ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

What's the boot code for Perfect Dark?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: What's the boot code for Perfect Dark? Reply with quote Back to top

The Everdrive 64 has just had it's OS updated, and it now emulates the Gameshark. But as yet it's only partially done, so things like onscreen selection of individual codes from a code database, and boot code (key code) support aren't yet implemented.

I want to test some PD codes, such as the press-Left-Shoulder-Button-to-enable-Combat-Boost code from http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=1984&highlight=combat+boost

which is (on the PAL N64)

D109A0400020
8009A9770001
D109A0400020
8109A96E01F4

But PD just crashes upon booting when running these codes on the Everdrive, which is probably to be expected, as I've not included the key code (even with the key code it might not yet work on the Everdrive, but it's worth a try). So can someone tell me what key code to add to the above, to make PD boot on the Everdrive with the codes running?

Thanks for any help.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You can try any one of these. They're from Krijy's FAQ...
(there's one more really long one, if these don't function)

Hirez Enabler 1:
NTSC AND PAL
FF000220 0000

This enabler will allow you to play every single level in the game. It's fully compatible with all the levels but has a fatal flaw. You can only activate 10 lines of code with this enabler on. Some level modifying codes require you to activate more than just 10 lines of code.

------------------------------------------

Hirez Enabler 2:
NTSC AND PAL
FF75C000 0000

This enabler will allow you to activate up to the maximum number of lines of code possible (+-250 lines). Unfortunately, it has the same compatibility as the 50 line long version 3.0 hirez enabler. You can't play in Villa (Solo) or Infiltration with this enabler on.

Since these two enablers don't allow you to play in some levels, I made my own enabler. The following enabler should allow you to play in all levels, and activate up to +-250 lines of code.

Krijy's Hirez Enabler:
NTSC
FF72C5A0 0000
PAL
FF730000 0000

As for the Keycodes, I think they changed for different versions of the GameShark, so I don't even know if they'd be compatable with the ED64 as-is. Maybe you'll have to wait and see if additional updates lend more support to PD.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's great, thanks, I'll try them tonight and post the results here.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is there a list of what gameshark types he supports? The D type codes maybe he doesn't yet?

My guess is you don't need the enable code.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, I tried them all (the PAL three), but with no success. It's probably down to the as yet incomplete Gameshark emulation, as the other (non-PD) codes I tried haven't worked with their games either, so probably only simple codes (and maybe only early, non-protected games) work so far.

Thanks anyway for the codes.

SubDrag wrote:
Is there a list of what gameshark types he supports? The D type codes maybe he doesn't yet?

Maybe, but I tried without, and still no success. Oh well, I presume the ED64 Gameshark emulation will be improved over time. I've posted in http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1047 your question re: what code types does the ED64 currently support, he'll no doubt answer there, as he's very friendly and helpful (having the hardware and software creator so approachable on a forum is a real plus).

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Krikzz replied saying that he didn't write the cheat engine, it was a fellow fourm member called Chilly Willy who wrote it, and:

"According to source code, we can use types of codes below:
0x80,0x81,0xA0,0xA1,0xCC,0xD0,0xD1,0xD2,0xD3,0xDD,0xDE,0xEE,0xF0,0xF1,0xFF".

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If it's the same Chilly Willy, he's an old hacker from back in the day.

I'm guessing he stripped down the GS GUI to the codelist parser, because it's pointless to implement several of those unless it's in use. A couple are used to hook the trainer in a different way. In particular, one splits the "normal mode" hijack so it doesn't clobber an address range used by the 64DD to store disk header info. Forcing 4MB mode is better done with the F0- equivalent, since it gives you the ability to set it to any value.

In normal mode, which I'm guessing they're utilizing, you're extremely limited on available codes unless the codelist is redirected. It does it based on size, but for all intents and purposes you're stuck at 12-16. For 4MB games you can always just push the list up to 80400010 (80400000-8 is sometimes overwritten when testing available rdram pointlessly by games that don't trust the returned value.).

The most likely situation is they stuck the watch catcher in the exception handler area--it switches writes to 80000180 to a different address. The GS moved that into its own cart space because games started overwriting it. It made the version 3.x series work on almost every title, but 2.x couldn't be upgraded the same way.

Having tried to do this myself, the complication probably has more to do with the hook method than anything. There's no magic bullet that will work for all games without a writable, executable portion of dedicated memory outside normally mapped ROM space (You can only execute instructions from ROM outside the exception handler). You can only watch a single address, so more than a single jump can ever be protected against. Depending on the bootloader and where the injection occurred is how likely it is the hook can be set. It's a real pain.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon wrote:
Wreck, I tried them all (the PAL three), but with no success. It's probably down to the as yet incomplete Gameshark emulation, as the other (non-PD) codes I tried haven't worked with their games either, so probably only simple codes (and maybe only early, non-protected games) work so far.

Thanks anyway for the codes.

SubDrag wrote:

Maybe, but I tried without, and still no success. Oh well, I presume the ED64 Gameshark emulation will be improved over time. I've posted in http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1047 your question re: what code types does the ED64 currently support, he'll no doubt answer there, as he's very friendly and helpful (having the hardware and software creator so approachable on a forum is a real plus).

Perfect Dark will not work flawlessly with ANY gameshark if you are trying to use level mods either. I know....I'VE TRIED. The problem is Perfect Dark CHANGES memory allocations in hi-rez. What happens is the game freezes when you have a modded level running because a gameshark cannot compensate a real time memory change THUS aarrrrrgggggg she crashes matey :'( Best bet is set up PJ64 on a pc and get yourself a BIG monitor. Console hacking is still a premature science and Everdrive64 is still not 100% flawless YET. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: