ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

GEX 5C-i Official Patch Released! @ 03-11-14
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
One of our big hurdles toward the mission campaign has been taken care of!

As some of you may know, the Streets level isn't made up entirely of background data. In fact, the bulk of it actually consists of props. The room area itself is empty, with only clipping and portals connecting everything together.

Don't spoil the magic! We prefer to imagine those buildings are full of people, doing their jobs and living their lives...

You'll be telling me next that the very attractive women in the spam e-mails don't really want to have sex with me! Crying or Very sad

Quote:

Because of the way PD works, you need to have room boundaries determined for each room. So, banging our heads together, SubDrag and I came up with a solution. I give him far more credit, as he put everything into practice and fixed the darn Streets.

Also, I did up the pads for three more missions tonight (includes Streets). That only leaves four more to do, which I hope to get done over the weekend. Closer to the missions we come!

Brilliant! I'm really looking forward to playing through the single player campaign, and also to noticing the little differences and improvements that you've put in (either deliberately or because of the inflexibilities of Perfect Dark's engine).

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Quote:
You'll be telling me next that the very attractive women in the spam e-mails don't really want to have sex with me! Crying or Very sad

Shocked WOW Kerr. Here's a better place for that sort of thing. Laughing

http://www.pof.com/

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Let's try not to turn this thread into a singles looking for fun discussion. Thank you! Wink

Dam...
That will most likely be the last one to deal with. It has so many special visibility commands - even some which may not be operational in PD - that it's going to take a lot of time trying to sort out. If only that data would have worked as-is between games. Rare just had to go and tweak a little bit of everything during development. Some for the better, some the worse.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Here's a little glimpse into some mission maps...

Yes, I know. No enemies appear in those shots. We're mainly testing to make sure all the props (doors, boxes, items, other objects) are showing up where they're supposed to. I'm sure we'll have more to show off - with some bad guys running about - fairly soon.

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The Runway snow looks great! Only thing I worry now is if you can maintain the right framerate for the levels after the guards and other needed props have been added.

SATURN_81
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

it looks pretty good these new levels and can not wait to try them. these three levels shown in the photos are of generating infinite guards goldeneye, I also hope that I can now have infinite guards GEX.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Oh man now that's really bad *ss stuff there Wreck. That's a neat way to get weather effects to work in GE by just having it in perfect dark. I may have to get involved and help mod out the other Solo maps as multis in a separate bonus patch or something. Pm me and let me know how I can help if that sounds like something that would interest you. Nice work!!

goldengreg007
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Haven't been checking this forum in a while, great to see it's still moving along and you're getting into single player now! Very Happy Keep up the great work, I'm really looking forward to getting to try all of this.

MJ Bond
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't come here often either, but Goldeneye is in heart and spirit every day. I hope for the day my friend buys a computer so I can trash him up and give a warm welcome back to the game he never should have left. I sure didn't leave.

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MultiplayerX wrote:
Quote:

Shocked WOW Kerr. Here's a better place for that sort of thing. Laughing

http://www.pof.com/

Err, thanks, but I was joking!

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wink I figured but just in case.....We've all been single heh Laughing

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

l0l0l0l

CtrlP
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: No briefing for this mission Reply with quote Back to top

So maybe I am not aware of something... but only these Missions are available-

Mission 1: Byelomorye Dam,
Mission 6: St. Petersburg/City Streets,
and Extra Assignments: The Duel. ?

All other mission say "no briefing for this mission" and when I start the map/stage they are empty with no missions or NPC's.

Is this normal? are these the only missions currently available? just making sure Smile I'm new to the scene, any help would be appreciated.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to Shooters! Smile

You should be able to select any of the mission levels, though only a few from Perfect Dark remain. The others, which don't show a briefing or objectives, are empty stages. There aren't any objects or characters to interact with at this time, but you can still navigate the maps and see some of the new effects. Things like snow in Runway, a spinning fan in Archives, and the sun in Frigate. Some of the GoldenEye levels weren't introduced into the most recent patch (version 5C-i), but will be in the future. A few are still being improved, as well. This is just a preview of what is to come for GoldenEye X. All missions should be fully supported down the road. Until then, the Virtual Reality mode can offer up a lot of game time.

Thanks for playing!

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

On the pictures above. I don't think the color should be that orange brown for the ammo and shots. To me at least, that does not match the scenery.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye X All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 6 of 11

Jump to: