ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

[Map] Control Mission...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:32 am    Post subject: [Map] Control Mission... Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a few shots from Control. Since learning a lot more about lights in PD, I decided to take extra care with them in this level. There were many walls that had lit spots on them in the cavernous area by the beginning elevator, but they didn't have an actual light fixture mounted above them. I took some time to carefully place them wherever they were absent. Also, some brand new fixtures were added into the area where you find two drone guns during the mission. There were previously no lights there, but you'd never know after seeing them in place. It just seems appropriate.

No progress on the mission setup, but the majority of clipping is complete.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Awesome news!
When bored back in PD I sometimes went in missions only to shoot the lights, guess I'll do that in Goldeneye X as well now.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Excellent!
Pictures 1 and 3 look awesome, although I think pic 2 needs some little tweaks.

In the second pic, the transition between lighted polygons and shadowed polygons is too evident. Moreover, the lighted polygons above the lightbar are too bright in my opinion.
What I would do is shade the top vertices of the slanted surface next to the light with the same value as the bottom vertices of the slanted vertices next to the floor (see pic). Then shade the horizontal surface above the light with the same value.

If that value doesn't look right, then you'll have to experiment a little more. Perhaps you need to change the shading in pic 3 too, only in the horizontal surface.

Anyway, loving the new additions. Very Happy

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

great images and great work that is being done in this field of lights. would be good on some levels using a switch on / off , as exists near the roof of dataDyne , but also abuse these things can influence the game difficulty . another idea might be to use the lamps that appear on the images beta level GE files . and finally in the Streets level can have a unique touch if we add streetlights , whether on the floor or on the walls of buildings, you can inmaginar as can if we add up snow or rain.

seems that in the fourth image some light is lost when the lights are destroyed.

regarding the configuration of the mission seems quite difficult to find especially in PD a "block of action " similar to that used for level control Natalya in GE , but I think if Elvis can have perhaps the same use that was given Natalya in GE (Elvis is perhaps the equivalent of Natalya in missions ) .

K1lo
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This looks excellent, can't wait to be able to shoot out the lights in Goldeneye levels.. many many years ago when I was first playing GE I remember taking potshots at the strip lights lining the walls in Bunker 2.. unfortunately all that happened was the light texture switched to the non-illuminated version with the surrounding baked on precalculated lighting unaffected. The thought that one day all the levels will have dynamic lighting is really awesome!

Keep up the great work Smile

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking awesome! Great stuff

acceptable67

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lighting looks great. Smile

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The maps look great. Love the shot of the lights being shot at causing it to look dark in that area. Amazing work, keep it up. I hope to see more threads like this one for the other maps.

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh my god... That looks awesome... Very awsome.

on lighting, the verts in both yellow and red boxes will need to be detached and shaded seperatly.

so, correctly stated to top fave should be say 255, the sides should be 192-128 the yellow should be 230-220 while the red should be 140-140

gotta go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: