ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Rom Images

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DiamondInAsperis
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Rom Images Reply with quote Back to top

How do you change the appearance of preset objects? For instance, there are 3 items, 81- Box of Shells (Shotgun Cartridges), 83- Box of shells (Magnum Rounds), and 84- Box of Shells (Golden Gun Bullets)...yet, they all have the shotgun shell image. How do I change JUST the 83-84 images? I uploaded a couple of custom BMPs for the golden bullets and magnum rounds, and placed them in the romimagesfull folder. Then opened the Image Editor, and filtered the magnum/golden gun bullet images, went to replace it, but it changed all the images. How do I set just that one?

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There's a nuiance here.
The objects in those entries are all clones of each other (or was it forced? I don't have my notes with me), so long story short they all use the same set of images.

After uploading your new images, you'll have to extract the objects, edit the image reference for the shells to use the id for one of your new images, then import the object back. That should do the trick.

(I'm really hoping it wasn't a shared object. Pretty sure that isn't the case, but if it were you'd have to clone and insert them as new entries.)

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I believe each one is its own model, which just happens to be identical for each. Same goes for the PP7, DD44 and ZMG magazines. So you could extract one, change up the image IDs, and inject it into the ROM.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Also there is a limit unfortunately. Crying or Very sad I ran into one with my Isla Sorna level. I had to stop inject images because the game simply crashed with too many image changes. So be careful and TEST your level each time you inject new stuff.

DiamondInAsperis
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Geah. Alright, between work and everything else, haven't found time. Just tried, and it's not working out. I need a step by step. I uploaded the images again. I opened the Image Editor, added a color image to the end of the rom, then wrote the rom with new images. Re-opened it, and the images aren't there. What gives. Can someone tell me the exact process I have to do to change the object images?

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wouldn't you need to replace existing images, instead of adding to end of rom? It should save once you write ROM, if reload.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Q-Lab Hacking Department All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: