ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

**MultiplayerX's ULTIMATE Weather Selector** ++UPDATE++
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do know what you mean. You'll never please anyone. If I tried that with each GEX release, I'd have a dozen or so incarnations. Mix and match patches that contain things like with or without clouds, disarming, screen blur, dual wielding, death chasms, and so on. But when it comes to unlocking, I say it's better to have everything accessible right away, since most people just want to jump right into the levels to see these effects. Either way, it's your mod to decide on. Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This is looking better and better! Really looking forward to playing the finished version.

Wreck wrote:
I do know what you mean. You'll never please anyone. If I tried that with each GEX release, I'd have a dozen or so incarnations. Mix and match patches that contain things like with or without clouds, disarming, screen blur, dual wielding, death chasms, and so on. But when it comes to unlocking, I say it's better to have everything accessible right away, since most people just want to jump right into the levels to see these effects. Either way, it's your mod to decide on. Smile

Sorry, MutliplayerX, mate. I have to agree with Wreck, that it's better to have everything unlocked at once. If you had a locked and an unlocked version available, then I honestly don't think anyone would want to choose the locked version.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:

Oh wow. I never realized the majority wanted the rom unlocked. Heh Well I guess it's not a big deal to hit some buttons and throw in an unlock patch for all three then. Laughing I do want to help people play easier so if that's what they need so be it. Cool

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
This is looking better and better! Really looking forward to playing the finished version.

Wreck wrote:

Sorry, MutliplayerX, mate. I have to agree with Wreck, that it's better to have everything unlocked at once. If you had a locked and an unlocked version available, then I honestly don't think anyone would want to choose the locked version.

Ah. Hmmmmmm that's interesting. Laughing Well I'm thinking I may just unlock them with three extra patches on this one and the next mod they can LOCK the thing if they need the challenges Cool

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX wrote:

Ah. Hmmmmmm that's interesting. Laughing Well I'm thinking I may just unlock them with three extra patches on this one and the next mod they can LOCK the thing if they need the challenges Cool

Thanks mate, that's great!

By the way, sorry to suggest you add more work to the project, but one other thing that occurred to me was that if the weather mod also included the Goldeneye-weapons-in-multiplayer and the sims-can-use-proximity-and-timed-mines mods too, from http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=5996

(Downloadable from http://www.battlefieldforever.com/hackers/priv/subdrag/PD_Classics_Enabled_And_Mines.xdelta )

then it would be the Ultimate Weather Mod, and the version with just the weather mod would be the Classic Weather Mod.

No pressure of course, if you don't want to add this then fair enough (just having weather in the single and multiplayer will be enough), but if you could make two versions of the weather mod, one with this patch and one without then it would be even better.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing being changed is adding weather. All other stuff should work normally Wink

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX wrote:
The only thing being changed is adding weather. All other stuff should work normally Wink

Fair enough mate, the weather changes alone will be *brilliant*. I love good weather effects in games, as to me they really bring the game to life. And thankfully the rain and snow in Perfect Dark are very lifelike (other good games with great weather effects include Timesplitters 2 and 3, Read Dead Redemption, and Timeshift).

I also like rain and snow in real life, but I hate hailstone! Especially now that I'm nearly bald, so hailstone hurts even more Rolling Eyes

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's a shame the weather wasn't setup by room ID in an Action Block. That way we'd have far more control over which areas feature the rain and snow. Being stored in ASM, there's only so much space available to us. At least SubDrag found a way to allow it to show up in every level, even if it means all rooms are affected. Just makes you want to rip all the ceilings off. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

lol I mean you can clip the ceilings room by room but that might take a 6 month non-stop mod that would be ridiculous for one person to take on just for some weather. MAYBE one day I'll feel intrigued enough but I'm burning out again for a little while and my focus is shifting more towards mapping in GE SOURCE Wink.

I'll finish the weather selector and then take a sabbatical for a while. Sh*tload of mods has just burned out my drive Laughing

Rey

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good to see this. Would be nice if we can have some kind of trick to make it look like it's raining or snowing in GE. Or to even put the glow of the sun in GE. I remember talking about this in another thread.
Hmmmmmm Confused

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If not we could just port the desired map into PD so it's in there Wink
Like in GEX or something

Rey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX wrote:
If not we could just port the desired map into PD so it's in there Wink
Like in GEX or something

Then it's not the same because it's still Perfect Dark. Must be a way Idea Question

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: **Subdrag or Wreck** Reply with quote Back to top

Probably have to code the game with some sort of particle system Rey buddy Crying or Very sad . I might look into it once I start school. Idk maybe we can modify something to fall from the sky and change it's textures? Any idea Sub? Wreck? That possible anywhere in this game?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Have you gotten around to making any progress with this recently, MultiplayerX?

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just give me some time buddy Wink. I just got burned out. The weather selector will probably be my fairwell for a little while. I start school really soon and honestly I'm getting pretty heavy into mapping for source engine. Wink Hopefully draw more people this amazing mod ;D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: