ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

(Bad news...) It's looking better :)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 3:52 pm    Post subject: (Bad news...) It's looking better :) Reply with quote Back to top

As topic says.

Too much stuff happening in a small amount of time. I'm completely stressed by those disasters...

Typing something here is a way to keep my mind busy before I really become insane.

So, although I might seem to be a bit active with the lamberra project, I'm simply looking at it. There's no progress. Same with the dutch translation. Three levels have been translated and that's it.

Speaking of the stuff I get confronted with, I'm having a horrible time.

I'm letting all you guys know so you don't have to worry when my projects don't seem to come along.

Because that's what happening.
I'll keep hanging around here'cause typing keeps me busy and it's a nice forum here..

I am simply too tired right now to do some good ol' editing.
I have lots of time.
I'm just too sad. And that will stay for a long time, I fear.

Please keep it mind. I'm on semi-retirement for an undefined amount of time. Few months, I guess.

Take care guys and thanks for reading.

Last edited by SilverEye on Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:34 am; edited 1 time in total

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sometimes you just need to spend some time away from stuff. There's no harm in just mingling.

Try doing something completely different than usual. If you don't read usually, read a book. If you don't take walks, take walks. Eat fries with mustard instead of ketchup. It's stupid but helps.
Oh, and get sunlight. Nobody ever gets enough sunlight and it physically affects mood.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:
Nobody ever gets enough sunlight and it physically affects mood.

I sweat bullets sitting on my porch.. lol

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

zoinkity wrote:

Oh, and get sunlight. Nobody ever gets enough sunlight and it physically affects mood.

Clearly you haven't ever been in the Carribean sun....

All joking aside, do what Zoink said, go outside, take a breatth, enjoy and appreciate what you have, enjoy the small things.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Might be good advice, thanks both.
Mhh, sun in west-europe is quite rare, but I'm lucky today, it's 20ÂșC Smile

What's not so good is that all the things I find enjoyment in are gone. Some of them permanenly.

Anyway, enjoy the sun if she's still shining guys!

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:36 am    Post subject: Re: Bad news... Reply with quote Back to top

SilverEye wrote:
As topic says.

Too much stuff happening in a small amount of time. I'm completely stressed by those disasters...

Typing something here is a way to keep my mind busy before I really become insane.

So, although I might seem to be a bit active with the lamberra project, I'm simply looking at it. There's no progress. Same with the dutch translation. Three levels have been translated and that's it.

Speaking of the stuff I get confronted with, I'm having a horrible time.

I'm letting all you guys know so you don't have to worry when my projects don't seem to come along.

Because that's what happening.
I'll keep hanging around here'cause typing keeps me busy and it's a nice forum here..

I am simply too tired right now to do some good ol' editing.
I have lots of time.
I'm just too sad. And that will stay for a long time, I fear.

Please keep it mind. I'm on semi-retirement for an undefined amount of time. Few months, I guess.

Take care guys and thanks for reading.

Hang in there buddy!! PRAY brother!!!! Always helps me. Angels do exist and God will send them if you call on the name of Jesus! I know I'm not the best example Laughing but I'm telling you he's never let me down emotionally. Oh and you will have to get yourself a cheap king james bible (not the new king james) to get the most audible voice in the back of your mind. No offense to other religions!! I've tried em and they don't grab you like the bible. Don't trust preachers either. Wink

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Depression is as much physical as it is mental, so I suspect zoinkity is right - do things you normally wouldn't do - it forces your brain to "rewire" in some ways.

I've only suffered depression once, it was about 6 or 7 years ago, and fortunately for me it only lasted a couple of weeks. So hang in there.

And MX's advice never hurts either, whatever your religion is.

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I am not religious Embarassed

Not at all to be honest.
If you don't truly believe in the existence of "some higher kind of person or energy", you shouldn't pray to it.

At least, that's what I think.
Everybody chooses in what he or she believes, and there's so much more to believe in then just a kind of god.
I believe in a better future for everyone.
That's everything.

Thanks though, I see your good intention and I admire your trust in God.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad news... Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX wrote:
Don't trust preachers either. Wink

Without a doubt.. I haven't been to a service in a whiiiile..

..screw stereotype/separation.. catholicism/christianity why choose sides..

..equality

Maxout

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Stay strong. I try to.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

SilverEye
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I'm in a great mood today Smile
Looks like things are getting better!
I might continue with one of the projects in the days coming.
Thanks for all your support guys back then and I'll keep ye informed Wink

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good for you!!!

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Glad to hear you're on the up!

Depression and the creative type really go hand and hand esp if you've little touch with other people. It's something that many of my friends suffer from for a heap of different reasons. Every case is different and unique to the person - believe it or not my brother is actually studying it for his PHD and is finding that the conventional way of thinking is totally wrong...not that saying that would help him pass!

I agree with Wreck, breaking up your life a little is something that really helps - about five years ago I made a new years resolution to "try something new every day" - be it a TV show I watched, something I tried from the supermarket, something I ate, a short story, wearing my underpants backwards (not a success FYI), I'm still at it, and yesterday I was trying to draw ducks (my script from yesterdays shoot is covered in sketches saying "Quack" regardless of what they are). At my lowest during study that "one thing" actually become something I looked forward to (but that's University for you). Entropy: so natural it should be a religion - and fun too!

I also really enjoy the fail compilations and they never fail to cheer me up - the germans have a word for that Wink

I will be the first to say not to do anything that only cheers you for a moment, as the crash afterwards can be brutal, I like to have something I can snicker at for ages after the fact (kids movies actually), or just get amusement from frequently...or on that note: watch a movie that's so bad that it makes you feel good about your work!

Not sure if that helps at all, but I hope it does!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: