ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Perfect Dark 14"

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Perfect Dark 14" Reply with quote Back to top

Probably either this or next week, I'll be releasing the first patch of Perfect Dark 14".

Watch the preview:

Showcase [1]:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywK88XCiQcY&list=UUKL6TrjKV4UUNhGyK0ztE4A

Showcase [2]:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P_S0mbA2beI&list=UUKL6TrjKV4UUNhGyK0ztE4A

[More coming later]

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Uh .. what's trailer 2 ? Yo "14 PD is GE:X ?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just curious how you made the classic weapons usable for Sims? Did you do it from scratch, or did you use the patch I made a while back that is available on the Vault?

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Omegacop_jp
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I did it from scratch, you can tell on showcase 1, that I did it the same way with the Suicide Pill.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Just make sure you setup the Sim preferences for each weapon intelligently. That way they'll be able to choose which one is "better" to use when carrying multiple guns. Obviously the two pistols are low on the food chain, with the Skorpion arguably being slightly better or even worse. The P90 should be the highest, with the M16 just before it. How you set that all up is your decision, though. Single and dual wielding have their own values, as you've likely found. I made a list before of Sim weapon preferences that you might find useful, if you haven't seen it already.

http://www.shootersforever.com/forums_message_boards/viewtopic.php?t=5476

As a side note, I feel as though you might want to adjust the name of the mod to Perfect Dark '14. Whenever I see 14", I immediately think fourteen inches. Maybe I'm the only one. I know the original name used a quotation mark after Dark, but that doesn't mean you have to do the same after the year number. Again, your project, your choice! Smile

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

mistamontiel

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That's just as I assumed as well .. fourteen inch

Kerr Avon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Omegacop_jp, will you be improving the single player levels too? If not, then please consider it, as a deluxe version of PD could be superb.

A few suggestions I'd make would be:

1) More weather effects, such as rain in both dataDyne: Defection, and dataDyne: Extraction, as the rain would really add to the atmosphere on the rooftop and when you're in the building and can see the rain through the windows.

2) More enemies in normally sparse areas, such as the parts of Crash Site that are nearly empty. To give the player a reason to go there, maybe put a good but unique (to the level) weapon to one of the guards, so that it's worth fighting the guards. Or maybe make the presidental scanner start on th ground amongst some enemies on the currently empty (well, no enemies) part of the map, so the player has to go and get the scanner, and therefore has to fight those enemies.

Actually, more enemies on every level anyway would be good. And don't be afraid of making the game harder than it already is, as to play your mod, just about everyone will have already played the ordinary Perfect Dark, so they'll be used to the mechanics of the game, and will hopefully be looking for more of a challenge.

3) Please put weather into the multiplayer maps too. Especially Chicago (it just doesn't look right without the rain), but any level that has outside parts, please.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wink Yeah one day I need to finish my Weather Selector. You can download the patch I made on VAULT for the weather selector. Just patch you Rom and you can look RIGHT AT the action blocks to see how I did them AND extract the action blocks to add to your own mod Wink

**NOTE** It is really NOT that hard to do this stuff my brothers and I have made it so easy a baby can do it. Wink I'M NOT some sort of hacking or modding genius I just read up and forced myself to learn and asked Subdrag a lot of questions. ;D

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Carrington's Hacker Central All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: