ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GEX 5C-i Official Patch Released! @ 03-11-14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trevor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2014 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Agreed, we dont need to use Auto/Single modes since GE/PD have all 3 already selectable.
3 round Burst = Pull trigger and imediatly let go.
Single = Hold L/R and pull trigger and imediatly let go.
Auto = Hold Trigger : Hold L/R+Trigger

So... the more we delve into the secondary scilenced the more problems we find... so its looking more likly we use my second idea, which if you read between the line = Normal, the only change is level start assignment and change animation (Once created)

Advantages in Secondary Scilenced:
- Accessable once weapon obtained, If you want better accuriacy simply switch.
- 2 extra gun slots (Maybe not an advantage, just depends)

Disadvantages in Secondary:
- No 3rd person switch
- Sims not use
- Always available even if you dont start with it (assumed packed) but pick one up off a guard
- If Scilenced Selected, on mission change or MP respawn, your next PPK/MP5 will already be suppressed. While mission change isnt a problem, Certian missions are, e.g. archives (ok, add the scilencer model to the table) any other missions? Or is this problem actually just multi only? As far as I remember, Archives is the only mission you dont start with the PPK available?

Advantage of seperate weapons:
- 3rd person reflects weapon status
- sims can choose based on rank v availability (although my Alternative suggestion would actually make this advantage NA and no different to secondary)
- Cycle is always in Weapon order.
- Suppressed can be assigned or not at mission start, i.e. its always re-set from players secondary preference.

Dissadvantage of Seperate weapons:
- ...?

Ok, so I think this might have just been answered provided that the following is true:
Missions starting with Scilenced PPK/MP5 ALSO have normal in inventory.
Changing to a scilenced version induced a quick animation much like the laptop gun (except putting on a scilencer once we make the ani hahaha) and likewise switching away reverses the animation (again like laptop gun)

Trev

Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Honestly, I think they're just fine as they are. I don't see a point in crowbaring a feature into a game engine that never even implemented such a thing to begin with. Especially If PD had them as separate weapon slots for the silenced variants. I also don't see a benefit to this either. Any single-player levels that benefit from stealth would already hand them to you from the start of the level and any other levels make the silenced feature unnecessary so ultimately it would go unused. Besides, the pistol whip function is much more useful for stealth anyway. The only weapon I could see having it implemented is the D5K simply because I don't know what other secondary function it would have.

I was also thinking, since the Sniper Rifle in Goldeneye becomes your unarmed weapon when it's in your inventory, would it be possible to make that the secondary weapon function? I'm on the fence about that one though since crouching with it is beneficial and would probably be used more often.

Trevor

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With regard to the sniper rifle, I Prefere PDs crouch since to do so in ge requires switching weapons and then switching back.

Crouch actually increases accuriacy since the sight does not sway.

I took a quick look at animations. Im sure it could be relativly easy to make the scilencer animation for PrimaryEquip and PrimaryUnEquip at a future date. As I said before this would be very similar to the laptop gun in timing (59 Frames).

Trev

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That is probably the best idea for showing an animation for the silenced weapons, without breaking or needing to update quite a bit of other stuff. Though I'm still not totally sold on it. Everytime you'd equip the weapon, you'd have to watch the animation. And each time you switch to something else, you'd see the removal animation. This is both time consuming and repetitive. I think it would take away from the "coolness" of seeing it happen, as you're forced to view it and wait for it to complete many, many times. If you, or somebody else, can set it up, I'd be interested to see how it performs.

This also makes these weapons less desirable in multiplayer (Virtual Reality). A silencer already serves no practical use there as it is, and now they would be both less accurate and slower to equip and put away.

Sniper rifle strike would certainly be neat, but I do like the Crouch function. As Trevor pointed out, because you use the C buttons to zoom, you can't crouch on your own while the gun is equipped. That was always a bit of an annoyance in GoldenEye, so it was nice that PD did something about it.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Trevor

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was speaking to Sub and he informed me that the animations in the PD side of PerfectGold are very incomplete since each animation refrences several models unlike GE Guard ani's. While I could rig something in an8 as a preview, importing into GEX will not be for a while yet.

On the grounds of Timings and repetitivness, I could ask, whats your view on the laptop gun? Do you or do you not like how its set up, with the animation every time it equips? (personally I like it Smile )

Also, having just discussed how secondary remembers settings and so the animation wouldnt play, I think we all agreed this would be bad. (Along with all the other gameplay problems)

Having a really quick animation (Could be quicker than laptop gun if nessesary, <59Frames ) on seperate scilenced and non scilenced weapon slots really does solve all the problems, while being cool and not introducing any new problems or changing the feel of GEX.

haha yeah multiplayer, who would want to use it anyway? unless its the first gun you pick up and have to use.

With the sniper, I guess its a pitty it didnt have a Tertiary Function Razz

I think Ive covered everything, Im not feeling that great so appologies if anything doenst make sence.

Trev

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

OMG. Why didn't they talked about that on the TV news ?! This is some great, great improvements.

Animations when reloading was one of my most hyped feature and I'm so glad (and grateful) you managed to get it works. It looks stunning.

Oh and pistol whip on all pistols is more than awesome. It was one of the best thing PD added. My friends and I only played pistols, and I always play with silenced PP7 just for roleplay sake Mr. Green

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to get back to weapons, but we did manage to sort out some other things recently, mostly to do with sound effects...

The bullet impacts for type "HIT_METAL" originally used three sound effects randomly in GoldenEye. However, Rare dropped one of them in PD. What you were left with was only two sounds that were practically identical. The missing one, a deeper metallic effect, has since been put back in. It wasn't hugely noticeable, but was pointed out by at least one person in the past.

Door sound effects have all been updated. While a few matched GoldenEye either very closely or were indistiguishable by ear, about half were replaced with brand new sounds. All of the originals have been put in, and levels that were previously using improper door sounds have since been corrected (in VR that included Bunker ii and Caverns).

TH126
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wow! The animations are looking awesome. Keep up the great work, it is coming together very nicely.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2014 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I call shotgun!

So here's the deal with these two. They're both now two-handed weapons, which means your left hand is used to hold the shotgun by the pump. That also means no more dual-wielding. GoldenEye didn't do much to make the variations feel any different from eachother, even though one was supposedly automatic. To utilize the features available in Perfect Dark, and to also make each shotgun unique, this is how they work. When you fire the regular shotgun, you pump the gun to ready the next shell. However, you only need to pump the automatic version once while loading the shells into the weapon. Reloading is the same as Perfect Dark. Hand placing shells up inside, one at a time. Some may complain that it took too long to reload in PD, but remember that these shotguns have only half the capacity. It may also be possible to speed up the animation slightly, but I don't want it to look off. So the "good, cool" shotgun in GE that is used in both the mission campaign and multiplayer remains the same, but with the new reloading method. It's just the cheat option only one that is now more like PD's version.

Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Perhaps this is a good excuse to differentiate the two a little. Have the regular one have the two round burst from PD and then have the automatic one with a secondary function that allows faster fire rate when the Z trigger is held down but as a result the gun becomes more inaccurate.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Those gun animations look fantastic, Wreck!
I thought it was impossible to use PD reload animations in GE guns and that you'd have to find a way to create your own animations, hehe.

Good thinking about differenciating the two shotguns. It felt weird in the original GE having two weapons that behaved excatly the same.

Keep up the good work!

Trevor

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I completly agree, they look awsome and work great.

"Have the regular one have the two round burst from PD and then have the automatic one..."
How exactly is this even remotly fesable?

First its a pump action, meaning the cartriges have to be loaded each time by the pump.
Secondly it only has 1 barrel so you cant even use that excuse.

The Automatic by the way simply means that instead of your arm pumping the shotgun, gasses inside the barrel are passed to a chamber where they push the 'pump' "Automaticly"
What this does mean is that it can fire as fast as you can pull the trigger.
You could have a trigger configuration however that allows for Full Auto.
This would be good hahaha

(yes, the difference between semi and full auto in any gun is the trigger mechanism. In Semi the trigger pulls a lever which lets the firing pin go. the lever is re-set only when you let go.
In full Auto, the lever is re-set after firing pin is re-cocked. since you still have the trigger pulled it fires again. (Well, to put it simply hahaha))

Trev

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have to say I really like the new animations, but I do not see GEX will then be as goldeneye, ie: I like GEZ is like goldeneye long as this does not involve sacrifices (as in this case the sacrifice of doubles) weapons, I am among those who think GEX 2 weapons in each hand at multiplayer has managed to increase the playability and fun rather than decrease. do not know if I explained well yet, but what I mean is that this change I like novelty, ie the discovery of knowing that animations can be applied to new weapons with some inmaginacion, which siginifica the editor can welcome new mods from other shooters thus increasing chances. therefore it I would like to make a proposal that would consist of making two distinct patches on GEX henceforth and ue each be appointed by renamed, one referring to retro or original style goldeneye, and the other with the latest news and changes (in this case goldeneye animations for weapons that do not have). These names for the patch may be:

Original or Retro Goldeneye X: it will consist of a patch to be as faithful as possible to goldeneye in regards to weapons and game engine.

Goldeneye X Arcade: This may be a patch to include changes like adding new weapons animations goldeneye. so players can know that this is the same but GEX novelties.

Trevor

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"patch to be as faithful as possible to goldeneye in regards to ... game engine. "
I find your statement odd and frankly have one responce to you... go and Play GoldenEye.

Also, you mention about not being able to use doubles in MP.... Did you ever play GE MP? GE does NOT support doubles in MP (Due to some technicality about screen positions or something)
So, with this in mind, how are you losing anything? The fact is you are Gaining so much more (Double Pistols thanks to Rare fixing the bug, Animations, AI, Multi-Music, Customisable Characters, Player Stats... etc... etc)

Still, To pull one positive out from your comment, at least you like the animations, or at least the idea of being able to make custom gun ports use them.

Trev

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Begeezus! Had to screw my eyeballs back in with that one! I'm really impressed with the shotgun reload - it's delightfully "natural" Very Happy

Pertaining to weapon balancing etc I'll stick with the comment I've always had: keep the creative juices going and make the game you want to play - don't worry about anything else!

Super good work Wreck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11

Jump to: