GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Zelda: The Legend of Link (NES hack)
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2014 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Completed dungeons six and seven. Thank goodness for the blue power ring, and a red potion doesn't hurt to keep with you, either. You really need to get accustomed to the way enemies move around and attack. And as your weapons improve, the better your chances become.

I located the entrance to dungeon nine, but still haven't found eight. I've been bombing and burning a lot of stuff, which has mostly lead to "It's a secret to everybody" rooms, or an old man who sues you for breaking his front door. I'm sure I'll come across the entrance soon enough.

Noticed two things on that map that I haven't picked up so far; a magic book and a magic key. Either of these things necessary at this point in the game for me? Newest items I've gotten were the magic sword, whistle and red candle.

YOUTUBE | FACEBOOK | VAULT | MOD DB | RHDN

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I was stopped in Dungeon 6 when I played the game in the Gamecube's Zelda Collectors Edition (it's hard to move with the stick or the small d-pad). Battling those wizards was impossible.
I had to try again with the Wii emulator and the Wiimote. That helped a lot.

As for the items you lack, Wreck, those are found in the 8th dungeon so you don't need them to get there. And they aren't really needed to beat the game.
-The magic book adds fire to the wand like it's a canddle. If I remember correctly you have to wait for the fire to extinguish before beeing able to use fire again. But it's very annoying because the fire can hurt you too, so don't shoot it when you are very close to and enemy or wall. I prefer the first wand.
-The Magic Key opens all the doors. This makes dungeons a lot easier. But you can still complete the dungeons with the keys that are available.

I think finding the entrance to the 8th dungeon is the hardest thing in the game. For other cryptic things you have small hints here and there. But this one you only find it by trying everything in every square of the map.
Small hint Wink Think about the item you got in the 7th dungeon.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I have another map that shows every sector of the map, without any spoilers showing secret entrances. I've been noting all the hidden entrances I come across. It seems as though each sector can have only one room entrance in it. Even a dungeon entrance that has a secret stairwell under an Armos lead to the same dungeon, so I guess you can't have two separate stairs or wall holes in one spot of the map going to unique locations? If that is so, it does help me to concentrate on going to places where I have yet to stumble upon a secret.

Thanks for the intel, Sogun. Smile

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck wrote:
I have another map that shows every sector of the map, without any spoilers showing secret entrances. I've been noting all the hidden entrances I come across. It seems as though each sector can have only one room entrance in it. Even a dungeon entrance that has a secret stairwell under an Armos lead to the same dungeon, so I guess you can't have two separate stairs or wall holes in one spot of the map going to unique locations? If that is so, it does help me to concentrate on going to places where I have yet to stumble upon a secret.

Thanks for the intel, Sogun. Smile

You probably have found some heart containers though out you're adventure. If you have not though. It would be quite wise to search EVERYWHERE. Those heart containers are in quite sneaky spots though out the map. You need or in other words, WANT these when you get to the final dungeon or you will be slaughter.

Also I had some time and gave the Zelda mod a try that BMW linked. And I am beyond impressed for what they done with such limitations that the original Zelda has. Heck, by not pressing a single button on the start screen. You get the story. But in the end they show these 3D pixal animated versions of Links from 3D Zelda titles. My mind was blown when I saw that. I just can't believe how much they push the NES limits. Even the color pallets are just insane.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Wreck: yes, there can only ever be one secret entrance on each screen.

There's also a rather insane way to predict what item you'll collect from a drop.

bmw
Hacker
Hacker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
...I am beyond impressed for what they done with such limitations that the original Zelda has. Heck, by not pressing a single button on the start screen. You get the story. But in the end they show these 3D pixal animated versions of Links from 3D Zelda titles. My mind was blown when I saw that. I just can't believe how much they push the NES limits...

Indeed, that 3d animation was pretty sweet.

I created a .gif

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Still can't get over the whole 3D pixel made Links in the mod.

Now a sidenote, Not sure if anyone knew about this. But due to all of this discussion about the original The Legend of Zelda. I decided to go and look for more modded versions of the game and see if there was some fantastic mod worth linking here.

Instead I found this interesting video that discuss a remake of the original Legend of Zelda.

Turns out there is a remake of it and it's Pretty big remake too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BDVxSm-_iM4

So basically way back around when SNES was popular in japan. There was a way to connect to the internet called "BS" internet. Yeah I thought something else with that word. Laughing

But pretty much at the time, Nintendo was trying to do something like Downloadable content. And they released this remake The Legend of Zelda with better graphics and change and alter up the gameplay of the game. And by alter I mean added in real time events. The video will give you more information about that. Anyway, not only was that remade. They also added a second quest too it. Of course like the original there was a second quest to do after beating Ganon. But unlike the original The Legend of Zelda, they change the whole map setup in the second quest.

Of course to get the second quest in this remake version. You had to be connected to download part two of it to the cart.

What really different though is the fact you don't play as link in the game. You play as a avatar version of yourself. It's quite interesting and of course he also mention people modded it to have link playable as well.

Now not only the original game was remade. There was kinda an added story line to The Legend of Zelda A Link To The Pass. Same world map but with different dungeon maps.

I've never knew any of this. So this was a fantastic find for me and worth watching the video.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Unfortunately many BS games are either basically unplayable or simply lost. They were able to reconstruct the ALttP ones, using inserted music of course. There's some gems in that collection too; if you've never played Radical Dreamers be sure to give it a try.

Originally LoZ was going to be a 2-player-ish dungeon crawler. Player 2 would generate a dungeon, which is in part why they're so formulaic. Player 1 would then try to make their way through the dungeons. They changed from that design fairly early on, but it's still an interesting footnote.

Wreck
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Was away for the last few days, but I did make some progress before leaving. I found the hidden entrance to dungeon eight, and completed it. Also got the Magic Book, and made it up to Ganon in dungeon nine... who proceeds to decimate me. There must be some special way to defeat him, though I haven't played it enough to figure it out. You hit where he's invisible, he appears in green colour. Hit him enough, he goes brown, and doesn't vanish as quickly. I'll have to keep playing and trying other things to see what works. I think the boss in A Link to the Past required special arrows, so that could be a possibility here, as well.

Sogun
General
General

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2014 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

That same thing against Ganon happened to me the first time! hehe.
I don't know if I should spoil anything to you, Wreck. Maybe when you try to defeat him again you'll figure out (I took over an hour wandering the 9th dungeon until I found him again, lol).

As for the hack. I tried to run it in the NES emulator for the Wii and it didn't work. Sad The only way I can play it is on PC, but I prefer the wiimote and TV because is more like the real thing.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: