ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Sky Plugin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 8:49 pm    Post subject: Sky Plugin Reply with quote Back to top

I was not sure were to put this so please forgive me. I guess it is a computer issue. I know Glide is the mega good plugin for Mupen.
However it does not process the sky for me at all. None of the current plugins I have do. Why is this?
If it is simple sorry. I'm still new. Embarassed

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Welcome to the boards. Cool Honestly the best way to render the sky is with the PJ64 emulator using Jabo's last patch. 1.6 is the VERSION. Mupen is good for online play but still has a crap TON of compatibility issues with graphics cards, etc. GLIDE is what you want for WATER and SKY. If you still get stuck I hacked out a slew of FOG codes you can throw in your cheat area. See here:

http://codelegends.proboards.com/thread/12/fog-mods-all-levels

I also have a water code that is universal for FRIGATE Wink. It uses a code Subdrag had on an old site for Citadel's beta water. I combined it with Frigate's sky code:

This is a special edition version of Frigate's WATER. I don't know how I missed this before but I immediately replaced my old code with this one that actually draws REAL water for Frigate WITHOUT the need for special plugins It is a combination of Frigate's SKY code mixed with a water code from Citadel. The result is a nice smooth bright blue sea. I think you will find the results very satisfying. MultiplayerX

Open Seas
81044DD4 1030
81044DD6 6001
81044DD8 453B
81044DDA 8000
81044DE0 4366
81044DE4 4366
81044DE8 4366
81044DEC 0100
81044DF4 0001
81044DFC 437F
81044E00 437F
81044E0A 00F0
81044E0C 4120
81044E10 469C
81044E12 4000

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Hmm... Glide should have default settings for GoldenEye set in glide.ini, which can be found in the plugin folder. The entry should be similar if not the same as this:
Code:

[GOLDENEYE]
lodmode = 1
depth_bias = 40
filtering=0
depthmode = 0
fb_smart = 1
fb_hires = 1
fog=1
buff_clear=1
swapmode=1
aspect=3
fb_read_always=0
fb_get_info=0
fb_render=1
detect_cpu_write=0
read_back_to_screen=0

Normally it would use those values instead of the default ones, but since it doesn't seem to be doing that you'll have to change them manually.
Open the video plugin settings window in Mupen while the game is running. This way it only changes settings for GoldenEye and no other titles. If there isn't an emulation settings tab you'll have to activate it. There's a button in the left-hand corner show advanced emulation options. If it isn't set set it, and you might have to close the window and reopen it before the tab appears. In either case, click the emulation settings tab.

Going down the left-hand column first, these should correspond to the original settings:
Filtering mode: Automatic
Buffer swapping method: New
LOD calculation: fast
Aspect ratio: Original
Fog: set
Buffer clear on every frame: set

-and on the right-hand column:
Enable frame buffer emulation: set
Hardware frame buffer emulation: set
get frame buffer info: not set
Read every frame: not set
Render N64 frame buffer as texture: not set
Detect CPU write to the N64 frame buffer: not set
software depth buffer rendering: set

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

ZOINK: That doesn't always work my diehard hacking buddy Wink. Video cards and drivers do conflict soimetimes with PJ64 and other emulators. FYI Wink

zoinkity

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

1. She's asking about Glide for Mupen.
  2. Some versions of Mupen include a different build of Glide so the distro doesn't necessarily have the final compatability settings file. (this is mentioned on emutalk.net's boards)
  3. Let's rule out a software problem first since you can't do much about hardware.

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I don't know were to put any of those code numbers in. I thought the plugin did it all it self. Crying or Very sad

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Ami wrote:
I don't know were to put any of those code numbers in. I thought the plugin did it all it self. Crying or Very sad

Find the file called "Glide64.ini", you might need Notepad++ which you can download here if needed.

http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

Once you have found it and open it up correctly. You should find that there is a bunch of names of games and tons of numbers though out the huge list.

You want to press these keys combination. Alt+F on Notepad++. This will pull up a find menu. type in Goldeneye and press enter. It should bring you directly to the name. Under that name you might find.

Code:
[GOLDENEYE]
lodmode = 1
depth_bias = 40
filtering = 1
depthmode = 0
fb_smart = 1
fb_hires = 1

The command lines might be different on each Glide64 release. Give what Zoinkity mention a try by copying what he wrote in yellow to you're INI. Pretty much replace what under [Goldeneye] with what he wrote. This will help make it run smooth or make it slower. Depending what you're computer specs are.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Computer SOS All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: