ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Today, for the first time ever...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Extremist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 11:20 pm    Post subject: Today, for the first time ever... Reply with quote Back to top

I beat Challenge 30!!! Very Happy

(And on my N64 too! Smile )

It took me at least 200 tries. Situation was, I was up 9 to 8, but the Darksims were about to get the last two points. Luckily, one of them broke off from the hill to kill me, and they only scored a single point.

One minute left. One of them went to the next hill right away, and on my way there the other one killed me. They often score during death animations (you only need 20 seconds on the hill to score) so it seemed like that was it.

But in another lucky break, I spawned right next to the hill! However, there was no time to run for a weapon, so I had to storm the hill and disarm the Darksim. I managed to do it, but lost half my health in the process. I then proceeded to camp for the 20 seconds. During that time, one of the Darksims came to the hill, but I only had a Magsec (best weapon in the challenge is the Mauler), and it got enough hits in before I killed it to send my health into the red.

I saw on the radar that the other Darksim was coming, and would get to the hill before the 20 seconds were up. Given my health and weapon status, I thought it HAD to be over now. Even if I could regain the hill after getting killed, there wasn't enough time left in the round to get the final point (you can win with a tie, but I wouldn't have been satisfied with that). The Darksim entered the hill. I killed it flawlessly. Siren's blaring. Final seconds tick off the hill timer.

"Challenge Completed!" 10-9. Shocked

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Congratulations!

I still have 4 challenges to beat (I think that's the most you can unlock) but they were too hard for me.
The last challeged I succeded was #27, I think. One that is played in the Sewers and you have to protect a weak sim. I was very lucky because for some reason the enemie sim (I think it was only against one) stopped moving when I was ahead in points, so I just let the time to run out. Laughing

I think challenges 26, 28, 29 and 30 are still left; but my skills have decreased a lot all these years, hehe.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great job! Those later challenges with CheatSims are brutal.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good going! I played these through with my brother years ago (we make a pretty vicious team...don't even have to talk to each other and we're murder on the paintball field also) I did try playing them again solo and got hammered! Good job! I think it's doubly hard when you're playing solo as with a partner it's 2:3 instead of 1:2!

Maxout

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, I beat all the challenges up to 30 long ago. There's one in my mind that's harder for me.

On challenge 30 I'm pretty sure we know you crouch with double mauler in the same place. You win simply by having more points. Though I've beat Challenge 30 more than once with more points or the max.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: