ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Possible PD remake Xbox one

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark
View previous topic :: View next topic  
madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 5:50 pm    Post subject: Possible PD remake Xbox one Reply with quote Back to top

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMWYPjYWcTo&list=PLZLTS4u9M_2rwB5pH964EW_f2oYLJLUrf

A quick mention of a possible PD remake for the Xbox one.

Just a very faint rumor i guess tho, will have to wait till e3

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Even if said rumors are true, I'd never get an xbox one. Already have a WiiU and a PS3, all the gaming I need.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm not leaping into next or any gen (7th gen disappoint enough.. I can barely bear it)

Damn it bring back the cartoon gaming !!!!!

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2014 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Is a DreamCast more modern than a PS2? That's the most modern stuff I own actually. Was looking at a SNES the other day.

Ok...back to topic! I'd jump at the chance to play a PD remake that doesn't suffer from the time and money limitations that the first one had. No matter how you dress it, Rare's PD team was under the hammer and down to the wire, and the game would have been markedly different if they'd had a little more breathing room to let it mature. That's what I'd like - which probably isn't what we'd get lol.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

To hell with a remake. Didn't we already get an update in the form of the XBLA version? Why not just make a bloody sequel? That's something to actually look forward to. A remake is going to be a beautiful mistake - just like GE Wii / Reloaded was. Maybe some fun online multi for a while, and then it'll go into obscurity. I don't know about the rest of you, but I'd like to see what happens next in Joanna's world.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I totally agree with Wreck.

Wasn't the X360 version running already 1080p, 60 fps and included online? Then what can be improved?

I don't like this remake/remasterization fever we are going through. You expect the next game to be better than the last one, or at least they try something a little different (even if it wasn't that great) so you don't feel you are playing the same thing over and over.

Remaking is like accepting you can't do better games. It's easy money since you skip a lot of production steps (so you spend less than a game made from scratch) and you know it will have good sales (unless you are silly enough to make a remake from a non popular game). It feels so cheap to me.
I can only understand remakes if they change enough from the original because this one was rushed in its development and you have the chance to finish it as it was planned. However, the ideal scenario is that the games are released in a finished form. An example of this is Zelda Windwaker, where even Miyamoto said they wanted to add two more dungeons and more features. Well, the remake is trash because they didn't add that!

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2014 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:

I can only understand remakes if they change enough from the original because this one was rushed in its development and you have the chance to finish it as it was planned. However, the ideal scenario is that the games are released in a finished form. An example of this is Zelda Windwaker, where even Miyamoto said they wanted to add two more dungeons and more features. Well, the remake is trash because they didn't add that!

While I disagree with calling it trash, the WindWaker remake was barely a remake, just a few optimizations and a fancy shader slapped into the game to get the nice bloom effect and shadows. Pretty lazy "remake" if you ask me, once more I did enjoy the game quite a lot.

Mantorok
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Sogun wrote:
An example of this is Zelda Windwaker, where even Miyamoto said they wanted to add two more dungeons and more features. Well, the remake is trash because they didn't add that!
The original plan was for Wind Waker on the GameCube to have two more dungeons. They were cut to reach a deadline.
The scrapped dungeons were recycled in later Zelda games:
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-06-13-the-wind-wakers-missing-dungeons-were-reused-in-other-zelda-games

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Perfect Dark All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: