ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

SIGNATURE COMPLAINTS****
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:33 am    Post subject: SIGNATURE COMPLAINTS**** Reply with quote Back to top

I posted this here because I figured it's where everyone comes to visit and I have something to say.

I have been a member of this forum and hacking for over 10 years now and it's my opinion that the integrity of this place is slowly beginning to turn into an old gscentral. Back in those days some people became moderators that had serious POWER issues and it seems like that may be the case in here now. I'm not questioning anyone's rights or AUTHORITY here I'm simply stating my feelings because I feel that it's unfair that some of you have complained to moderators about the size of my SIGNATURES. This will be the LAST time I resize them since this makes the FOURTH time I've tried to make them smaller BUT STILL READABLE. It just seems to me that a true SPAMMER is one that complains about everything INFANTISMAL to become more well known or post things JUST TO POST THEM and earn a status. This is not directly meant for any ONE person so don't take this post personally. Just know that I'm getting really tired of people complaining about stuff that they don't like that I take PRECIOUS time to make and then b*tch about it's size because you have to look at it or whatever your problem is.

Closing: I am seriously considering leaving shooters FOREVER because I feel that it's UNFAIR and DUMB that I even have to answer to new people that have earned moderator status and I've been around A LOT longer than you. I came back into the scene to hack things that no one else has the determination to do or learn the editor and I have to deal with this B.S.

Anyway I've said my peace and I hope it doesn't come to me leaving but honestly IT HURTS MY FEELINGS when a friend like Wreck that I've been buds with for a long time CONTACTS ME has to change my sigs into word links because people have their own agenda that they have to cyberbully onto other people.

Thank you for your understanding and if this gets me banned I can email Subdrag files for vault. I honestly am too old to play these games and my life goes on regardless of these games or website.

MultiplayerX

HackBond

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No offense, but the size of your old signatures were ridiculous. It's pretty standard on most forums not to have a super huge signature. For one, it looks stupid, and it clutters the forum to have a signature about 10x the size of an average post. Yes I'm aware mine in comparison to yours at the moment is pretty big, but I've not had a single complaint and usually it conforms with the rules on 99% of forums.

If you go, you go. It doesn't affect what happens here. Stolen left, nothing changed except the link to his emulator and some other things were broken.

[Decoy] Antenna | Control | Silo | Escape

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, your old sig was just obnoxious. Even now, why not put the images side-by-side instead of tripling the space your sig takes up?

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Even Spyster's siggy looks kinda large. I don't even like em, all for avatar alone,

but just wanted to rep my fave three consoles and of course hooked up ever since purchase

Damn Multi.. why you're angry dog.. it's something I could let rest

Sigs don't make ye a celeb maaaan.. damn I'm gonna miss that .gif of you on the briefing/folder screen in GE007 LOL

Pardon if I misinterpret.. it's easy to do so coming to text

Don't fret.. you can't be b&

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

As a caveat, this post does not speak to official policy of this site, just my opinions.

I think in general, there clearly need to be some sort of rules. If I posted an entire Shakespeare book as my signature it'd be pretty hard to find the real posts.

We are small community and we can't afford to lose people, so I hope everything will be dealt with respectably. In general, this sites policy are far more liberal than others, and we try and let things go until it becomes too problematic, or spam.

In general, my opinion is that signatures should not be distracting.

So that would include:
A) Excessively flashy/animated/colored/distracting look
B) Excessively large
C) Obscene/Offensive

And yeah, Spyster, your sig violates B and A for me. I know people work hard, such as MultiplayerX on his signature, so I can understand being upset over asked to change. But I think just by shrinking it as you've done, and putting them side by side instead of below, it shouldn't be a problem.

In general, something like 5 lines would be around max. Some people use small resolutions (800 x 600), so some signatures would take up quite a bit of their real estate too. Also, I often browse the site on my phone, heh which is probably like 200 x 500 resolution, and the big signatures make it harder to view post content.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:55 am    Post subject: lol Reply with quote Back to top

well.....I'm not mad anymore. It did boil my blood a little bit is all. I agree with Sub and I would never make a sig take up even half of a page INTENTIONALLY. Laughing

Gee , never thought some people would stick up for the gif sig. Honestly I don't know if shrinking it would make it viewable but I could try.

Speaking of side by side, what code do you use to do that?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I suspect you have something like

[img
[img
[img

But if it were on the same line, maybe it would show side by side?

[img[img[img

Here's a sample :p even some room for more!

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Aah damn guys I hate to see the scene get spiced up like this, if you see what I mean Confused
Uhm I have to admit my sig is a bit too long. I promise to cut a bit of it when I have time.

But MultiX, there's no need to leave for this reason...Look, I completely understand you're enthusiast, you want people to think good of you, that's acceptable. And we do (at least, I do)appreciate your effort but you have to remind, sometimes the most important things are invisible for the eyes and can only be seen with a heart. There's no need to show off those flashy pictures. What truly counts is how able you are to help people and be friendly where you can.
Speaking of the moderator statusses and things, I don't see any problems with that.
Sogun, our latest general, he's a great guy and I never heard him complain about something.
You too MultiX, you're a trusted and respected member(at least for me)but actually if you really like being here, status shouldn't matter that much.
We don't force you to stay, but, especially if you're going to regret it, I would think twice.
On the other hand, you're right when saying you're getting older...but that's truly your decision.
Also better think twice before launching such a topic...
But hey, we ALL do have that moments of frustration right? Laughing
I understand your point of view and I can forgive you for any possible offence.

Anyway, guys, please solve this in an adult manner, I'd hate to see this resulting in bans. I'm pretty sure you're all able to keep it nice Wink
Peace to you all Smile oh and terribly sorry if I'm sounding too commanding...I'm just trying to chill the hot disussion Very Happy
We don't wanna see anyone (mentally hurt),do we?
My greetings to all,hope I said something useful Smile

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*ah never mind seemed multi already posted when I was typing my speech... Very Happy
My apologies.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SilverEye wrote:
Aah damn guys I hate to see the scene get spiced up like this, if you see what I mean Confused
Uhm I have to admit my sig is a bit too long. I promise to cut a bit of it when I have time.

But MultiX, there's no need to leave for this reason...Look, I completely understand you're enthusiast, you want people to think good of you, that's acceptable. And we do (at least, I do)appreciate your effort but you have to remind, sometimes the most important things are invisible for the eyes and can only be seen with a heart. There's no need to show off those flashy pictures. What truly counts is how able you are to help people and be friendly where you can.
Speaking of the moderator statusses and things, I don't see any problems with that.
Sogun, our latest general, he's a great guy and I never heard him complain about something.
You too MultiX, you're a trusted and respected member(at least for me)but actually if you really like being here, status shouldn't matter that much.
We don't force you to stay, but, especially if you're going to regret it, I would think twice.
On the other hand, you're right when saying you're getting older...but that's truly your decision.
Also better think twice before launching such a topic...
But hey, we ALL do have that moments of frustration right? Laughing
I understand your point of view and I can forgive you for any possible offence.

Anyway, guys, please solve this in an adult manner, I'd hate to see this resulting in bans. I'm pretty sure you're all able to keep it nice Wink
Peace to you all Smile oh and terribly sorry if I'm sounding too commanding...I'm just trying to chill the hot disussion Very Happy
We don't wanna see anyone (mentally hurt),do we?
My greetings to all,hope I said something useful Smile

Cool Very Happy Spoken with true CLASS Silver and thank you for the compliments. No I just was embarassed that Wreck had to change my stuff to blue word links and pm me on it. I have tried to find code that lets you do the side by side thing with no luck Sad Only problem is I need to keep the LINK in the image and I can't find a compatible code.

Anyone know how I can change my sigs to align LEFT, CENTER, and RIGHT with this?:

[+URL=http://codelegends.proboards.com/][+img]http://www.kalleload.net/uploads/scixkgviztej.jpg[/img][/URL]

ADDED pluses at the beginning of the URL and IMG so you can see the code I use

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nevermind Laughing Figured it out. You can't leave out any code you simply don't use spaces inbetween image LINKS. They align themselves in order too Smile

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

All say yay for the return of Multi's .gif of him in GE007 !!!!!

It's sucha riot Cool

Rey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Shouldent this be on website comments?
But heres what I think......Useless.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just my personal opinion here - I've never been a fan of signatures. But obviously we're all allowed to have them and I don't think we have any formal rules in place regarding their size.

But I will point out that the maximum combined width to accommodate somebody running at what is probably now the lowest standard PC resolution of 1024x768 (as I can't imagine anybody out there still runs 800x600 640x480), is about 760 pixels wide. Anything beyond that and it adds a horizontal scrollbar which can make it difficult to navigate content since it stretches the text boundaries along with it to beyond the width of the screen.

So my suggestion would be to try to keep any and all signatures, text plus images, to a combined width of 760 pixels or less and probably a height of 200-250 pixels at most.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey wrote:
Shouldent this be on website comments?
But heres what I think......Useless.

I wouldn't say it's useless, as he clearly stated his opinion.

@ MutliXI liked the sig with your face in the mission briefing, I found it to be funny.

Since we are on the topic of Sigs, is mine okay? Might be a bit flashy but so far nobody complained to an admin about it.

Which brings up my second point: Complain to an admin about someone's sig? Like really? Why not simply pm that person instead of bothering the admin. Would be easier and would AVOID situation like this.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Website & Message Board Comments All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: