ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Setting up for online GE, need help.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joey Coma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Setting up for online GE, need help. Reply with quote Back to top

So I've been a visitor to shooters forever for a while now, but Im a new member. I really want to play GE online and I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed trying to get set up. I have a few questions and would greatly appreciate any help.

First off, what emulator (and version) is most everyone playing with these days, and what plugins? From what I understand project64 doesn't work with online play, correct? Should I use Mupen64plus or a different version of Mupen? What other steps do I need to take to get set up?

Also, any help with getting Goldeneye X going would be great too. I've applied the PD XDelta patch to a proper MD5 verified version of PD, and tried to load it up using Project 64, but when I do I get this error:

Fatal error: Stopping emulation

Is this a problem with the project 64 emulator or did I do something wrong?

Thanks for your time and I want to say great work to everyone involved in this amazing new era of Goldeneye.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Recent PJ64 does have fantastic netplay with AQZ plugin as long as save file always shared.. if you or else can unblock an easy port TCP such as 1234 . Works for 4P too

Most are using the Mupen64++ method. Try finding decent latency Unknown serv0r (servers with much Emulinker crap just end games) , or do p2p (port 27886 UDP) . If you get Glide Napalm gfx plugin for it too can really shine, just make sure everyone's plugin selection matches, that or 3D8

As for running GE:X in PJ it needs settings try rightclick>Edit Game Settings , as far as I remember you must set 8MB and 16kbit

Joey Coma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks a ton for the tips. I've got Mupen++ going but I'm holding off on trying online until I can get an adapter for my n64 controller to usb. No way I'm even going to attempt playing with the crappy usb controller I currently have.

Got GEX working too.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Grateful

Look out for the Mayflash dual N64 adapter thru Amazon..

Mine's was even submerged in water a bunch (floor just had a SUPER leak early morning somehow) and both ports are still 100%

And if that's what you decide and get then make sure you run Windows' calibration firstly so you get your C buttons

Joey Coma
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Man, so glad to hear that. I literally ordered one through amazon (along with a snes adapter) 10 minutes ago. Then I read your post for the first time. Was a little worried that maybe I didn't decide on the right one but now I think I did. If I like it I'll definitely be ordering a second so I can play 4 player through my TV with friends.

On another note, I have an everdrive 64 on it's way and I can't wait. Ordered from retrogate and it shipped on the 28th. Hope it doesn't take forever to arrive, I know it can take weeks or more. Also going to order an sd2snes on Thursday. I'm really into snes hacks as well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Online And Emulation All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: