ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Importing New Weapons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShiftClick
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:35 am    Post subject: Importing New Weapons Reply with quote Back to top

How do you import new weapon models into the editor and add them into the game as an equip-able weapon?

---
Completed Levels: Missile Facility, Research Complex, Prison, Infiltration

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

In edit model, what I do is null out the displaylists except hands and gunfire flashes. Then import model into what seemed like best part. Note guns are tricky because draw order matters and it has to be ordered inside out or triangles render wrong order. Some guns require to be split into multiple parts to be ordered right with hands. Moving cylinders and things are tricky and need to be right gun archetype and that part right matrix command and centered around zero, but try simple first.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag you referring to the way how you should model or change the look of the weapon in first person?. have ever tried to discover the way to do this in the editor. what mechanisms and moving parts is something that intrigues me, for instance if we think of moving mechanism Reaper weapon we can see that is rotatable, which is not whether you can model the rotating mechanism on a 3D modeler to look this builds a minigun or MachineGun like Turok.

I remember two years will do and as goldeneyevault.com withdrew from weapons files and models that were being used in GoldFinger, I even photos of demonstration, which makes me think that those files were as a template for other users to practice with them.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I guess you could perhaps use the rotating cylinder from the magnum or grenade launcher to make some crazy reaping weapon in GE. It's worth attempting if you're interested.

I've meant to make tutorials but the gun importing is very challenging.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I thought good rather to replace Reaper in PD as PD weapons have more animations and features, including dual function of each weapon, reaper in particular has a great swivel for a minigun like Turok. In any case I think GE should still be harder to get a gun like Turok minigun, even weapons like the Magnum and Grenade Launcher are rotating animations.

anyway my main interest is to know how to model a gun you already have on hand, equipped or in person.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag good, I guess you will be working in Goldfinger64, I think brogues various aspects at work, not if they'll be working on new weapons for GF64 model. maybe you have some weapon model and modeling and completed by you SubDrag for GF64, I encourage you to do a tutorial on the simplest model or as easy to start modeling a weapon, especially in the first person, I say this because files you may have for a beginner GF64 that can be used as a template to start at the same time easier to explain to you.

by the way I think you're the project manager GF64, this question is perhaps secret for the project, but I wanted to ask because for goldeneyevault time can not access the weapon models and other objects of GF64

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: