ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Film in Progress: **UPDATE**

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:55 am    Post subject: Film in Progress: **UPDATE** Reply with quote Back to top

Well I have been asked to help my best friend with a film they want to produce on his studio end. I will be executive producer, special effects designer, sound designer, music composer, and editor. Laughing It's hard to find people that want to do this stuff for free but it's their loss if the studio ever hits it big. Wink

So my hacking downtime will be very limited so please be patient as I will continue to work on the Perfect Dark Weather Selector and Perfect Dark Extended Mod when I am taking breaks. I will most likely finish the Weather Selector FIRST as a FULL three part mod allowing you to have RAIN or SNOW in Campaign, Combat Simulator, and All Solos in Multi. It is the easiest thing to do right now so keep an eye out for it. Everyone be cool and keep the peace! Cool MultiplayerX

MOVIE POSTER I JUST FINISHED:

Last edited by MultiplayerX on Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Lain
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well. This movie looks interesting. I'll have to check it out when it's released!

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 6:20 pm    Post subject: VISUAL EFFECTS TESTS Reply with quote Back to top

On a comical note.... Here I am in a quick scene running tests on visual effects for our next film project. Everything produced by ME including sound effects, music score, visual effects, cinematography, editting, and directing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNbPwyo2Sd4&feature=youtu.be

Lain
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2014 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Well this has certainly piqued my interest even more than it already has been. It seems like the special effects are gonna be pretty good. Heck, what you posted seemed like a teaser trailer for me. A taste of what is yet to come when this project is near completion. I am excited for this even more and I cannot wait to see it! Very Happy

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Lol. Wow. Well thank you Lain. I ll take that as a huge compliment to my skills in this craft. I've been told I'd be dangerous if I'm EVER discovered as a director. I'm not very good at many things BUT this I came out of my mothers womb LOVING to do and getting better at time with it. I just need something to happen in the next five years so I can make my best ideas before I'm too old to have the energy to make some great ones. Right now I'm sitting on about 20 different ideas so I hope you're on to something. Thanks! Laughing

MRKane

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was that you acting in it as well as filming it with no assist? I've done that and I know just how difficult it is - it requires so much more planning and arrangement. Plus you're a spitting image of one of my mates who I act with frequently! The only difference being that he needs to loose a little weight Wink

Personally I think that's great work Multi - what duration are you looking at for the finished product?

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

MRKane wrote:
Was that you acting in it as well as filming it with no assist? I've done that and I know just how difficult it is - it requires so much more planning and arrangement. Plus you're a spitting image of one of my mates who I act with frequently! The only difference being that he needs to loose a little weight Wink

Personally I think that's great work Multi - what duration are you looking at for the finished product?

Yep that's me. And actually I need to lose weight around my stomach which I'm working on plus try to beef up a little more from being at home so much

Believe it or not I actually threw this thing together in about 20 minutes. Honestly we would be dangerous WITH A BUDGET. I was born to do this stuff and have been doing it since high school when we had to edit with VHS! Technology really makes it easy and you can flawlessly edit between shots. I filmed myself from different perspectives and used a few TRIPOD shots for the hallway and waking up from sleep scene. Everything else was handheld. It's all about knowing HOW you want it to look and your close ups and emotions the EDITTING is where you perform the real magic then a visual effects and SCORE add about 70% to the FEEL. Wink

MRKane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Love that "sound is X%" quote that people use. While I don't disagree with it, nobody seems to know where it came from. Earliest I saw it was by Dario Argento during an interview, and he's all about the suspense Wink He went on to say a little later that silence is also music: I think you tread a pretty good line!

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

that is true too Wink you can go both ways NO MUSIC relies on a brilliant sound effects mastering tell the story with an immaculate sound pallette

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Very true! We had an animated piece where one of the characters (a Penguin) was killed by a dog. We decided to roll with silence for the duration of the incident (which was all offscreen). Was great to throw that into the middle of a comic movie and see the looks of shock in the audience.

HOWEVER

I'm not a fan of hurting or agitating animals at all, so anyone who is a dog person could easily tell that the dog noises were a medium sized dog "viciously" playing with a slipper. Hehehehe

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: