ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Ever wonder how much damage each weapon does? Here ya go.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
the 4th survivor
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:42 pm    Post subject: Ever wonder how much damage each weapon does? Here ya go. Reply with quote Back to top

This is something I've been curious about for a while so I decided to make a list of damage each gun does per bullet. I left out explosive weapons since they don't do set damage. Anyway here you go:

Damage Multipliers (only for bullet damage)

Head: 2x

Body: 1x

Limb: 0.5x

Unarmed

Punch: 5 damage (standing), 2.4 damage (mid-crouch), 1.2 damage (low crouch), 12.5 damage (behind)

Disarm: 0 damage

Falcon 2 (includes silencer and scope versions)

Single Shot: 25 damage

MagSec4

Single Shot: 27 damage

3-Round Burst: 27 x 3 damage

Mauler

Single Shot: 29 damage

Charge-up Shot: 266 damage (insta kill)

Phoenix

Single Shot: 27 damage

Explosive Shell: N/A

DY357 Magnum

Single Shot: 50 damage

DY357 LX

Single Shot: 10,000+ damage (insta kill)

Pistol Whip (all handguns)

8.33 damage (standing), 4.3 damage (mid-crouch), 2.2 damage (low crouch) 21.8 damage (behind)

CMP150

Rapid Fire: 25 damage

Cyclone

Rapid Fire: 18.75 damage

Callisto NTG

Rapid Fire: 29 damage

High Impact Shells: 56.25 damage

RC-P120

Laptop Gun

Burst Fire: 27 damage

Dragon

Rapid Fire: 27 damage

K7 Avenger

Burst Fire: 37.8 damage

AR34

Burst Fire: 33.4 damage

Superdragon

Shotgun

Shotgun Fire: 87.5 damage (14.58 x 6 pellets)

Double Blast: 87.5 x 2 damage

Reaper

Reapage: 28.1 damage

Sniper Rifle

Single Shot: 29 damage

Farsight XR-20

Rail-gun Effect: 10,000+ damage (insta kill)

Combat Knife

Knife Slash: 50 damage (standing), 25 damage (mid-crouch), 12.5 damage (low crouch), insta kill (behind)

Throw Poison Knife: 87.5 damage (initial hit + 5 "hits" of poison damage)

Crossbow

Sedate: 25 damage

Instant Kill: 10,000+ damage (insta kill)

Tranquilizer

Sedate: 6.25 damage

Lethal Injection: 4944 damage (insta kill)

Laser

Pulse Fire: 25 damage

Short Range Stream: 1.2 damage

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Good list. We've been able to modify the damage dealt by the weapons for quite some time, but I'm not sure if a table of values was ever really put together for it. Well, at least not on here, anyway.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's an interesting list. There's an indepth FAQ on http://www.gamefaqs.com/n64/198275-perfect-dark/faqs/9258 detailing the same thing, though you do cover things he does not (i.e. Un-armed and Pistol Whip), but his values are almost uniformly twice yours (i.e you say a Falcon 2 bullet does 25 damage, he says 49.9; Magnum 50 vs 97.3; Phoenix 27 vs 54).

I've just tried PD, medium skill level, killing the first guard on the first level (the one walking on the top of the skyscraper, under the helicopter level), no cheats, and he died with two Falcon 2 bullets. Using the All Weapons cheat, he also died after only two Phoenix bullets. So I tried no cheats, on hard, and he still dies with two Falcon 2 bullets, so I enabled auto-aim (I didn't think it would matter, but it was worth a try), and he still died in two Falcon 2 bullets.

Am I missing something, or are your figures 50% less than they should be? My apologies if I'm doing something wrong.

Rey

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well we can figure this out by trial and error like I have or for those that have the PD guide it shows all the weapons abilities and stats.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Doesn't it matter where you hit them on the body/head?

the 4th survivor
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks Wreck.

Kerr Avon wrote:
That's an interesting list. There's an indepth FAQ on http://www.gamefaqs.com/n64/198275-perfect-dark/faqs/9258 detailing the same thing, though you do cover things he does not (i.e. Un-armed and Pistol Whip), but his values are almost uniformly twice yours (i.e you say a Falcon 2 bullet does 25 damage, he says 49.9; Magnum 50 vs 97.3; Phoenix 27 vs 54).

Sorry I forgot to mention these stats are for multiplayer. I'm guessing that guide you posted is for the solo missions only? But then the damage would be different based on the difficulty and what stage you're on. I think the guards get tougher after Area 51.

@Subdrag Nah it looks like the game only counts for headshots, body shots and limb shots.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think Sub means the back shot multiplier, which there is one (though can't remember the specific amount). There's also some situational modifiers, like the unaware bonus.

What you have would be the base damage values, which are absolutely golden.

You wouldn't happen to know which of those values they recycle for "other" hits, which in GE was any non-actor object (including actor hats and weapons)? That might have changed in PD; to be honest I'm not very familiar with the particulars.

Maxout

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Nice list. It's easily fixed but I wished the K7 Avenger had a larger magazine. We can make it more real by adding magazines for loss of speed for Jo and others.

Maybe there's a good reason to not get too particular about it. Wink

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The 4th survivor (how did you choose that username, by the way, it's not a private question?), from your testing of the Tranquilizer, it seems that it can kill someone in primary mode, after about fifteen or sixteen hits. I didn't know it was fatal in primary mode, it's interesting to know, as it allows for another challenge - play through PD using only the Tranquilizer's primary mode and Infinite Ammo cheat (and other weapons where the level mechanics insist upon it, such as the sniper rifle in Carrington Villa)

BTW, I think that one of the great things about PD is how the weapons all look different, and have different secondary functions, making the weapons truly different*. Unlike the WW1/WW2/Modern day Call odf Honour clones where it's difficult to tell one weapon from another either by it's appearance or it's firepower/fireing mode.

In PD you know what a weapon is just by looking at it, and you can familiarise yourself with all weapons in the firing range. In most shooters released in the past decade, the game's entire range of ballistic weapons are grouped into three or four sets of identikit weapons (which I imagine is like real life, to be fair, but I'd prefer gameplay over reality, and too similar weapons harms gameplay), and in most first person shooters from the past decade you can only carry two or three weapons at a time, so when you find a new one then if you want to take it then you have to drop one, and you don't know the relative strengths of each weapon, so you end up taking the one with the most ammunition Rolling Eyes

And you can't try out each weapon in the firing range, because there isn't one. How many games from the last decade have a firing range for you to test the weapons? Still, you can always try out the weapons in multiplayer mode. Except most games don't have bots, so you have to play online. Against people who are expert at the game, and kill you before you have a chance to even see them (sadly, most multiplayer FPS games get almost abandoned after a few weeks as most people move onto the newer games, and the only people who stay behind are either after achievement points/trophies (on the XBox 360/PS3) and don't want to play properly, or more often are expert at the game, which is why they stay on that game, and you don't stand a chance against them.

* The exceptions being the Falcon 2, which is annoying as people who barely know PD point to the three Falcon 2s as being the same weapon with minor changes, and so they assume that the rest of PD's aresenal is made up of weapons with slight changes. And the Magnum, to a degree, though I'd argue that there is a significant difference there, being a normal (though powerful) vs an always one-hit-kill damage rating.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

He included some multiplier values at the start of the list, and also noted melee attacks on different parts of the body, as well as from behind.

My only guess on "The 4th Survivor" as a username, would be that he's a Resident Evil 2 fan. That was the bonus mini-game you unlock that allows you to play as the character HUNK.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

the 4th survivor
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr Avon, yeah I agree with you about modern shooters. I play COD and it's cool that you can jump online whenever you feel like a match even if it's in the middle of the night and as a kid we didn't have that. If none of your buddies were over at your house you were stuck playing single player. Still I can't help but feel like COD is so generic. The only thing that makes it different is that you can call in air strikes and that's just a cheap way of giving you kills without you having to work for it. Other shooters like Killzone are pretty much the same car with a different coat of paint. I dunno what happened to the creativity developers used to have but it really feels like they lost it.

Yeah about my name I was gonna come up with something deep and meaningful but Wreck outed me. Very Happy It's from Resident Evil 2. That was my first ever horror game and it's still one of my favs.

Anyway about this damage list it's only for multiplayer. The solo missions have different damage stats.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

the 4th survivor wrote:
I dunno what happened to the creativity developers used to have but it really feels like they lost it.

This isn't about the main topic, but if anyone has some free time it's quite an interesting reading:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-05-04-free-radical-vs-the-monsters

Back on topic.
How much is the health bar and the shield? 100 points each?
And what about the sims in Combat Simulator? How many points is their health?

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly GoldenEye and Perfect Dark started the trend of having identical weapons with minor stat variations. I mean, they didn't need to have nearly as many SMGs as they did in GoldenEye. In terms of game mechanics, one or two could've sufficed. But I'm glad they did, because in the real world different armies/factions use different weapons and these are represented well in the game. Don't forget that before the whole modern military HD Brown trend made it a dirty word, GoldenEye was considered a realistic game. The most realistic at the time of it's release. Having weapons has a part of the setting, over a generic "machine gun" like everything before it.

The secondary functions in Perfect Dark could be cool, but so many of them were clearly afterthoughts and those are kind of underwhelming.

pistol + unarmed = pistol whip
AR + proxy mine = Dragon
AR + grenade launcher = SuperDragon
AR + aim button = AR34 Razz

I mean, seriously, "use scope"? Were they scraping the bottom of the barrel or what? I would've preferred nothing, since that's what "use scope" is worth. It kind of gets around control limitations, but unlike crouch, have you ever wanted to move while zoomed in with almost no field of view? I really think they had some cool ideas for some secondaries, but felt the need to give them to all weapons, which they never really had to do.

As for Call of Duty, it's been repetitive since Black Ops for me, but I'm judging that based on multiplayer. I've never bought a COD game, so I can't say anything about the single player. In this kind of game, it's less the mechanics you want to change and more the settings/story. I mean, that's why I like PD, it's more GoldenEye gameplay. A little innovation is nice, a lot isn't when you're a fan.

(I guess it's heresy, but the COD-inspired gameplay in the GE Wiimake felt surprisingly appropriate. Yes, it was an entirely different style of gameplay, but it so obviously draws on features that GE invented in the first place that it kind of felt like the gameplay came full circle. Aim mode became iron sights. More damage/instant kill melee on unalerted targets became melee takedowns on unalerted targets. Infinitely spawning guards became infinitely spawning guards that yell things in English with Russian accents. I've said it before, that game's biggest issues is level design, not mechanics. It was fun to see those mechanics plugged back into the Bond universe.)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: