ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GEX 5C-i Official Patch Released! @ 03-11-14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I removed various areas from Cradle, and got rid of different aesthetic details, in an attempt to improve the overall performance of the level. It did do quite a bit of good, but there's still issues. I just learned from another user that the map can crash in Hi-Res mode, when playing with all eight Simulants and a perfect cocktail of Proximity Mines and such. That level has already required a good amount of work to get going, though there's still more to go.

Here's some minor updates...

Drone Guns and Surveillance Cameras have been documented well enough to allow us to recreate them in GEX missions. Both types use the same data as the original game, but was reorganized in the blocks. I'm still not totally sure on the camera "detection" value, but that shouldn't be hard to sort out. Also, strangely enough, Rare didn't have any of the PD cameras pan to the right. I thought they might have changed the format a bit, but it turns out that they simply didn't use the right pan. Almost as though they weren't totally sure on how to utilize them. They are only in three missions, after all.

Clipping files have been split up by types (wall, floor, railing, etc.), to make them easier to edit whenever a problem is found. I've corrected a Turbo Mode related issue that AstroBomber pointed out in Facility, and have been adjusting various things.

I've been porting and optimizing the pads (positions used by objects and characters) for a bunch of GE missions, which will help to get the setup files rolling along. Would you believe that all of the trees and plants in Jungle face the same angle? There's so many, I guess you'd never notice it.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hope the surveillance cameras and alarms work the same way as GE , when the camera detects a player will come out lots of guards (not if the number of guards becomes infinite in GE). other levels as Archives generate infinite guards when using silenced weapons, I would like this feature of the Archives level was incorporated at other levels to improve the difficulty , fun and entertainment with each level, for example in the Facility level would be nice to use this feature in most of the level, and not only in the halls of bottling. Other levels as Cradle and use infinite Egyptian guards from the beginning without activation of cameras and alarms.

Wreck if not with current knowledge can be ported to the IA GE GEX , may your knowledge and the possibilities are greater than when I start this project.

Considering PD AI remain no resistance as in health noises generated guards , alarms and cameras. these guards have to give them two shots to the head to die and are quite resilient in health , and very hard to kill , especially in levels , Surface, Bunker 1 and 2, Caverns, Cradle , and Egyptian . Wreck if not with current knowledge can be ported to the IA GE GEX .

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"I removed various areas from Cradle, and got rid of different aesthetic details, in an attempt to improve the overall performance of the level."
I understand the need to optimize levels to improve performance for the console, but what about those of us who not only use flashcarts but use emulators? I am concerned that the levels are going to be virtually "neutered" and void of their original flavor from their original counterparts. Is there a possibility of just like there is a cloud and cloudless version, to have a console version and another one for those of us who use emulators, where performance is not an issue? That way nothing gets deleted from the original single player level content.

Just throwing that out there.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is a bit of an "engine ceiling" (at least I think there is as I've clouted my metaphorical head on it a few times) but aside from that it's not a bad idea.

In saying that also, I believe that this is inherently a new product and give full creative freedom to the people making it...with only one real suggestion: Have you played "Black"? Yeah that Wink

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I actually do test a lot with emulators, as well. Not that I have a super high-end computer, but probably one that performs around the "norm" of N64 emulation. So if I run into issues, either console or on my PC, I either try to optimize the map, or scrap it. There's a good reason why Rare decided to pull Statue and Cradle from multiplayer before the game was released: framerate issues and blackouts (when rooms fail to load, due to too much being rendered on screen at once). That's why Archives Backzone didn't make it into GEX's Virtual Reality mode. The performance was very poor.

And trust me - these changes you've seen to levels like Frigate and Cradle in VR mode, will not be present in the actual mission. It's all in an attempt to get some extra stages into good enough shape to allow multiple players and some bots to battle it out in additional environments.

Anyone who has experience making custom multiplayer levels in either GoldenEye or Perfect Dark can try their hand at new setups using the maps found in the mission campaign. Not all of them are fully fleshed out, but it is definitely enough to get them started.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck:
while you have the 1.6 version of Project unpatched you can not do this.
considering that the game Perfect Dark yy GEX first patch (maybe even the second patch) can still be done using the camspy, drugspy, BomSpy, night vision, infrared vision and teledirgidos rockets.

Project64 1.6.1 if used if call back to see all that, but from the second patch something happened and we could not see more with camspy, drugspy, BomSpy, night vision, infrared vision and teledirgidos rockets. Goldeneye appear even play with clouds.

I would like to ask if you're doing a version for console and one for emulators, if you can recover these features in version of emulators because they were lost from the first or second patch.

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Although I don't know for sure, I believe you need to edit the .rdb file, to match GoldenEye X's new ROM crc. Perhaps there's a video plugin file to edit too.

Perhaps:

[4C3BB3E7-24FB6E5F-C45]
Good Name=GoldenEye X Clouds Version (U) (v5c-i)
Internal Name=GoldenEye X
RDRAM Size=8
Counter Factor=2
Save Type=16kbit Eeprom
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Protected Memory
Reg Cache=Yes
Use TLB=Yes
Use Large Buffer=Yes
Linking=Off
Status=Compatible
Core Note=high system requirement
Plugin Note=
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Clear Frame=2
Resolution Width=-1
Resolution Height=-1
Culling=1
Audio Signal=No

[BCF26F59-B5CE50B9-C45]
Good Name=GoldenEye X Cloudless Version (U) (v5c-i)
Internal Name=GoldenEye X
RDRAM Size=8
Counter Factor=2
Save Type=16kbit Eeprom
CPU Type=Recompiler
Self-modifying code Method=Protected Memory
Reg Cache=Yes
Use TLB=Yes
Use Large Buffer=Yes
Linking=Off
Status=Compatible
Core Note=high system requirement
Plugin Note=
Delay SI=No
SP Hack=No
Clear Frame=2
Resolution Width=-1
Resolution Height=-1
Culling=1
Audio Signal=No

G14Classified
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck:

Yes sorry I meant details from single player levels being cut out for VR, for example in the latest release on the VR aztec level I noticed some details were cut out especially in the room with the columns. Aesthetic details like that.

Also I did not know that there were also blackouts present in emulation, that I understand but framerate issues with pistolgrips 1964? I am curious.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Yes, I did cut out some of the columns in the area with the bridge. That area could be hard on framerate, so I tried to optimize it a bit by cutting out the second row from each side. It did help a decent amount. The other thing removed was the stone next to the vent that is supposed to lead into the launch area. This structure shortened the distance between the walking floor and the drop off, and I was worried that Sims may have issues falling down. It actually used up a lot of polygons, too.

My PC isn't really very high-end, so emulation doesn't give a great performance for me. I still like to make sure everything runs well on the actual N64 console, since devices like the ED64 are becoming more and more popular.

Fillerthefreak
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck. Will the Golden PP7, Silver PP7, and the Golden Gun have their beautiful metal lighting effects in the final?

They just feel so... empty without them.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm, I'm not quite sure what you mean exactly. Each of the three weapons, as well as the Cougar Magnum, have the environment mapping effect on them. The silver and gold textures "move" as you do, just like in the original game. Same for the Knife weapon. Maybe, if you're playing with emulation, something is not rendering properly? I know they don't appear correctly in the inventory menu for some strange reason, but they should be fine during gameplay while equipped. Unless there is something else you're refering to?

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
Hmm, I'm not quite sure what you mean exactly. Each of the three weapons, as well as the Cougar Magnum, have the environment mapping effect on them. The silver and gold textures "move" as you do, just like in the original game. Same for the Knife weapon. Maybe, if you're playing with emulation, something is not rendering properly? I know they don't appear correctly in the inventory menu for some strange reason, but they should be fine during gameplay while equipped. Unless there is something else you're refering to?

Pretty stoked to see what's in the next release bro. Cool Glad you have help with remodeling stuff so things will work. Keep the spirits!

Jonaeru
Secret Agent
Secret Agent

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have fun GEX! Thank you!
I posted the video.
http://youtu.be/yrtOlYQKjfs

I have a question. It is possible to hack that Accuracy medal and Headshot medal can get even if playing alone?

MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm happy to see this project is still continuing. Goldeneye is still the best FPS even after 15 years. Call of Duty and Halo don't stand a chance. 007 forever!

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MJ Bond wrote:
I'm happy to see this project is still continuing. Goldeneye is still the best FPS even after 15 years. Call of Duty and Halo don't stand a chance. 007 forever!

COD should just release a goldeneye mod that they create off the original. It would sell MILLIONS of copies. Make it an exact port over to COD's game engine using it's physics. I think it would look really nice and update the graphics without taking from the gameplay.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 4 of 11

Jump to: