ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Importing OBJ map into Goldeneye Editor issues
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:38 am    Post subject: Importing OBJ map into Goldeneye Editor issues Reply with quote Back to top

Hello everyone, I decided to work on a model. (Well very old kind of model map) Called Antenna Cradle Source by DF_Ank1.

I believe you will all remember this land model from 2009.

I've completely brought it back from my old Goldeneye folders. Sadly it had no textures what so ever. So I've retexture it completely. And even cut out 3 holes for the cradle towers. So that clipping won't go though it anymore. and even line up the Cradle level completely, so that the level is now center of the hole in the center of the model. As well the tower won't go though the concrete anymore.

after doing a lot of work on it, and finishing it up. I've decided to import it into Goldeneye Editor, to work on the clipping for it.

But well I've run into a problem. I've gotten it imported, but the map is just all one single texture. Like this.

And no errors showed up either on import, so it made me wonder what I did wrong.

This is my folder and TXT setup for the import to Goldeneye Editor.

I am also using DeleD Model editor. And the obj export from it was perfect.

I'm not sure what I've done wrong. But anyone here who can point out what needs fixing, it be a big help.

And if it helps, I've also followed the Hammer Editor Tutorial from the Goldeneye Vault.

http://www.goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=94

Since there is no DeleD tutorial, I've had to use that one. Since it is pretty much the same thing as importing from Hammer.

Also keep in mind, I've not port a map, or model in over 3 years. So I've forgot some things due to not working on obj files and what not. Embarassed

Last edited by EternallyAries on Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:25 pm; edited 3 times in total

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Did you save as rom, then pick the rom with new textures? Then reopen project?

Or if they're all GE images, textures.txt is correct?

if not, can I see your material file.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Did you save as rom, then pick the rom with new textures? Then reopen project?

Or if they're all GE images, textures.txt is correct?

if not, can I see your material file.

I've sent you all of my files I use for Goldeneye, Use the Readme so you know what in each folder.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The main thing seemed to be reopening the project, but I sent you a reply pm

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Could be that only one texture read due to maybe one being corrupt?

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks you Subdrag. The model now loads perfectly as it should. But now I got another question. How do I combind the Cradle map, along with the new model map. If I remember, it should involve the room.txt file. But I'm not sure what I should do pass that.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a tutorial (which I believe is still up to date) for just this purpose Wink
http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=179

But yeah, basically add to roompositions.txt, then export.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks to Subdrag, that I've now know how to completely make the map combinded, and due to now knowing that the mtl file is pretty much the main texture magnet to everything that involves obj files. I've also imported the whole Cradle model into DeleD. And this also gave me time to rethink on the whole model of the map. And well I've decided to tweak and change some things to the whole model.

What I did was. I've deleted most useless and unseen polygons on the outer side of the map. This might fix some frame lag issues that might be cause by the map. Also retextured everything, including the hole in the middle of the map, And removed the dirt like mountains that we're from the original model. Because honestly, it does not look that great if you think about it. Laughing

And resize all the mountain slopes on the map. Due to some looking to steep.

I also resize all textures on the model. So now there is no more texture glitches to be seen.

And another image here will show that I lowered the circle sector and made a wall around it.

So now good old Mr.Bond does not need to travel up those mountains anymore. This also means I don't need to clip the mountains. Which makes my life much easier. Laughing

So in simple terms, I've pretty much changed the whole model.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, another new problem.

After following the tutorial to porting the BG into the Cradle map.

I've been trying to resize the model, and after I set it all up, and moved the room into its correct spot. I follow the tutorial, and I'm at the point where it says. Import Rooms Positions to Text File

After I saved it over my UsetupcradZroomData.txt I followed the tutorial more, And it tells me to export the Background file again. So I export the BG file, and it resize the land model back to the original import size. So I tried again, And got the same results.

Not sure why my room.txt file not keeping the correct size of the model I set it to.

That the original size that imports into the Goldeneye Editor. After I resize it and do what the tutorial tells me to do. It reverts it right back into the same size as the image up there.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I didn't think tutorial covered edits past the original export. If you want to edit your room, make your changes, export the GE Room and overwrite the files you had in your modified RoomPositions.txt, then reexport again.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well I gotten everything done. Here a list of changes.

I've added new objects to the stage. (Only in the 3 rooms though)

The fog has been cut back. So it allows you to see the whole cradle and even the ground.

The fog for objects has also been completely reduce. Allowing you to see every guard in the level. Making the whole cradle in action completely.

I've moved the computer to a different spot. Since I thought being behind that rotor thing was just weird. So now it blends in with the room as well.

The ground been left unclip. Since it seemed that every time I add even a tiny bit of clipping, it ruins the main clipping that rare made. (Not sure why it effects it)

Here the image of the level in action.

Also I would be releasing the level by now, but I have one problem. To allow this level to become playable, I need to use All Solo Levels Unlock from 21990.

But every time I use it, It does not unlock all the levels. So the only way I was able to do test runs for it, was to use 1964 Gameshark codes. So if anyone knows of a way to fix this. I be glad to get onto it so I can release the stage. Smile

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Looking cool.

If you have an existing save, delete it. The unlock all levels works by creating the initial save with everything unlocked.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SubDrag wrote:
Looking cool.

If you have an existing save, delete it. The unlock all levels works by creating the initial save with everything unlocked.

Thanks. Everything been setup and ready for release.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3axn50avdyfxksg/Goldeneye_Antenna_Cradle.zip

There the download for everything to be put on the Goldeneye Vault.

Can't wait to see it on the Goldeneye Vault. This will also be my very first Single player Goldeneye Release as well. Laughing

I also made a release post in the Q-Lab Hacking Department forums. To make it more organize. Since this whole thread is clutter up. Laughing

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's up!

http://goldeneyevault.com/viewfile.php?id=286

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Great work EternallyAries!

I just tried your patch on console and I'm afraid it's kind of unplayable there. I was able to finish the level on Agent difficulty, but it was unpleasant, heh.
There's something very wrong with the graphics. The action only takes like 1/3 of the screen and the camera is like those eye-fish ones. There's no order with the geometry and you can see the enemies through the walls and floors. I've never seen an issue like this one.

On emulator it works flawlessly and those mountains look awesome.
Why do you need to add clipping to the plate? I thought you would be able to walk in there somehow but if you fall you trigger Bond's fall cinematic.

I guess most people will play this patch on emulator but I wanted to see how it performed on console. I'll understand if you don't want to try to fix this. My guess is that something is wrong with the sky settings. I'll take a look at it myself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Mapping and Modelling All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: