ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Trent's Mission?...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:15 pm    Post subject: Trent's Mission?... Reply with quote Back to top

I was looking over some savestates last night from Project64, trying to determine what level files get loaded and where they appear in the memory. After locating the starting inventory data, I noticed that a lot of this stuff is quite similar to GoldenEye. Not completely the same, but enough to give you a good idea of what you're doing. With this knowledge, I began modifying the character (suit and cuff) in which you are to play as in that specific mission. Every person you can use during the stages, both regular and bonus, were present. However, there was an additional character that stood out. Trent Easton. Never once do you get a chance to control him, other than in the Combat Simulator. So why was he set for a mission? Perhaps Rare had intended, or atleast tested at one point, for him to have his own bonus mission. And why not? Mr. Blonde ended up having one. Tearing through your enemies with a DY357-LX, while completing objectives would have been pretty fun. It's a pity that he wasn't included, even as a cheat option, in the final game.

Well, here's the list of characters you can play as in a mission...

Character (NTSC v1.1: Extraction, Agent - 814F7E3A) [PJ64 v1.6 tested]
0000 - Joanna Combat
0001 - Elvis
0002 - Trent Easton
0003 - Joanna Trench Coat
0004 - Joanna Frock (Ripped)
0005 - Joanna Party Frock
0006 - Joanna Leather
0007 - Joanna Wet Suit
0008 - Joanna Aqualung
0009 - Joanna Arctic
000A - Joanna Lab Tech.
000B - Joanna Stewardess
000C - Mr. Blonde
000D - Maian
000E - Joanna Negotiator
000F - Joanna Combat (takes up all remaining slots) [I stopped at 0020]

If anyone would like to continue testing digits, you can start at '0021'. I think I had randomly chosen a value like '0034' to check, but the stage wouldn't load. It may be worth looking into, just incase there are any other characters available.

Saberier
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice find Wreck!

Maybe someone could hack a mission where you play as Trent and have to rid the Alaskan Air Base of all Alaskan the Guards with the assistance of 2-3 NSA Bodyguards. Maybe someone will use my favorite character combo in my sig and avatar! Razz

GE/PD rules!!!

Galbadia Hotel for all your video game music needs: http://gh.ffshrine.org/?r=16600

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've been thinking up some random vague ideas for a mission involving Trent Easton. Only drawback are the voices. You could do whatever you like with him, but there'd be no new dialogue to use. Which would be fine, if this were GoldenEye.

That is a pretty badass screenshot in your signature, Saberier.
The colours go together really nicely, plus the muzzle flash is killer.

Maxout

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You get Trents magnum as a cheat. But Trent could very well be that Doom 3 guy so he quickly saw his future and said screw one mission. Although a level in some random dark government installation in PD would have been nice.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Fear the Darkness
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

why can't players be Skedars? I thought it was since the game looks for player arms and there is none but even changing the arms freezes the game

Maxout

PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If life is equal and proportional, their big bodies would be a more liability. But for fun value, yeah.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

fantsu

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Rare did erase one "bonus-mission" from this game, see in the bonus-missions, there are ALWAYS 3 objectives (in the normal-missions there are always 5 objectives), now... count all the objectives in, AND you get 97 objectives, 3 missing from 100, and they said, that in PD there are 100 missions.. so... one bonus-mission is missing.

Can anyone, but me explain this simple thing so hard? I guess not...

Embarassed

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wasn't the last bonus mission going to be Retaking the Institute?

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep, but hey! Where's Trent Easton!?!

Laughing

fantsu

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It would be actually great to have one more single mission, with playing as Trent Easton and hes magnum... good place would be Chicago, starting from Punk Pond and invading the G5 building...

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could even have his mission begin where he was thought to have died. He'd wake up in the middle of the underground caves, fend off roaming Skedar, communicate with his NSA lackeys, and get someone to pick him up at a specific location. The only bugger would be the crashed Maian U.F.O. still being part of the stage background. That could be stripped out, but it'd be a pain to redirect everything following it. I do like your idea, though. But he was welcomed into the G5 Building with open arms, so there'd be no fire fights. Unless you wanted him to start there after they believed him to be dead. If that's the case, he's not the most popular guy in town, anymore. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: