ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Pierce Brosnan as James Bond Guest Stars in Jimmy Fallon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:41 pm    Post subject: Pierce Brosnan as James Bond Guest Stars in Jimmy Fallon Reply with quote Back to top

Did any of you people missed it? Pierce Brosnan Guest Star in the Late Night with Jimmy Fallon. One of my favorite moments is that Jimmy Fallon and Pierce Brosnan, both played One vs. One on Multiplayers playing GoldenEye 007. It sucked because Jimmy Fallon won the Match. Crying or Very sad

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMf6Rh4iJWY&list=UU8-Th83bH_thdKZDJCrn88g

Last edited by Omegacop_jp on Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

James Bond is playing with himself. Cool

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I've never heard of Jimmy Fallon (I'm in England), was this a talk show?

Anyway, imagine playing GE on a screen that size!

SubDrag
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's very spectacular.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

What.. on Earth

Is that really composite ? That TV is SO blown up lifesize and cannot even notice fuzz !!!

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

mistamontiel wrote:
What.. on Earth

Is that really composite ? That TV is SO blown up lifesize and cannot even notice fuzz !!!

That was my first thought, especially the menu screen. It is possible they have it hooked up via s-video.

I do question whether or not they were actually playing or whether the actual gameplay was pre-recorded and they just kind of played along. Its impossible to tell for sure. When Jimmy is shooting I couldn't see his trigger finger actually pulling the trigger.

And if it WAS pre-recorded, it is possible it was emulator footage, though to me the gameplay video does look like genuine console, just a little sharper than what I would have expected.

On another note, this may bring some interest back to the game, which is a good thing. The video already has over 700k views and its currently the TOP news feed on facebook.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

bmw wrote:
mistamontiel wrote:
What.. on Earth

That was my first thought, especially the menu screen. It is possible they have it hooked up via s-video.

I do question whether or not they were actually playing or whether the actual gameplay was pre-recorded and they just kind of played along. Its impossible to tell for sure. When Jimmy is shooting I couldn't see his trigger finger actually pulling the trigger.

And if it WAS pre-recorded, it is possible it was emulator footage, though to me the gameplay video does look like genuine console, just a little sharper than what I would have expected.

On another note, this may bring some interest back to the game, which is a good thing. The video already has over 700k views and its currently the TOP news feed on facebook.

It looked like live game play. I think the only explanation as to why he was delaying his shot was to either one he was just so star struct to play the game with the man himself. Or he wanted to give Pierce a chance to pickup a gun. Either way this was just to darn amazing. I could not simply believe this.

As for the TV itself. It does have some fuzzy side effect to it if you look closely. I'll admit you two we're not the only one thinking that the game looked way to crisp. But then again if you all remember those old gigantic TV's back then with those plastic like screens. (Not sure what they we're really made out of) but it looked amazing on a huge TV.

This image looks exactly like the TV I had back in 1998. But WAY bigger then that. And good lord Goldeneye looked amazing on it with no fuzzy effect either.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think those screens used freznel lenses to increase the size of a smaller projection. They definately were polarized (at an angle you couldn't see easily or at all, much like a security screen) and freznel lenses can be nearly flat if need be. CRTs require phosphors and the depth increases proportionally to the size of the screen, so you could tell basically by how deep and large the bulge on the back is.

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's just like my display maybe 2" wider each side and it's a fuzzfest

But the HDMI input in it .. cake

MRKane

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Can't help but note that he didn't wait for him to get a gun. Tisk tisk very unsporting.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Non-Gaming Talk All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: