ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

How do I add Background Sounds in a Multiplayer Arena?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OmegaCop13
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 5:26 pm    Post subject: How do I add Background Sounds in a Multiplayer Arena? Reply with quote Back to top

Does anybody know how do I add Background Sound Effects in a Multiplayer Stage? I'm testing my new Background Sound Effect in the Temple Stage.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Are you playing another audio line via the assigned music or producing a sound effect at a location (like a Foley effect)?

If it's music, it wouldn't work; MP uses a somewhat different music scheme that doesn't work that way.

As for an effect, do it as a repeating effect at a location. Use a global action command and have an object or preset play the effect. You'll have to loop it and stick a 3 in there someplace. Don't try to target players.
Try to avoid using specific player triggers. MP was sort of fudged in, so it loops player numbers around in circles. There's no guarantee the player that triggered something will be the same one that experiences the event, or that the code will even be executing when they arrive at the location because another player has precedence.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

If you'll pm to remind me I have an action block you have to add to trigger sounds in the background. It's one I tested for AirForce One X. Sounds like the engine is rumbling. Wink. Some sounds work better than others depending on the length and latency when they loop. One sound I tested just clicked instead of really playing. Just really depends on the levels design and setup size I think too. Pm me or I ll forget. Lol. Multi

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 4:40 pm    Post subject: OMEGACOP: Sound Help File Reply with quote Back to top

Here buddy. Made this for you. It should give you a good example of how to use the sound block. Just change the sound to whatever you want. Patch the XDelta and load Temple. Sounds like hmmmm The Ark? You up for an adventure Indy? Wink Multi

http://download1326.mediafire.com/4cddwn17n6xg/14xtf91e28wpf8g/TEMPLE+w+SOUND+EFFECT+BLOCK.zip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: