ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What is the best comic book reader for Android?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: What is the best comic book reader for Android? Reply with quote Back to top

A couple of weeks back I lost my Kindle (or it was nicked, but I think I left it on the train) so I bought a tablet (Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7") to use as an e-reader, and it's great but I'm not too keen on the comic book readers I've tried so far, as they all suffer from one flaw or another. What I want in an ebook reader is

- files sorted by folder, or rather not sorted at all, you just browse to the folder you want, and open a file, like in PC programs. Some of the readers I've tried on the tablet scan the entire memory card and present you with the hundred of comics all in one menu, which I don't want, but for some programs this is the only way they work.

- the ability to bookmark every comic you open, preferably automatically (so that when you exit a comic or the comic book reader itself then the last page viewed is stored as a bookmark).

- the ability to view the comics in landscape viewing mode, and also zoom in if necessary (my eyesight isn't great, and some of the older scans are fairly low quality, especially early Spiderman)

The ability to read all formats (.cbr/.cbz/.pdf/.jpg/.jpeg/whatever) would be great too, but I suppose I could batch convert the files if I had to (.cbr and .cbz files are actually just .rar and .zip files respectively, with their extensions changed).

Thanks for any suggestions and advice. And if any Android specific knowledge is required then please assume I know nothing (as those who know me will testify!), and I take it any readers anyone suggests can be downloaded from the Play store?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've gone with Perfect Viewer, which is fantastic.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.rookiestudio.perfectviewer&feature=related_apps

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: