ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Slower weapon firing rate with lots of guards

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Randomness87
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:29 am    Post subject: Slower weapon firing rate with lots of guards Reply with quote Back to top

I noticed in Project 64 version 2 that whenever there are a lot of people on the screen, the weapon fire rate seems to slow down, sometimes a lot. The graphics also seem to get more "choppy". Is this because the computer does not have enough ram, or because the emulator was not designed for this? Is there a way to fix this?

madmax386
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Stolens Build of 1964 run at 60fps with the mouse injector included try that.

or maybe its you pc, what hardware are you running.

https://archive.org/details/1964-GEPD-Edition

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
mistamontiel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2014 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

WTF ? Read comments @ the archive page

Randomness87
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I'm running it on Windows 7, and I do know that it runs at around 60 frames per second (I assume thats what VI/s means), as opposed to 30 frames per second. I definitely don't want to install something that is said to be a virus. Has anybody had any experience with that program?

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the game slows down a little even on console in similar situations. When lots of guards are rendered on screen, especially while in attack mode, the game can lag some. You might notice it more when firing a machine gun. Perfect Dark definitely does this, and is worse in Hi-resolution mode.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

speedruntrainer
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Project64 2.x has some major framerate issues. Some games runs way faster even when the VI/s are 60 (or 59.x).
The VI/s are supposed to 60, or atleast close to 60, so that's not the problem.

If you still want to use Project64, get either 1.6 or 1.7.
For another emulator get the 1964 - 60 FPS build.

My YouTube: www.youtube.com/speedruntrainer

My Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/speedruntrainer/

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/speedruntrainer

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

This happens on actual Nintendo 64 Hardware. Known to happen in many games. Nintendo only has so much ram and video memory before it starts to drop FPS entirely. Goldeneye known to do this a lot compare to other games though. The explosions cause frame drops quite pretty much everywhere in the game. Same goes for guard spawns. The more spawns the more memory the game using to keep track.

An emulator does not fix the issues that the hardware has. But there is ways to by pass the frame drops though. MadMax386 linked a 60FPS emulator that stolen design, and it works rather well. But do keep in mind though, there has been users posting that there is a keylogger built into it. Some virus protectors pick it up while others miss it entirely. So it could be a false alarm. So do keep that in mind if you do try and download it from that link above.

Randomness87
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

First of all, thank you for the replies! I downloaded another version of 1964 known as "1964 Ultrafast", version 3.0. I also tried another 60FPS build, which I do believe was Stolen's build (It sucks what happened to Stolen, RIP). The framerate was pretty constant at 60FPS, and the gameplay normally smooth, however once in a while, the gameplay and audio would lag/stutter really bad for about a second or two. This occurred about twice a minute. Aside from the stuttering, I must say the gameplay was a hundred times better than a n64 console, simply due to the fact that the graphics were not choppy at all. This was running at a 200 MHz over clock, on a Windows 8 machine with 12GB memory and a 2.4 GHz processor. Does anybody think that machine is overkill, or that I should over clock at a different rate?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> GoldenEye 007 All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: