ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GEX 5C-i Official Patch Released! @ 03-11-14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With the amount of work it is taking to set these weapons up to use animations, it would be a huge step backward to create a separate patch that keeps the weapons more like they were in the original game. It's more than just the weapon model, but the functions and gun setup in the 39850 index file, Simulant usage and preferences, as well as other hardcoded ID's. I would need to change everything back to how it was in patch 5-i, just for a handful of purists who don't like too much change.

Besides, once you've actually taken the updated weapons out for a spin, I think you'll really like them. Even SubDrag, who had his own reservations on some of these changes, will say how weird it feels to use an unmodified GoldenEye gun and not have it use a new reloading animation. It's very out of place. It's more so seeing two hands on weapons you're so used to seeing without any hands that takes a little longer to warm up to. Little changes, big impact!

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Dylan
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh great, thanks for making me want to play it even more........jerk Wink Razz

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

With all these AAA titles coming out and all the media hype built around them i think im still more hyped for This next release, Looking Great Guys!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
It's more so seeing two hands on weapons you're so used to seeing without any hands that takes a little longer to warm up to. Little changes, big impact!

I'm confident that I'm used to it already Very Happy
It's so much better.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

No more flipping back and forth to quick reload, eh?

If anyone were that gung-ho about no animations they could write it out. In the end it has to be the patch you want, not everyone else.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yeah, if you know what you're doing, it wouldn't be hard to kill the animations used by weapons for reloading or special firing styles. I've even thought about doing it for Perfect Dark, but didn't know as much then as we do now.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Any updates to Goldeneye X to report, please?

And in a couple of months it'll be a year since the last releases, so....

(No pressure! ). Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: