ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Citadel prob (2)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jesus_Soldier
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:50 pm    Post subject: Citadel prob (2) Reply with quote Back to top

Hi, i'm new on this forum. However, I've been reading your topics since weeks. Ge Master, I just find your site amazing ... heheh i think I didn't know there were still tournaments.. Smile I've recently downloaded the citadel level to play it on my emulator (don't worry, i own still own my goldeneye game -----» 007:P) but it unfortunately doesn't work .. the problem occurs when I open the rom. I've applied the patch (ntsc rom and ntsc.ips) and the problem occurs when i run the rom . It doesn't start ... the screen stays black . When the rom is patched , the rom color becomes grey ... i don't know if it should... I've tried to run the rom with 5 different video plugins (rice, 5.5.1, 6.1.1 6.1.1 debug, gln64 and jabo) .. and nothing ... I've read what you answered to the other guy ... and it didn't work for me .. ? .. Thx for helping ... I would like to try that new level .. Very Happy

Jesus_Soldier
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ohhh ... and i forgot .. someone has trying Goldeneye Source?? hahahha it's a paradise .. even if it's just an alpha version .. it really rocks .. and the cave remake is incredible ... let me know if you play .. i'm getting better .. and it would be a pleasure to play with you Wink

Jesus_Soldier
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hmmmm ok , I'm just back from trying dam , control ,silo, frigate,depot and train ... and .. just depot and train have worked .... and without guns !!!! . I'm wondering if i enter the codes properly .. it would explain my problem with citadel. .... However, the way i use to enter the codes has worked for facility backzone and archives.
What I do .. is pretty simple ... I remove the sub names of the codes example .. "respawns" ... and i put all the codes toegethers without spaces ..

ex:
hfhfhfh 1212
fjfjfjfjf 4536
hhfhfhd 4344 instead of -----------» "weapons"
xxxxxx 3233
(...)

"respawns"
xxxxxxx 4344
(...)

(...)

So I would like to know what is the good way to put the codes .... and sometimes I have to separate a level code to different parts .. beause my 1964 bugs when there is too much text .. so i have to do something like

Code :facility (1)
hghghghgh 2122
(...)

Code2: facility(2)
xxxxxxx 6464
(...)

..... lol ..... .. Hope I can get help ..

technoPP7
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

wowowowowowowo slow down there...I really would help but can you put your post into English..I am retring from hacking so that mumbo jumbo is just vag to me.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've always preferred using PJ64, even though a lot of people seem to complain about the code entry system. Strangely enough, I find it to be very easy. What I usually do is copy & paste the codes into the cheat menu, than activate them. I don't go straight into the cheat text file, since that only messes up the game for me. All you need to do, is pretty much exactly what you have been doing. Copy out only the codes, not the descriptions (cheating device headers), paste them, than give it a name. Some codes need multiple files, due to their length. In PJ64, you just put each one as following: Facbz\Access, Facbz\Players, Facbz\Spawns, etc. They should all be placed in the same directory, making it easier to sort and activate. If a code is too long the way it is, split it up for your emulator. Example: Facbz\Weapons1, Facbz\Weapons2, etc. Just make sure that all of the codes have been turned on and you follow whatever instructions were given.

As for the Citadel, I'm not sure why it wouldn't load. If you got it to patch successfully, than it it should play. Was the ROM you had an NTSC v64 file? That one seems to be the standard and is available most often. That's the one that the patch was made for, since people have greater access to it. I don't think it required any codes on emulator, so have them all off. If it still doesn't work, than it may have something to do with either the ROM or your 1964 settings.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

might wanna make sure you start with a FRESH ROM that isn't a piece of crap here too:
LINK DELETED - NO posting of links to ROMS! People, you have been warned!

Jesus_Soldier
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thank you for your answers. Wreck, you were right, i've used the z.64 version .. i tried with .v64 and it worked properly . Also , I'd like to ask multiplayerx if you have tried your codes for control and dam on 1964.. For my part, all the levels work but the weapons aren't there. Dam and control don't work at all .. the music starts but the rest don't come. Wreck told me that it should work when you put the codes toegether without space and without "cheating device headers"... I haven't try with Pj64 though... But I'm going to to do that . I'll let you know if it worked .. because .. control and dam on multiplayer sound really awesome! ... Later guys .

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

honestly, PJ64 seriously needs to revamp their gameshark protocol to more closely match the console's. Control won't load, PERIOD. There are some other levels that simply HATE gameshark codes. Dam actually never had weapon placements. Whoops!! Laughing Before I knew more about how weapons work. Plan on rewriting that level anyway in 3 PARTS. One in the tunnels,one in the front zone, and one on top of the Dam walkway with the towers. Probably a few months away.

Gameshark codes just frankly sometimes SUCK in emulators.

Jesus_Soldier
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ohhhhh so you haven't put weapons in your maps .. lol .. i'm sorry then .. i was searching them .. However, i've seen a box (bullets) one in depot .. and one in another level .. i dont remember.. but without weapons lol ...You had made a good job though for bringing these levels to multiplayer .. the guys like you who still work on goldeneye deserv big congrualtions ... seriously .. Wreck , Zoinkity and Ge master too. I think i'll need to buy a gameshark then .. hehehe Smile i have to buy controllers and GO! Another thing , could you explain me how do you do to play goldeneye with your computers... and something like 4 tvs .. lol I haven't got it .. but it seems really interesting. And if someday you make a tournament in Canada .. near ontario or Quebec .. tell me please Very Happy

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

yeah, my newer maps have weapons. the ones that are there appear just by LUCK. depends on the stage if a certain preset happens to spawn inside of it somewhere. originally my older stages were designed to use the MCM menu to turn the weapons on. I don't think emulator will let you use those codes:

81036F6C 0000
81036F6E 0002
D0064F31 000C
80024303 0001

Go into the game, start a level, and press C-up and C-Down at the same time. A bunch of jumbled text should appear. Use the D-Pad to navigate the text, and A to select an option. The following is a list of some of those options.

OPTIONS

Pressing C-up and C-down will bring up a menu of jumbled text. You can select different options from the menu using the D-pad and the A button.
Invincibility: Selecting this option will make you invulnerable to all of the enemie's attacks, like gun shots, and explosives. This is available as a cheat option after beating the Facility on 00 Agent in a certain time, but this is a lot easier than earning it.
Invisibility: This option makes you invisible to the enemies so they won't shoot at you. Beware though. Drone guns can still see you, and you are completely vulnerable to any stray explosives that may blow up near by. Also, in some levels, like the Aztec, guards may still fire at you even though this is enabled. A definite glitch.
All Guns: This will give you all the guns in the game in any level, but you will not have any ammunition for them unless you pick it up from guards.
Maximum Ammunition: This will give you maximum ammo for all of your guns currently in your inventory. Please note, this is not infinite ammo, but maximum ammo, so you will eventually run out. That's ok though, when you do, just select maximum ammo again.
Objectives: This will complete all of the objectives in the level automatically. I'm not sure, but I could never quite seem to get this one to work.
Move View and Bond View: Move View is very interesting. It allows you to leave Bond's body, and walk around while looking back at Bond. When you're bored of this, bring up the menu again, and select Bond View to get back into Bond's body.

Here's a complete list of all the options:

FIRST ROW, FIRST COLUMN

MOVE VIEW
STAN VIEW
BOND VIEW
LEVEL
REGION
SCALE
PLAY TITLE
BOND DIE

FIRST ROW, SECOND COLUMN

SELECT
GUN POS
FLASH COLOUT
HIT COLOUT
MUSIC
SFX
INVINCIBLE
VISIBLE
COLLISIONS
ALL GUNS
MAX AMMO

FIRST ROW, THIRD COLUMN

DISPLAY SPEED
BACKROUND
PROPS
STAN HIT
STAN REGION
STAN PROBLEMS
PRINT MAN POS
PORT CLOSE
PORT INF
PORT APPROX
PR ROOM LOADS

FIRST ROW, FOUTH COLUMN

SHOW MEM USE
SHOW MEM BARS
GRAB RGB
GRAB JPEG
GRAB ?
MD WALK
RECORD RANDOM
RECORD 1
RECORD 2
RECORD 3
REPLAY R?
SAVE R?
LOAD R?

SECOND ROW, FIRST COLUMN

AUTO Y AIM
AUTO X AIM
AGENT
ALL
FAST
OBJECTIVES

SECOND ROW, SECOND COLUMN

? TOP
? BOTTOM
? LEFT
? RIGHT
? RESET
SCREEN SIZE
SCREEN POS

SECOND ROW, THIRD COLUMN

SHOW PATROLS
INTRO
INTRO EDIT
INTRO POS
WORLD POS
GUN KEY POS
VIS CVG
CHT ?
? BLOCKS
OBJ LOAD
WEAPON LOAD

SECOND ROW, FOURTH COLUMN

ABOVE SKY EDIT
ABOVE HITS EDIT
ABOVE DETAIL EDIT
EXPLOSION INFO
MAGIC FOG
GUN WATCH POS
TESTING MAN POS
FOG

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My gameshark Doesn't work.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The reason citadel won't load is because the rom is not byteswapped. You can either:
1- get a byteswapped rom.
2- get a hex editor, open your rom in it, select the whole thing, and bytswap the thing 16bit.

If I could either download the thing or get to my computer in storage I'd just post one that could be patched to a normal rom. Sorry about the inconvenience.

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I only have a laptop, so I can't do it.

Maxout

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome ... to ... the forums ... btw. Very Happy

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

JustinX32
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to who?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: