ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

How accurate will GEX's campaign be compared to GE64's?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, the kick seems a bit out of place.
If you look at western movies when there's a fight they only use punches and throws (heh, except Van Damme). Kicks are something reserved for oriental martial artist like Jackie Chan, the Karate Kid series or even the Ninja Turtles! Laughing

So for pre-Daniel Craig Bond films I don't think you see a lot of kicks.

BTW Wreck, did you get my PM?

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I too really like the disarm and blurriness features, even in multiplayer, though I agree these should have been options, for those players who don't like them. So I definitely say please keep them in GEX's single player (even though you dropped them from the multiplayer Sad ).

Wreck wrote:
PD even setup a few invisible barriers to prevent players from dying in certain situations, such as when crossing the tree bridge in Crash Site.

I didn't like that, as it made it so obvious that you were playing a game - a snow/ice covered log that you had to use to traverse a deep drop, fair enough, but you could just run over it! Spiderman could do it, yes, but anyone else no chance. You should have had to move slowly over it, crouched down, to stand any chance of not falling to your death, and whilst you were on it, enemies should have appeared mid-distance away, shooting at you.

When you see the fallen tree, Joanna should have said "Hmmm, that fallen tree trunk seems to be my only way across. But I've have to be very careful, it doesn't look too stable, and it's covered in ice. I'll have to crouch on it whilst crossing, and move slowly or I'll fall to my death".

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to agree with Sogun and Wreck regarding the kicks the guards do in PD. It doesn't really fit well in the bond universe. Only Bond used martial arts in his films and they were mostly consisted of chops and judo throws. Also add in that in the GE movie none of the guards used combat kicks or any martial arts moves. This is why (I know this is going to sound stupid) I think for VR the scenario name should be changed from combat to normal like how it was in GE. However, I'm not that bothered by it if it's left the way it is.

The Blurred and disarm features Wreck said something months ago about having the disarm function used for the taser. The blurred effect I'm okay with for solo but for multi I rather it be used as a function for the taser or some other weapon.

All the other stuff I'm okay with as long as the maps on solo are complete.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I do not like blurry vision when last long, however would not be bad to have a blurred vision for a hit for a second or less.

the kicks are a bit rare even in PD. would be interesting also to retain PD punches, add to the second function of unarmed hitting GE Karate-chop.

seems that the novelty for missions in GEX will be when firing the weapon of an enemy or guard and dropping the gun from his hands, you you can take that weapon. What weapon take out the enemy when you've stolen his main weapon? One DD44-Dostovei?? . I personally like this feature disappeared, while recognizing that diminish the difficulty of the missions.

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think I've said this before regarding remakes: Go nuts.

If people want to play GE they can play GE! As for the extra feature set provided by the PD engine, tweak it, balance it, do whatever until it starts to feel right to you as a player.

Most of the bonds wouldn't have ever pistol whipped someone, or done martial arts moves...but Dalton would have shot them, with much lack of class, in the gut Wink

Again: Go Nuts and have fun. You're doing a great job!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: