ShootersForever.com Forum Index

GoldenEye 007 Nintendo 64 Community, GoldenEye X, Nintendo 64 Games Discussion
GoldenEye Cheats, GoldenEye X Codes, Tips, Help, Nintendo 64 Gaming Community

Any Final Fantasy Fans?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rey

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:42 am    Post subject: Any Final Fantasy Fans? Reply with quote Back to top

Not sure if there has been a topic like this before But I just want to know. I recently started getting into the series like a year ago. I find the story and character development very well made.
Want to know all the people here on there opinions of the game and which they dislike and love the most.
Exclamation

MRKane

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I played FF7 first...well that was a mistake lol. All of the other ones just don't really seem to be able to hold up against it - there was so many things on that one which were just spot on.

I've not got into the ones over the last few years - just haven't had time, and ironically spend more time looking at their render-solutions and back end products now that I'm in the industry!

Rey

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I own X and 12 and have played 13. 13 is okay but not as good as the others before. X is known to be the last good one in many opinions.
12 has such mixed reactions it's not even funny.
12 is voted to be the worst and best FF game at the same time. Which makes no sense. I do like 12. It is hard for me to choose which is better 10 or 12. You guys decide maybe I can get convinced hahaha.
Laughing Cool Exclamation

MRKane

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I think the core issues with the FF games is the name actually. Imagine if it was just "a game" by "that studio" and didn't have the Final Fantasy name? Personally I feel that's where things have sort of collapsed with the reviews, in that the game will always be reviewed against the notion of the other games in the series.

I've not played much of the recent ones, but did get the feeling that the games were made by film makers in denial Wink

fantsu

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2014 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

I love FF6 (or FF3, like I always played it).
FF7 is also great.

Others.... meeh, 8 was fine I guess.
10 was crap, it was the only one I didn't even want to play through.

Rey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

10 has a pretty good story. I never played any of the old ones so I can't say much about it. I just know the general characters to the old ones. I never played 11 since It is an online game. Not even sure how it plays.
FF7 is always said to be some ones favorite, So I don't end up in shock no more. It's either 7 or 8.

EternallyAries

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

My favorite Final Fantasy game, well I consider 2D and 3D Final Fantasy games completely different.

For 2D, Final Fantasy IV, I mean it had everything it needed. The amazing music the characters. I mean who can forget Cecil. He is fantastic.

For 3D, Final Fantasy IX the whole entire way. It had an amazing intro, amazing story and just everything. Everyone in the game is likable in my honest opinion. My favorites are Zidane and Freya. And the battle system was stable and just out right balance.

MultiplayerX

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

EternallyAries wrote:
My favorite Final Fantasy game, well I consider 2D and 3D Final Fantasy games completely different.

For 2D, Final Fantasy IV, I mean it had everything it needed. The amazing music the characters. I mean who can forget Cecil. He is fantastic.

For 3D, Final Fantasy IX the whole entire way. It had an amazing intro, amazing story and just everything. Everyone in the game is likable in my honest opinion. My favorites are Zidane and Freya. And the battle system was stable and just out right balance.

Man this is a great game. I remember friends playing it but never have personally myself. I do remember the worlds being VERY absorbing like metroid and other rpgs with unforgettable environments and music like you said. I may have to play one. He he I have all the nes emu's I think snes etc

Lain
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Final Fantasy is a great game series. I think the first one is the best game of the series because you could have three other buddies be with you and you could each make your own character. I need to get back into that game. Sadly I won't have 3 others with me but I will surely have a good team.

Maxout

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FF 1-9. Didn't have time for the double digits. I don't want it online. I kinda like my games in original and suspended animation.

I hope I can create a topic here about that. I don't want to have too much fun by having my way with the imagination. Razz

http://www.youtube.com/Greatermaxim

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

Final Fantasy is a franchise that can pretty much live for ever. Since the stories do not follow the other ones and have different characters each time. I think that is one reason why it has held up for long. It is very tough for me to choose my favorite. I liked 13 simply because it looked nice and of course, Lightning. I will have to say as of now 12 is my favorite. No character there bothers me. Even the main character plays little part in the story. Everything was well developed even though the game was not finished and they had to rush it.

zoinkity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

FFs 2, 5, and 6 are favorites. For all the grief it gets, the second game was easily the most non-linear in the series.
FF5 was unique in that everything was scaled against your stats, plus almost no bosses give XP. It's possible to not only finish the game but take out the three hidden bosses at something absurd like level 3 or 5.

Ami
Agent
Agent

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

One reason why I loved 12 so much is that it did not focus on a typical love story like most games. (Not just final Fantasy) It get's rather tiring when you play and you can assume who likes who. Then if your right it's just not a surprise. Another thing I liked about 12 which most people seem to hate is, no random battle. You can see the enemy's on the map. It gave the game more life. To see the wild creatures out in the areas. I love it! LOL

Rey

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote Back to top

12 did have an awesome world. I loved how we had full control to the camera so we could actually look at the world we are in. I wish X (10) was like that instead of preset camera's. At least to my opinion 12 had a good cast even if the main character did not have much to add other then his brother dying right from the start. X had people that had no real value to the story. Still both are great games Exclamation

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ShootersForever.com Forum Index -> Game-On! All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: