ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Stupid Little Gripes
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 12:35 am    Post subject: Stupid Little Gripes Reply with quote Back to top

You know those little plastic tabs inside a CD jewel case that keeps the disc locked inside? It's so annoying when they break off for seemingly no reason, and the disc no longer stays locked in. Sliding around can cause scuffing by the remaining tabs that were supposed to help prevent that sort of thing from happening in the first place... Confused

Join in, add your stupid little gripe.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

"Easy Open" food packages that are not "easy open." Frustrated after not being able to get them open, next thing I know I'm looking for scissors or a knife, and then when I do get it open, I've destroyed the packaging to a point where I need to transfer the remaining food to another container of some sort.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you buy a $35 DVD and can't get the damned thing open because they have those security stickers on them. Then you spend 10 minutes blotting the sticky stuff that stays behind on older products that have been on the shelf for so long they won't come off without losing a bunch of glue.

Rey

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

There is this place here were I buy all my games and sometimes movies.
The side has a seal so you can not open it and take out the disc. Most of the time when you remove it the damn grey shiny part of the sticky part stays on it. You can take it out but then the case looks all scratched.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck, maybe ya mean spindle ? I really loathe the PS2 design of those.. the discs just bobble around.. and as for NGC they're so rough you have to jam them in place

When your stupid lil job does not task ye with anything 0.o

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That thing on every gas pump at the Shell station that shouts advertisements at you while you pump your gas and the mute button is broken from everybody else muting it.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmw wrote:
That thing on every gas pump at the Shell station that shouts advertisements at you while you pump your gas and the mute button is broken from everybody else muting it.

That honestly made me laugh.

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2014 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Toasters: There's no "correctly done" setting. It's either not enough or a burnt offering that the birds won't even eat.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2014 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

You know what really grind my gears. When messing with packages. And finding out when you take it all apart to find that the bar code sticker is often on top of the bought object.

I did find out that using some olive oil can really get those stickers right off. Just use a decent amount and just wipe it constantly.

PaRaDoX

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

When you heat up your food but parts of it are still magically cold.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Trash your microwave they're pathetically useless 0.o

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Video game console updates...
I never had to deal with these very often, except for when playng certain new titles that come with some sort of system update required for it on the disc. But ever since putting my consoles online (through the magic of Wi-Fi), I've been getting hammered by these things. Even putting in a game I have already beaten months or longer ago is telling me that there's an update available now. And after sitting down and waiting for the download to finish you then need to sit down and wait further for the damn thing to install. By the time the whole process completes, I don't care to play the bloody game anymore.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I hate the way modern first person shooters are so linear, have constant on-screen prompts ("Press X to open door", "HOLD Y to pick up weapon", etc, every time an action is possible, the way they have on-screen indicators to the next objective or level exit, the way mid-game cutscenes appear (they are often unskippable, and remind you that you're just playing a game), the weapon carrying limits (I'm not playing a realistic game, like Operation Flashpoint, so I want to be able to carry and use every weapon I find), recharging health/shield, automatic checkpoint saving, which means I can't go back to a mid game level or battle and replay it whenever I want, etc.

Also I don't understand why many games nowadays lock the hardest difficulty until you've completed the game on a lower difficulty. What happens if you've bought the game, having completed it on a friend's machine, and now want to play it n the hardest level? Or if you've already completed the game on your machine, but your save game (or whatever it is) has been deleted or corrupted, so the game can't read it, and so it doesn't know that you've already completed the game, so it won't let you play on the hardest skill level.

Wreck wrote:
Video game console updates...
I never had to deal with these very often, except for when playng certain new titles that come with some sort of system update required for it on the disc. But ever since putting my consoles online (through the magic of Wi-Fi), I've been getting hammered by these things. Even putting in a game I have already beaten months or longer ago is telling me that there's an update available now. And after sitting down and waiting for the download to finish you then need to sit down and wait further for the damn thing to install. By the time the whole process completes, I don't care to play the bloody game anymore.

Agreed. And for some reason, it's the PS3 that does it FAR more often, and for FAR longer periods of downloading/installing time. To be fair, my PS3 is connected to the web wirelessly, whilst the XBox 360 is connected via a lead, which might account for the longer downloading times on the PS3, plus of course the number of updates a game has is dependant on each game, so maybe my choice of games on the PS3 and XBox is a large cause of my PS3 having more game updates, but for whatever reasons, the PS3 has more frequent system updates and more frequent game updates.

I do miss the days when a console was just for playing games, and didn't also function as a social media centre (seriously, who uses a console for facebook or Twitter, etc? Everyone who uses these things already has a far more capable PC or laptop or tablet or mobile phone), and when games had to be properly tested before release as updates (bug-fixes for serious bugs) weren't possible. Now we're not only unpaid beta testers, and we are stupid enough to go along with it, and we even pay for the privileged!

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

The way some Bluray players have to delay until they've identified that theres *no disk* in the tray before they'll open - fine as a consumer but as a programmer this becomes painful.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Kerr pffft same crap as the auto industry there HAVE been COMMERCIALS of PATHETIC social/netceleb life integrated in the damn dashboards ..

Didn't ye just wish it was a decade+ back when EVERY HOUSEHOLD must have a rig, and driving was damn fun ?

L0L perhaps my post here would sit better in the Stupid Little Gripes thread .. jus freaking everybody I look @ only gaze downwards into buullchit 0.o

EDIT: Even "bull" is censored here @ tha SF !? Jeez Embarassed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: