ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Unreleased best Bond Game ever we might never see

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldyz

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject: Unreleased best Bond Game ever we might never see Reply with quote Back to top

Ollllllo here:

Well , long time no see friends -
here is my idea for a REAL update / remake / re- imagining of our dear old Goldeneye

First off, the game-play , it must be better than what we experienced on the n64.

we know the mechanics - we know the accelerations, the aiming system, the way a plethora of moves & actions where possible to make with just one analogue stick (2 in reality - in the form of C buttons) and 4 FOUR buttons
FOUR BUTTONS

how do we enhance such thing , and why has no other 1st person shooter (besides Perfect dark) duplicated the "feel"?
was it the n64 controller?
NO , i have played perfect dark and GE using 360 controllers, dual analogue, 4 button setup, and its still amazing.

My understanding now, for why the game has not been surpassed
(and to surpass it , you have to "rip it off") in many elements is that these elements are very well protected, not only by well manufactured programming , but also by a labyrinth of copyright and patent laws -
the same reason you cannot use the Crazy taxi radar as is in any other game - even if for practical reasons , it should be the right thing to do....

So game-play & controls, most of us here in the forums agree, they are almost perfect, personally i think that with current technology they can be improved - 2 analogues + motion controls + buttons -
Done right, can surpass by 140% what we have come to know and love...
Plus more, Bond is a spy - he needs to jump - and swim -
the classic Bond movies have this elements

Now the obvious , the graphics.
They are bad - The animations are still amongst the best still, but the models, the textures, they can be improved, vastly, the game does not have to look like a playstation 4 game, but dam the characters need to move their faces, their fingers, we need textures to react to light sources, water, smoke that does not slow down the game-play, worlds to be open , vehicles to be driven, MI6 HQ -

not so long ago, a friend of mine was playing Skyrim on the 360 -
good game , Insufficient AI, nice graphics, great attention to detail -- up there with Rareware's circa 2000. Days later i find that someone is making a Legend of Zelda Mod for Skyrim - elements and places from Ocarina of time and Majora's mask, recreated with the skyrim engine, i dont know how much of the "Zelda experience" could be re-created, but i'm pretty sure that without the original control "feel" , not necessarily as a default option, but as a bonus thing to finish the game again - the mod will be a "nice thing"

So this got me thinking - WHAT IF -
what if Goldeneye was re-made like that - a huge continental open world - With the main missions & objectives in the movie intact, the buildings & structures we know, contained , and as a bonus the 1995 locations of the world in perfect dark, - like the beach where carrington's house is located - carrington institute, area 51, the sunken cetan ship, etc and not only that , places from the Bond universe, right there too-

So we end up with, same or enhanced game-play - enhanced AI - Enhanced graphics, Open world , vehicles (aston martins , planes, ballons, submarines, jetpacks) - enhanced multiplayer, with all the options we had PLUS more, and TONS and tons of easter eggs ..

the next post - how do we get this game made..... ?

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Cool GE/PD are masterpiece just the way they are Cool

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

oldyz wrote:
how do we get this game made..... ?

You do the same thing as that Legend of Zelda mod you were talking about; use the Skyrim engine to make it yourself. Razz

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

oldyz

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
Cool GE/PD are masterpiece just the way they are Cool

i agree, but....
the Mona Lisa is a masterpiece, and yet , it can be perfected in many many ways, be it the medium, its purpose, durability ....
as long as the element (which one would it be for you) the 'smile' is there as the "foundation" , undiluted the masterpiece can step in to a next level

also , it - the ML may be a masterpiece, but as you know , it is disappearing, victim of decay

Wreck wrote:

You do the same thing as that Legend of Zelda mod you were talking about; use the Skyrim engine to make it yourself. Razz

I wish i could, but life gets in the way, many of you might hate this next phrase...

Everything i accomplish successfully, gets finished way too late, or at a price that makes me regret it.

in other words, it is out of my possibilities, i don't have the skills, the intellect, the technology, the time NOR the money to do it, so no , the reality is i can't do it myself - neither currently , nor in the next 5 years (and that's me being optimistic)

HOWEVER-

i know that for this thing to be made , and IT be made right -
It needs to have 2 main ingredients

1: it needs to be made using the GE/PD engine - at the very least for the game-play -
which means actually getting our hands in the actual code, NO LESS -
no wasting time reverse-engeneering the thing or trying to duplicate it within the skyrim engine -
it would have to be , in simplistic terms - like copy-pasting "Bond" inside the Skyrim game.

How do we get the "Bond" engine?
we know who owns it?
how much its worth?

i said it many many times- if i ever have the money, i would obtain it , and YOU guys would be the first people to get it.

I don't have the money - but now-days , i know there is way to get it...

this last few months , i have heard of Kickstarter
i wonder , how many people are out there , that would love to see the game - first of ALL -"released" from it N64 confines - Available for PC's , android phones, ipads, Wii, 360, ps4 -
(aww too much , just PC would suffice)
that is the only way i can think of -
raise enough money to buy the engine, programming code or whatever the hell it is (Zoinkity might know what it is exactly) - and release it , make it an open source for anyone to use it -

that is ingredient #1

Mantorok
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't think the source code for GE/PD engine is needed for something like this. A lot of research has been done on GE/PD, and it doesn't seem like it would be terribly hard to recreate GE/PD's logic/game "feel" in Unity or some other modern game engine/framework.

The big roadblock is the Bond IP. Without it, any fan project is going to a non-commercial release, and there's always the looming threat of a cease and desist. This means you have to find extremely passionate people to work on the project.
That's the second roadblock, there's lots of people who can come up with ideas, but not a lot of people willing and able to make them happen.

oldyz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 06, 2013 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ollllllllllo here:

well , if it is possible to get the "feel" right , i still cant believe nor understand why it did not take as the next FPS standard -
sure , timesplitters still had some of the mechanics , but they did not feel the same - you could also put red steel in the list somewhat, but same result , nothing like GE PD.

recreating it using a modern engine? well i really hope it can be done

as for the IP -
there is ways to get around that -
Bond does not have to be Bond - textures and background music does not have to be the same. For the official release at least.

since the project would be completely hackable and open -
any one of the kind users can provide unofficial patches
anonymously, that transform the whole thing - eventually - to its true intent.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> James Bond Games All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: