ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Cant Patch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:05 pm    Post subject: Cant Patch Reply with quote Back to top

So I read the FAQ on the site and still cant get the patches to work.

I opened Goldeneye Editor to apply the IPS patch to my Goldeneye ROM. However, it crashes when I try to run it. Do I save as .rom or .z64 file? i tried to byte flip the ROM before patching but that didnt seem to work.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Which patch are you trying to do? Some are ips, some are xdelta. You basically have a clean GE ROM, Tools -> Apply ips patch, pick clean GE ROM, pick patch, pick output ROM name. Then open output ROM in your emulator.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have not patched ever with GE-Editor, not whether there may be differences. I always patched with external programs, I have to files IPS, UPS, and xdelta.

so I'm not sure of is whether GE-Editor patch used to fix errors that are typical of GE and PD roms and maybe can not solve generic or external programs to patch. such things as providing solution to the heavens, improve speed and things like that. if anyone knows any difference I would like to say it.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The advantage of the editor is that it can handle both unclipped and byte flipped input roms and checks the results are valid and CRC matches. External patchers will work fine though.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I made a monster (sorry) tut .gif some time back. The GE Editor is choice for GE/PD patches

Optional, if you'd like to update your mupen64.ini , the GE Editor also will do it. Set it in Tools>Preferences>Mupen Ini Location @ bottom. Then Tools>Emulators>Sync Mupen Ini File

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: