ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Everdrive 64 OS version 2.00 is here - Gameshark support!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:39 am    Post subject: Everdrive 64 OS version 2.00 is here - Gameshark support! Reply with quote Back to top

The Everdrive 64 (which lets you play N64 games from an SD Card, and also diverts cartridge load/saving to the SD Card (you still need a controller pak for games that save to the controller pak, of course), and lets you easily play game hacks like Goldeneye X on your N64) has had it's OS file updated - OS version 2.00 has been released, and it's a MAJOR update!

The list of new features and improvements include

1)Completely new OS was made from zero
2)New FPGA core
3)Faster SD interface. Now trasfer speed up to 23Mbyte/s
4)GameShark cheats.
5)IPS/APS patches support
6)Auto cheats loading.
7)Auto IPS/APS loading
8)Forcing of TV mode in the game. It may help to run some PAL games in color with NTSC system
9)New menu interface
10)Auto CRC fix. May help to run some hacked roms with bad checksum
11)Menu supports two resolutions 320x240 and 640x480. Probably will be useful for some RGB moded systems which blinks in 640x480 mode
12)New controller PAK manager
13)Controller PAK auto backup function
14)40 Winks works with NTSC systems in color
15)Some other minor improvements (:
16)Copying data from file to file, right in menu. To make some extra copy of saves, for example
17)File byte swapping. Useful for emulator save files converting
18)Menu supports analogue stick

Unfortunately ED64 v1 is not supported any more, this update can only be used with the version 2 Everdrive 64

Get it from

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1035.0

Note: A bug is affecting some users - for some people, when you turn on the N64 with an Everdrive 64 running v2.00 OS, then the N64 stops dead with an error message saying

Error 0xC0
DISK Init

to bypass this, just press RESET on the N64.

Note 2: Gameshark support is at an early stage yet, it doesn't emulate all of the instructions, or allow you to choose from a menu which preset codes you want to use, but no doubt it will improve over time.

There really is no excuse for any N64 fan not to have an Everdrive 64. For a detailed review, see

http://s9.zetaboards.com/Nintendo_64_Forever/topic/7360089/

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow that sounds great, heh ack now I'll be tempted to buy 2.0. I have a 1.0,guess not compatible.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm guessing mine won't be compatable, either. Well, it still does exactly what I need it to do... Play ROMs! Especially for testing out mods on console, which was the main reason for even wanting to get one in the first place.

GameShark cheats are a great addition, for sure. But I have to wonder if they'll end up with the same kind of limitations as the real GameSharks had. Maximum of 251.0 worth of code. Fine for general use, I suppose. GE really pushed what a GS was capable of, and nobody is making crazy long custom levels that way, anymore. You don't need to, if you're already playing a modified ROM through a flashcart. Why bother putting in the codes to a Facility Backzone, when you can just plop the entire map pack ROM in and play eleven different levels in one boot up? Seems like GS support is more handy for "cheating" - like it was made for.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Where does one purchase Everdrive ? Does this v2 support CF card ?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
Where does one purchase Everdrive ? Does this v2 support CF card ?

These guys make a great version of it:
http://www.stoneagegamer.com/

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It seems OS 2.00 has some issues and OS 2.01 has been released (http://krikzz.com/pub/support/index.php?dir=ed64%2Fos-bin). Some people are reporting that some of their saves don't work with 2.01 so make sure you do a backup of those before changing the OS.

These new OS sure has some amazing new features, being GS support the most important one. For GE and PD hacking it might be very useful because we have the editor, but for other games it was something a lot of people were expecting (for example, you can edit the looks and propierties of the vehicles in F-Zero X as in the DD Expansion Kit -> http://fzerocentral.org/viewtopic.php?t=7737&sid=6f9cbf37442f3cf559c03813138168e6).

I'm very interested in the new memory pak manager (perhaps separate saves for every game in the card?) and the "force video mode inside game" feature.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To be honest, the trainer and ability to execute custom code were the high points of the GS. It was the next best thing to Nemu64.

A scripting engine that happens to allow GS codes is far more useful and interesting in the long run. Then again, the Everdrive wasn't exactly made for that purpose.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: