ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

My reset button jammed again :|

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistamontiel

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject: My reset button jammed again :| Reply with quote Back to top

So I have had this refurbished translucent puppy for a good three years now. My launch N64 would keep resetting games without the button being in.. I thought it bit the dust and I just dumped it Embarassed

I have been rocking this one out with 64drive too, but really needs Reset for saving. I stumbled into Micro-64 site recently (THANK YOU KERR !!) and I am blown away. Banjo-Tooie is cracked !!! JFG too though haven't noticed protection ? It always fired up for me but I did get STUMPED at spawn lol..

Aweeeesome cracktros too. Dextrose has done a terrific job

So YEH !!! No more shuffling my carts around. But for no reason my Reset button jammed. It was smooth as butter but now I just can't make it reset. Saving or 99% of it does NOT work with power off/on for sure. Should I be wreckless and find two of the thinnest pieces of metal to pry it up and out ? Or hunt down Nintendo's screwdriver to sh*t myself once it's open ?

Cheers

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You could add an external reset switch, as in;

http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?43538-I-want-to-add-an-external-reset-switch-to-the-N64

though of course this still necessitates opening the console, and some (very minor) soldering. Pay special attention to post 32 (http://www.assemblergames.com/forums/showthread.php?43538-I-want-to-add-an-external-reset-switch-to-the-N64&p=643997&viewfull=1#post643997) as earlier in the thread there's some confusion as to whether or not that particular N64 has a make-to-connect, or a break-to-connect reset switch. For that N64, it's the former (a make to connect switch, i.e. the N64 resets when the circuit is made, when the switch is pressed and it connects the two points), I don't know if all N64s are like this, or if some are break to connect, though it's easy for you to test (just open your N64, connect one end of a wire to Ground (in the second photo posted in that thread by sonicdude10) and the other end of the wire to RESET, and if the N64 resets (or just won't start, if you try to start it, since the N64 goes into a constant reset-loop) then you know it's a connect-to-make circuit, so solder one wire to the GROUND, a different wire to the RESET, connect the two wires to a make-to-connect switch, and you have an external reset switch for your N64, and you don't need to use the official reset switch at all.

If you're not confident doing the (little bit of) soldering required, and don't have a friend who can do it for you, then it will probably be cheaper to buy another N64 (who's reset switch works) than pay someone to add an external reset switch. Though if you're going to buy one anyway, then perhaps you might as well try adding an external switch to this one first, since you won't be using this N64 when you buy a new one.

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Actually it does that. Mine does the same thing. I hear that it happens cause the system did not read the game correctly thus resetting.
It happens rarely for me but it occurs. When playing it would just reset constantly after the first. Just take it out and put whatever game it was back. Should be fine.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Console Workshop All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: