ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Wanted: Brazilian GoldenEye Game...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:30 pm    Post subject: Wanted: Brazilian GoldenEye Game... Reply with quote Back to top

I've noticed we now have around three members from Brazil on the boards, and I thought one of them might be able to help me out here. I'm trying to collect different copies of GoldenEye from around the world. But one of the more difficult ones to track down is the Brazil release. If anybody here, from Brazil or otherwise (who has access to this version), could find a nice clean cartridge (free of stains, fading, writing, stickers, label tearing or scuffs), I'd love to get my hands on it. Let me know if this is something we could work out. I may have to do the same thing for the Australian releases, since most Aussies won't ship internationally.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

MJarcos
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well, I never had an N64, i only met Goldeneye a few years back. I found an old brazilian commercial of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uG0j2BOZdtU

Also has the translation I did for my language that one day I'll review it:

http://www.romhackers.org/modules/PDdownloads/singlefile.php?cid=23&lid=1038

yeah...

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

It's a bit off-topic, but here's something else great you could add to your collection...

https://twitter.com/martinhollis/status/423446361522970624

Thinking about it myself. My copy of GE doesn't really hold any sentimental value since it's not my original, though.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sadly, my copy is a little damaged by battery acid.

Awesome that he's a fan of Inform 7. It's brilliant the way that it works. The verbose inout/output for the portal tools were inspired by it.

Raijin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you speak of a Brazilian version of Goldeneye, you speak the language of the game or cartridges that were manufactured here in Brazil?
In Brazil there are no translated into our language games, at least not officially, but some N64 cartridges were manufactured here.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The main differences with the Brazilian release are on the cartridge stickers. Instead of the ESRB "T" for Teen logo, there's a "13+" warning. The Rareware logo is missing, and there's no text along the bottom. I imagine the rear sticker would also have non-english text on it, but I don't know if I've ever seen a shot of it. The ROM itself should be identical to the NTSC release.

If anybody has a copy they'd be willing to part with, or can get one where they live, let me know. Thanks.

Getting a copy autographed would be really nice. If there's anybody to have sign it, Hollis would be the man.

Raijin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only cartridge made ​​in Brazil that I have is the MK Trilogy 64. Do you want a copy of Goldeneye 64 autographed by whom? '-'
Give me your full name so I search, I can not remember xD

acceptable67

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm debating whether getting a cart signed by Martin will jack up the value. The fact that it would be signed in an era where the game is no longer in production and he no longer works for the company, I think it would be nothing more than a pretty (ok very) cool knick-knack. Only if he had stayed longer during the production of PD...

Seeing his name mentioned just reminds me how neat it was to see that he had joined this forum before and how grateful we must have been to have someone like that come here.

On another note - I cannot really believe I've been here for four years...

Last edited by acceptable67 on Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:51 pm; edited 3 times in total

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'd just like a clean Brazilian cartridge, without any special signatures or anything. Just in great condition. Hoping to get a complete collection of all the cartridges out there. I think there is seven (maybe eight), but I'm still searching around for others.

It's Martin Hollis who directed GoldenEye 007 for the N64. His autograph would be fantastic to have.

I really don't think an autograph on the cartridge would have a beneficial effect on the value. Sometimes a signature, especially without documentation to prove the authenticity, can lower the value of an item. It'd be great to have as a fan of the game, of course.

Raijin
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hm, thanks Wreck. Acceptable67, This guy even participated in that forum? LOL. Some story about it here on this page?

fredspider
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This seems a little hard to find a Brazilian copy even here in Brazil. My cartridge, for example, is an american version...

In Brazil we have a website called "Mercado Livre", like a brazilian version of eBay.

I guess the cartridge you want seems like this one:
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-533696977-007-goldneye-com-manual-nintendo-64-n64-_JM

The seller doesn't have the box and doesn't give a good description if the game still works.

If you want I can give a try (or any other brazilian fellows here) and ask questions for more information.

The converted price is around $30 US Dollars + shipping. I don't know how much it will cost to ship to US.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ah, I think that's the same site SubDrag linked me to before. That's definitely going to be the best place for anyone to find a copy. There's a few on there, but none are really in great condition. Some have clean front, but a bad back side, and others are the opposite way. If a really nice one comes along, I'd love to grab it. I'll bookmark the site and keep looking regularly. I have PayPal, so that's how I could send money to anyone here who might be kind enough to purchase one for me and ship it to my address once they receive it. I'd be extremely grateful.

I'm seeing even more of the updated bold "T" for Teen logo without the Player's Choice emblem on there. One even had the same back they use on the Brazlian carts. It's weird.

Edit: This one seems the best right now...
http://produto.mercadolivre.com.br/MLB-531759514-nintendo-64-007-goldeneye-nacional-_JM

A little bit of discolouration around the top and right whites of the front sticker, but quite good otherwise.

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm from New Zealand...it looks like mine actually.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a shot of the one sold in New Zealand and Australia...

The non-players choice version just doesn't have the emblem in the upper left or the "-1" after the "NUS-NGEP-AUS" in the bottom left-hand corner.

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah that's the NZ one - just when I was buying my N64 stuff years ago I found one that was odd so had to get it if you get what I mean - the label is pretty tatty however. I scoured it thinking it might be different (oh the naivety of being young! lol)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: