GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Zoinkity - N64 Starcraft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also Mass Hysteria opened just fine in the PC Map Editor. It makes me believe you can play any Use Map Settings Map like it in N64 that you wanted too! Cool.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

More specifically on how to DL the Iccup maps:
iccup.com
->starcraft tab near top
->official mappack near mid right
->iccup ladder maps under column TOP RATED FILES

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have an old-school Dr. V64 Jr. 256Mb. That handles ROMs upwards of 0x2000000 in size, but anything larger wouldn't work without trickery.

That's the map pack v2.5 (fixed), correct?

Still writing a compressor, but shouldn't take long. Could probably just throw out compression altogether, but better practice to do things right from the get-go.
Even if it doesn't work, at least we'll have some idea what the limitations are.

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Correct about the map pack. You can delete subfolders of Observers/non-Ladder they are not what you will want to include.

Here is a very nifty Non-melee Use Map Settings map as we call it on PC. Meaning its like mass hysteria.
http://repdepot.net/replay.php?id=32826

It would be really cool if you could test it and see if it works. I guess any hardcore UMS players could be playing their preferable genre on N64 I hope!

Do you think it will be long to finish your program?
-Regards Smile

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also if you would like to post on teamliquid.net, it is best to make account now because it takes 3 days before you can post. Otherwise I will tell them what you made if you tell me what to write.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'll give it a try.

A compressor shouldn't take long. It's mostly just fixing bugs, making sure it decompresses properly, trying to make it run at a decent pace, and finding time in the day to do so. Right now, that time is being spent fixing a tire so I don't need to walk in tomorrow ;*)

Silly question, but is the brood wars subforum only visible if you are logged in?

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No it is always visible. It is accessible via most way down the left toolbar. The best place for you to post is the sub-forum BW General.

The term PC users use for maps without bases is Use Map Settings Maps. You might say UMS fans can now put their favorite single player or two player UMS maps with a backup device. And that melee players can play todays standard maps or their favorite classic maps.

You don't want to suggest using the patch on an emulator because the PC version is 10x better. You can unit control micromanage 100x more and more easily. Also, strategy is 10x more alive without seeing your opponent.

They will much appreciate playing it with a big screen TV or Backup device/flash cart though!!

Thanks a lot. Good luck.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The replay you linked earlier only runs for seven seconds.. not so sure why

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You'll also need to grab the map off the page. It's over on the right someplace; I remember having to look for it a bit.

Neat stage though. I'll try getting it in and running.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did grab the map. I doubt the replay would even attempt to play if I didn't grab it

Still no go no movement on Micro Practice.scm the replay just ends

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Micro Practice webpage has 2 files. 1 is for a replay .rep file. The other is for a .scx or .scm map. You want to DL the right download.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm only seeing it on the page as .scm , and oddly SC tells me to select expansion to play the replay

The Micro Practice.scm I put in StarCraft\Maps\download , the 1 players - TvZ.rep I put in StarCraft\Maps\replays , load it, no dice, nothing makes a move and it ends at 7 seconds

Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Don't use .rep file. Use .scm or .scx file. If you cant open it you need Broodwar.

You can DL Broodwar for free without online play from Iccup.com.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've had SC1 since launch, then bnet got me updated and gave me the xpack too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoLl2USa3_8

Last edited by mistamontiel on Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's really awesome they started free BW upgrades for SC1 users. Didn't know that until asking around.

Maps don't require compression turns out (some things are hardcoded and ignore the flag), so I'll probably break down and try a few before finishing the compressor.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: