ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GEX 5C-i Official Patch Released! @ 03-11-14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Another sneak peek at the future of GoldenEye X!

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Rey

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Now that!! Is exactly what I have been waiting for on GE X! Actual reloading for the GE weapons and to actually see there hands when holding heavy weapons. Great work SIR!

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

YES !!! Now it's its own game ;] The purists will fret at this but as for me love love LOVE .. now this stands out GE:X is beyond a mod/port now

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Fan-smegging-tastic, as Rimmer would say (Red Dwarf)! Goldeneye X just gets better and better!

And thanks for the update, it's great knowing how GX is coming along.

Trevor

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OH MY GOD YESSS!

Im so glad you got it implemented.

Also, I completly agree with the 2 handed rifles, its just so much better and looks awsome.

Sub got Lights to work in MP so long as its 1P (Since lights crash P>1) so can you please make sure when the lights are added to single player levels like they have been to control, that you also add them to MP levels for use against bots.

For information, the only PD MP Level to have lights is skedar. They even spark which is awsome.

Trev

acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I second the thoughts regarding two-handed machine guns. Looks so much better with hands actually on the gun supporting it. Great pics, Wreck. Caverns is looking well.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 1:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The only thing about lights in multiplayer, is that you can end up fighting in the dark rather quickly. This may be the reason why Rare only put lights in the Ruins multi arena and nowhere else (though I did complete Car Park and a chunk of Pipes). SubDrag did manage to get the lens glare effect to show up while playing Combat Simulator in 1-P mode, but unfortunately the game doesn't like it when more players are present. So I'm a little torn on lights in MP to be honest. We'll have to see how it goes with future testing.

Working on getting some other weapons animating. Right now we are limited to using whatever Perfect Dark has to offer... as-is. Hopefully, as we continue to learn more, we'll be able to adjust hand positions to make things line up a little nicer.

Oh, and a minor note about that last screenshot, is that the fuel barrels now use their appropriate exploding style. I had thought the type was missing from PD, but it turns out I had somehow written down the wrong value and confused myself. It wasn't until looking at the explosion data that I found my error. Egg on my face there. Razz

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hottdamn, that looks f...... awesome. I am super glad you got the barrel mushroom explosion working, something sorely missed from GE.

Keep em coming Wreck!

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ok - quite frankly that's beyond impressive work there - it's kind of the last vestiges that GE really really needed to flesh it out and polish it! Seriously impressed and really good work there!

As for lens flares: they annoy the living sh*t out of me in computer games - some of the lens flare can be pretty gratuitous and if I could turn it off in standard PD I would. There aren't many lights that actually flare within the human eye, but cinema has kind of drifted towards overuse of flares.

Actually can we turn them off completely in PD? How much does it change performance?

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2014 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hm .. I thought the 'splosions were one and the same just about between GE007 and PD on me end o.0

zoinkity

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Does this mean an end to double AR33's and other admittantly evil, cheating doubles?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm glad you asked that, Zoinkity...

This is a tricky question.

GoldenEye allowed players to dual wield just about every weapon in the game (not counting grenades, mines, taser, and tank round). However, that didn't include multiplayer mode, where you were limited to only one of each.

Perfect Dark fell somewhere inbetween. While you could dual wield weapons in both the missions and Combat Simulator mode, not every gun gave you the option of being paired up. Any that were considered a heavy weapon, which required two hands to use efficiently due to size, weight and / or strong recoil, were restricted to singles.

One issue to point out, is if you have something like the K7 Avenger, where two hands are used to hold the weapon, you can not pair it up realistically. Why, do you ask? Because of the hand models. If you set the weapon to use doubles, you end up with four hands. Rare, to my knowledge, did not come up with a way to correct that. You can't lower your left hand off screen when attempting to equip the second of the pair. It remains in place, and additional hands are drawn. This would help to explain why at one time, guns like the AR34 could be dual wielded, but could not later on in development.

Any weapon that takes two hands to hold in third-person view, should be the same way in first-person (as well as the Rocket Launcher). This does lose the ability to use many of the doubles, but it also decreases their amazing destructive power in multiplayer mode. Anyone who has ever seen a Simulant running around with 2x RC-P90 can atest to how horrifyingly deadly they can be. Limiting these types of weapons to singles not only balances out a little better with GoldenEye's original multiplayer, it also takes away from the cheapness of players or Sims just spamming a level full of bullets or launched projectiles. Perfect Dark had their reasons for doing this, and everybody got along with it just fine. If players crave dual KF7's, there's another game you can still use them in. Wink

Dragonsbrethren
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow, very cool. I'm fine with losing the doubles (though it'll be disappointing in single player -- no more collection Xenia and Jaw's paired weapons or the AR33s from the Caverns secret), holding rifles with two hands looks great.

Reload animations are something I'm iffy on. If they're the same speed as the GoldenEye reloads, that's fine, but there's a certain oldschool coolness to just lowering the weapon offscreen to reload.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well... I suppose if you could assign the arm to single and then un-assign the arm for double then you could do an Arnold Schwartznegger Razz

There must be a way to do so at least.

EDIT : Oops, already answered above...
I totally aggree too by the way Smile

Yeah, the lense flares are what I mean in MP. I was sent a patch that enabled it if in CS and P <= 1.
I was very impressed with it, hence My suggestion.

MRKane:
Heh, While I take your argument and technically aggree, Human Eyes do not flare, I still love the effect because camera lenses do flare.
There are 2 ways to take FPS's, one is that its your own eyes, the other is that you are looking at a monitor (as you are) and that you are in direct control of your 'avatar' (to take a similarity from the movie scene) via a camera.

Lens flares also add ambiance and detail that especually the N64 can not make up for with texture/screen resolution.

You know, I suppose if you had enough support you could get a patch made that dissables the flares, just like, I myself re-enable the blur with PerfectGold in 21990 dialoge.

You know, I have a curiosity and while Im typing here I may as well ask here;
How do the necks and heads line up in PD?
In GE each body has a specific neck that while generic guard head fits, the femail head has different vert co-ords.
Then we come to special heads, Bond, Natalya, etc, they have more different vert points.

If these points dont line up, i.e. using a bond head on Russian Soldier, or generic guard on Bond, then they have an awfull hole at the least, worse still they head usually floats above the neck Or below the chest like the hunchback of nautra dam.

In PD (And GEX) we can easelly switch the heads and bodies.
Is there something that changed in the heads/necks? or is it that no-one has noticed the holes yet?

Trev

P.S. Dragon, the re-loads will be the same as PD.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One more glimpse at the updated weaponry...

And purring more than ever...

The heads and necks are a bit different in PD. One way you can tell visually in the game, is to have a character look straight down. In GoldenEye, your chin will go into your chest. In PD, it will not. They changed the way the two parts went together. I actually had to ask SubDrag to adjust the necks on the leftover PD bonus characters so that GoldenEye heads would sit on them correctly. The ported GE bodies remain the same as in the original, however.

There's also a setting that offsets how the head sits on a body, as well. In 39850 menu's Model Editor tab, you'll see a "Vertical Alignment" option. Male and female are different, as well as some other characters. It's been awhile, but I believe I did away with the differences (all using male values), so that men and women scould swap without being too high or low on the necks.

I imagine there will be gaps with certain combos, especially for those bodies who used to have their heads embedded in the file (such as Valentin or Jaws).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: