ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GEX 5C-i Official Patch Released! @ 03-11-14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
acceptable67

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Unknown Bug Identified Reply with quote Back to top

OmegaCop13 wrote:
I have reported to Subdrag that there is an unknown bug in Virtual Reality that when you attempt to load a new saved VR Match. Watch the video below this reply:

http://speedy.sh/KkEMW/bandicam-2014-03-10-20-32-37-451.avi

I believe someone has already reported this to Wreck in which he should have a fix out soon.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the report, OmegaCop. I was informed of this late last night by stlntxtrs, as well. SubDrag has already made a fix for it, and I'll be uploading a new zip folder with updated patches tonight. There's also a couple of other minor adjustments made to levels. I'll let everyone know what those are when I edit the main post in a little while.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, I just want to mention you did not put in the metal and the other bullet impact textures in the tank rooms in Facility. The elevator in Caverns also seems to have a missing impact texture in the top lights. The water in Caverns is missing the splash impact texture. And it seems that the second metal impact texture is missing from GE. Is there anyway possible you can put it back in?

I don't think you ever mentioned this on your release notes but it looks like you corrected the explosion impacts to how they were in GE. Now it seems the explosions can go through walls a bit more. Very Happy

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

hello again. since errors are you talking about, I wonder if this is a bug or is it an adaptation for VR mode? in the Facility level, coming out of the bathroom, the first door leading to the stairs opens in the opposite direction than it does in GE.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Certain doors were changed around, either the side on which they open from, or making them always open away from the person operating it. This is an attempt to improve Simulant performance. It is very easy for them to get stuck on swinging doors. You should have seen how bad they were when using the original door data in Archives.

I am aware of many of the bullet impact issues you've brought up, and there's an explaination for some.

The tankers in Facility are an interesting thing. They aren't actually built inside the rooms, but are rooms themselves. Special visibility to allow them to be seen is setup for them on each side of the grey hallway. For some strange reason, PD doesn't play the hit sound effect on anything that is rendered that way. You may see the impact overlay image, but there is no sound at all.

The water in Caverns should have a water splash effect on it. Sometimes it is very difficult to see, especially because of the colouration of the texture.

That ceiling light in the elevator I have also noticed. It's fighting for position with the ceiling, and usually loses (when it comes to shooting at it). It may need to be lowered by a unit or two when we start doing the missions.

In PD, they changed the metal impact image to be a unique one, while GE007 randomized between two different ones. I changed it over to use one of those two. I'm not sure if the same setup can be done. Very minor loss, though.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Patch 5c-i is now available to download. It fixes the issue of the custom game settings freezing the game, and does a little bit more. Jungle has its plantlife in it, Archives VR has correctly sized doors, and some hats can be seen worn in the Defection mission.

If any other bugs are found, definitely post.
Hopefully we can deal with it as quickly as this one.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Thanks for the fixes, I'll download it when I get home. I haven't found any bugs in 5c, and I've played a fair bit of multiplayer (just against the sims), which has all been flawless so far.

You no doubt know about these, but (a) the first level of the single player campaign (Dam) doesn't have the Dam level, you instead start on the roof of the dataDyne tower, and (b) if you try to load the Statue level then the game crashes.

It's great seeing weather in the single player levels, Runway especially looks great with snow, but aside from Jungle (which looks great with the rain) what other levels will have rain? I'd suggest Statue and Depot. It would be nice to have rain in Streets and Archives too (well, outside the windows of Archives, of course) as that way it would be one long chunk of bad weather, but if there is still that limit to how many levels can have rain then please just put rain in Jungle, Statue, and Depot.

By the way, why are the window shutters in Train all closed? Is that because of a lack of moving scenerey? It's not a real problem, as it does add a confined, claustrophobic atmosphere to the level, which makes it feel more intimidating, and unless there is a good, convincing moving landscape viewable from the windows then it might be best to leave the shutters permanently closed.

Last edited by Kerr Avon on Wed Mar 12, 2014 8:31 am; edited 1 time in total

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've tried the patch and corrected by the moment there is no freak on. the only thing unusual is that this time has changed the vegetation of the jungle and the rain forgot. the reaction of hats in GEX is surprising.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

SATURN_81 wrote:
I've tried the patch and corrected by the moment there is no freak on. the only thing unusual is that this time has changed the vegetation of the jungle and the rain forgot. the reaction of hats in GEX is surprising.

Does that mean the rain has been removed from v5-i Jungle level? PLEASE don't leave it out of the finished level, as it is really atmospheric.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yep you guys are right. It does look like the rain in jungle is now gone. Wreck will it be possible some day you can fix the metal bullet impact texture to include the secondary sound?

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The tunes are fantastic Smile It's almost all there some chimes/jingles and stuff if I recall are just quiet but all the deeeep basses are there Cool

Say what's the new song that plays when roaming around the institute ? lol

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

D'oh! When I updated the Jungle setup/pads to include the plantlife, I forgot that it also requires an Action Block to get the rain working. So now you've got trees and foliage, but no weather effects. If we end up doing another 5c release patch, this will be corrected.

Yes, the Dam will likely be one of the last levels ported over. It's a nightmare when it comes to portals and visibility. That's why it, and levels like Statue and Streets, are not present as of yet. I wasn't aware that Statue crashed the game. I'll have to see what stage it was supposed to load.

There is a limit on how much weather we can use, and Sub already had to extend it for what we've got. Only one level will have rain, not only because of the super tight space we have to work with, but also since we don't want to overdo it and use the effect so often that it loses it's appeal. It never rained at all in the film, and even using it once kind of goes against that.

The shutters in Train are just however Rare designed them originally. You're right about there being no moving scenary in the background, so you just see empty sky. I don't know if there is any way to add that sort of thing in and make it feel realistic in the PD engine.

That song is "The Experience of Love", which was the end titles track from the film. A guy who goes by ZMG88 did it specifically for the mod.

Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Going off of what I posted in the last thread, on top of reloading animations, is there a consideration to include secondary weapon functions? It just seems like wasted screen space with almost all weapons having only one function and there being a green square being next to the ammo bars when it could be used for something creative. Making the pistols have a whip function, bringing back the disarm function, and maybe something like combining the D5K and the D5K (silenced) into one weapon and having the secondary function be a silencer. Perhaps I'm being a little too ambitious but perhaps it's possible and it also would add that extra layer of game play to the game.

AstroBomber
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just some observations. It looks like the eyelid doors in Caverns do not close all the way. This doesn't really bother me much. In fact, I think it's kind of cool that we can see who is opening the iris doors from the little open lid that's present. Mistamontiel is right about the chimes/jingles. In Cradle there is a certain "DAAAA" instrument you hear after the first beats are ending right before it starts playing the tune. I can hear it more clearly/louder in 5b but not in 5c. Surface II also supposed to hear more of the scary "AAH OOOH AAH AH, OH OH AH AH" chorus clearly. There is also an eriee buzz noise surrounding the deep bass line. It is obviously present in Control and Jungle.
If you do decide on releasing update to 5c-i can you possibly add bullet impact textures to the metal pipes and cones in both tank rooms in facility at least? Also there is a pipe like thing in the water in caverns that uses a bullet impact texture. Also noticed on the monitor animations in Statue are shown but flicker. Depending on what video plugin you use they may or may not be visible at all. Can the flicker be fixed though?
Was wondering will it be possible to rename Space Race to either Thunderball or Diamonds are Forever? You got Moore and Dalton's movie titles why not a Connery one like in GE64?
And maybe you can fix the mess up with the focus pill pick up wordings.
I just remembered Wreck, you showed us the display and use of lights on levels like Janus Control Center. How come they are not present now? And can the Subterranean Caverns have lights too?

Trevor

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Last Night I tested GEX... its amazing and I love Control. I also noticed the lights in facility to match the walls* (cant wait for flare to be added to those too)

The footsteps are just so brilliant, so much so that on sections of stans without sound its so weird to just float along.

Doors... I LOVE THE IRIS return. Caverns wouldnt have been right without it.

I finally found the ceiling fan. Its awsome, even the shadow spins *drool* (I would like to redo the ceiling though, the z-order is out for one thing, but a higher res fan wouldnt go a miss either Razz)

The project is comeing along so well. Im glad xome UI has been learned and still wait to see what else could be achived (NSNA Style multi-pages folder hahahaha)

Someone complained about surface?
Why, its a pre-view and I for one am so glad that all the levels are present in their current form as it provides avisible progress instead of an update with nothing new noticable.

The addition of 16"The Experience of Love" is a nice touch, is it selectable in MP?

Can I ask, has anyone tried yet to replace the holo-arm with the arm&Watch?
I may have asked a long time ago, but I thought Id ask again since by now you know so much more (Just as we do for GF)

While people are reporting bugs I may as well state that the water animation is missing from caverns. I noticed it imediatly with having helped sub on it for GF Swimming Pool.

Anyway, Great job, GE in Hi-Res really looks awsome. Also someone pointed out its faster, I definatly aggree, but then I guess no guards yet.

Trev

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 2 of 11

Jump to: