ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What was thought to be impossible
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Maxout

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Should have mentioned I was referring to myself. Don't worry I'll probably get bored and be gone for a few months/years soon.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey wrote:
Maxout wrote:
You can only brag about it so much before it gets on everyone's nerves.

I'm not bragging. I was very excited at the time when I post this. I kept trying and trying and just did it. No need for a slam comment.

I've just logged on and seen Maxout's post and was going to post to pull him up about it, but I saw his later post where he admits he meant himself. I think it's just the language barrier that made his post seem critical of you (I thought he was referring to you), so I don't think he meant any offence.

Anyway, I think you were definitely right to post your achievement on this forum (which is, after all, basically a Goldeneye fan site), as it's interesting and shows that such a feat is possible so that other might be encouraged to try it (though I'm 10000% sure I'll never complete Carrington Institute: Defence, on PA with enemy rockets Evil or Very Mad ), and I'd be interested to hear more of your achievements, or from anyone else who completes difficult Goldeneye or Perfect Dark challenges (PD and GE are by far my two favourite and most played games, and I love reading about them). It still amazes me that people speed-run Licence to Kill and Dark Licence to Kill modes

( http://speedrunwiki.com/License_to_Kill and http://speedrunwiki.com/Dark_License_To_Kill for anyone who doesn't know what LTK and DLTK modes are), I struggled to complete PA and 00 Agent modes.

And if your post was intended to brag a little, then why not? You've accomplished something very difficult, and your post was modest and not condescending to the rest of us (who haven't achieved what you have). If I'd have done it, I'd certainly have posted to (a) prove it's possible, and (b) to brag a little, though I hope I wouldn't have been big headed about it (and your post certainly wasn't big headed).

BTW, on the DLTK page I link to, it says "In Perfect Dark, one level still remains to be beaten: Attack Ship. Completing that stage would probably be the most impressive game feat in the history of speedrunning (as if beating Silo DLTK isn't impressive enough) as many believe it to be an impossible task." I'd forgotten about that (as far as I can remember (and it's a fair bet I'm right Crying or Very sad ) I haven't completed even one level in DLTK - I only tried it out of curiosity), but it would be great to see someone complete Attack Ship in DLTK. Maybe you could be the one to prove it's possible?

Rey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm out of words. Attack Ship DLTK!? It's hard enough on perfect agent. let alone how dang crazy it is with rockets. I would imagine WAR being the hardest to DLTK. As for Goldeneye I would have assumed Control to be the hardest. In goldeneye I did do 2 levels DLTK. Facility and Frigate.
Yesterday I was so CLOSE to beating Attack ship enemy rockets Perfect Agent but.....The very last skedar.....Blew Elvis out the map. I'm serious! I was so mad but after I kept playing and I looked at him, I started to laugh.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm sure that LTK and DLTK doesn't mean using the enemy rockets mode too. Yes, you could, but I'm positive that when most people speak of LTK/DLTK (including those two Wiki pages I linked too, and the sites hosting the world record times), they don't include the enemy rockets cheat too. With LTK/DLTK, you just use no other cheats, and so use the normal in-level weapons, and the enemies use their normal weapons.

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
I'm sure that LTK and DLTK doesn't mean using the enemy rockets mode too. Yes, you could, but I'm positive that when most people speak of LTK/DLTK (including those two Wiki pages I linked too, and the sites hosting the world record times), they don't include the enemy rockets cheat too. With LTK/DLTK, you just use no other cheats, and so use the normal in-level weapons, and the enemies use their normal weapons.

I know Laughing

Maxout

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

*You think I meant something by it? You know me better while hearing laughter echoing in the forum distance.*

Obviously doing LTK and DLTK on PD is one of the last things to do in the game for me but I need an excuse to talk about it. I'm unsure how seriously to take it if it only becomes a mere statistic.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Maxout wrote:

Obviously doing LTK and DLTK on PD is one of the last things to do in the game for me but I need an excuse to talk about it. I'm unsure how seriously to take it if it only becomes a mere statistic.

Only do it if you enjoy doing it, it's just a game after all. Anyway, you don't need an excuse to talk about Perfect Dark (or Goldeneye) on these forums, mate, we are all fans of those two games, and love to talk about them.

I wish modern games were written so lovingly as PD and GE, instead of the now usual complete-the-game-then-move-onto-the-next-game attitude of current games designers. Crying or Very sad

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 3:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm being too snarky here. Since information comes so fast these days I suppose novelty fell to the floor. Since stories have been told already it's all about how real-life looking you can make it.

I'm tempted to delete that but perhaps I'm being too pessimistic too. What surprises await for us?

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

For those that are interested. I have just completed attack Ship with a time of 14:37. This was a huge relieve for me. I know this level enemy rockets now so dang well with all the attempts it took. Slayer proved to be the best weapon. Now I have done all GE and PD oo and Perfect agent modes with enemy rockets.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey wrote:
For those that are interested. I have just completed attack Ship with a time of 14:37. This was a huge relieve for me. I know this level enemy rockets now so dang well with all the attempts it took. Slayer proved to be the best weapon. Now I have done all GE and PD oo and Perfect agent modes with enemy rockets.

That is extremely impressive! Have you been in touch with the PD Elite people, as they'd surely be interested in knowing about this? They might even start a speed run record page for it now when they know it's achievable.

http://www.the-elite.net/#

http://rankings.the-elite.net/perfect-dark/systems

I'm not a member so I can't post (I had to google for the above sites), but I've posted about this on Gamefaqs (a great site, aside from the trolls)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/198275-perfect-dark/68326186

so everyone on GF now knows it's possible to complete PD this way (there was some discussion about this a while back, though I think the skill level was agent or secret agent).

If you get the time (and aren't utterly sick of Enemy Rocket mode) you should record yourself completing all of the levels and upload them to Youtube. But if you need a (long!) break from enemies trying to blow you up then fair enough.

Did Perfect Dark Zero have an Enemy Rockets cheat? Not that I really care, as I don't like the game much, and have no desire to replay it, but now I think of it, I'm mildy curious to know if they gave PDZ at least one good thing from PD, in the form of the cheats. Probably not, considering how they failed to carry over almost everything else that made PD so great.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey.. stats maxed !? Damn you're good

Rey

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trust me I'm not tired of enemy rockets. I just played it again like 20 minutes ago. Never heard of the elite. Also about recording I know. I'm trying to get it up. Needs to be good quality so Everyone can see what's going on.

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 02, 2014 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well once again for those that are interested. I can now upload gameplay. So I'll try to have some videos of GE and PD enemy rockets as well as OOAgent and perfect Agent.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rey wrote:
Well once again for those that are interested. I can now upload gameplay. So I'll try to have some videos of GE and PD enemy rockets as well as OOAgent and perfect Agent.

Yes, please, that'll be great!

Maxout

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good job. My perception of it was a little warped.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: