ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

In your opinion, how does this game compare to GoldenEye 007
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Damn Rey you scurred to PD me ? Then keep yo lil AI army haha

Rey

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know how I play bro Don't challenge me hahahaha.

Maxout

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:26 am    Post subject: Then why is mine best? Reply with quote Back to top

Unless you believe otherwise.

I can render one in that it wasn't boring to pass the time. At this point I'm more worried about my own game than someone else's. Though I still don't mind playing shooters time to time.

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... Despite some nice features in PD I find GE somewhat more interesting to play. In particular, I prefer the quirks in GE's multiplayer.

In PD, every single shot counts as a hit. GE has a window of invincibility after you hit a player. Although that's what you'd call a bit unrealistic, it has some nice side-effects I find preferable:
  • That acts as a bit of a balance to automatic weapons and makes slow firing, high damage things (magnum, for instance) much more playable.
  • It helps break camping. Only a small number of weapons can 1-hit kill and most require decent aiming. It's entirely possible to run into a room at full speed, taking a hit, and still be able to do something about the camper.
  • It's harder to jack people. Basically, spray-and-pray doesn't work well in GE. Getting the first hit in is one thing, but a near-instant reaction kill is another. Since a single hit is rarely lethal, you have to be concerned about what will happen in the damage bubble. You can not expect to just ninja-strike your way through.
  • It promotes ammo conservation. In PD the klobb is a much more "useful" weapon, despite its damage, clip size, and fire rates being identical. Technically it's doing the same damage as other pistols. In PD, you can kill somebody with a single clip of ammo. In GE, holding down the fire button with a klobb will land ~2 shots within a clip before reloading. It's much better to conserve ammo by stopping fire after the first hit, prepare to dodge, then restart when the bubble is gone. It's still inaccurate, but vastly more useful for suppression when used properly.
  • Longer gunfights. Waiting to spawn is boring. Two people firing wildly while circle-strafing, evading everything they're throwing at each other and using the stage for cover is much more fun. It's just too easy to kill somebody outright in PD for this to really happen.

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You're bang on there Smile

AL64inthedark
00 Agent
00 Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I can't see how some people can prefer GE music to PD. ^^
To me, Goldeneye's music are mostly ok...they do the job well. While I'll never forge the majority of those from PD.
English's not my first language and I always tought the voice actors did an awesome job from start to finish.

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

PD to me does have a better soundtrack. In GE I hate like 3 songs. Also some songs are on the Ok side. In PD I like all the songs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: