for now.

Edit: I can not believe after all these years and moving country's I have yet been able to find any one "local" to play GE with

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: